The ?Beast races? design

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:40 am

I like Morrowind's beast races, just because they're different, but the lack of boots/closed helmets is definitely a disadvantage. I say put it somewhere between Morrowind and Oblivion.
A Lo RIkIton'ton

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:12 am

Well if modders can do it I dont see why Bethesda cant.
Ruben Bernal

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:38 am

Morrowind style. I liked the reverse knee joints.
Alex Blacke

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:06 pm

Morrowind style. I liked the reverse knee joints.

Uhm, reverse knee joint would be QUITE painfull for them. Their legs don't bend the other way and it's not a extra joint, they have a elongated middle foot bone.
Victor Oropeza

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:47 pm

i cant realy choise between oblivion and morrowind
i personly find how argonians walk and stand right in oblivion better then the chiken walk in oblivion same count for kajiit
but morrowing had a better swimming animation for argonians wich was more suited for them
also the missing of the sharp claws on both races disapointed me a little and with the adition of giving female argonians boobs i realy tought they just copy paste all bodys in oblivion only added every race their own texture skin and hight

but if they get in for example elder scroll V the structure of the oblivion only with the adition of swiming animaion claws and the boobless female argonians

then it would be perfect for me

ps sorry of my spelling
Alex Blacke

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:28 am

Uhm, reverse knee joint would be QUITE painfull for them. Their legs don't bend the other way and it's not a extra joint, they have a elongated middle foot bone.

So the term digitigrade feet is correct, I assume?

but if they get in for example elder scroll V the structure of the oblivion only with the adition of swiming animaion claws and the boobless female argonians

then it would be perfect for me

In a way, I actually prefer that the female argonians having mammary glands. Make it feel they are not really all reptilian.
Lawrence Armijo

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:19 am

i cant realy choise between oblivion and morrowind
i personly find how argonians walk and stand right in oblivion better then the chiken walk in oblivion same count for kajiit
but morrowing had a better swimming animation for argonians wich was more suited for them
also the missing of the sharp claws on both races disapointed me a little and with the adition of giving female argonians boobs i realy tought they just copy paste all bodys in oblivion only added every race their own texture skin and hight

The animations actuall don't matter at all, they have to make new animations anyway and we can only hope they'll try better ones. This is primarily on their DESIGN.
I actually talked about all those thing in the opening post but people keep bringing up "animations svcked" which is not the reason of their body design but because BETH svckS AT MAKING ANIMATIONS. Or "they couldn't wear boots" which was becuase4 they just didn't bother to make boots they can wear but MODDERS managed to do that very well. As mentioned they even managed to make tail armor for them which wasn't even scripted for the game to be possible.
ruCkii

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:27 am

I prefer Morrowind's take on the beast races for just about the same reason as everyone else - it actually made them different. I loved playing a beast race in Morrowind because I felt like my character was really different. Not so in Oblivion, where the beast races were just like everyone else only with fur/scales on the outside.

This. Although I never played DF or Arena.... unfortunately.
brenden casey

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:02 am

In a way, I actually prefer that the female argonians having mammary glands. Make it feel they are not really all reptilian.

But, I don't think that Argonians are in any way mammalian. They should not have briasts.
tiffany Royal

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:53 pm

Oblivion.

Despite being beast races, wearing helmets and boots were a must. Not to mention, it was cosmetically better IMO; the Khajiit feet just didn't click and the Argonian feet were "eh".
gandalf

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:08 am

But, I don't think that Argonians are in any way mammalian. They should not have briasts.

But they are not 100% reptilian either. Beside, the past shown that they did have briast in Daggerfall and Oblivion. Great place to store fat, I would say.
Ryan Lutz

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:56 am

Somewhere between Arena and Daggerfall, I guess.
Yvonne Gruening

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:06 am

But they are not 100% reptilian either. Beside, the past shown that they did have briast in Daggerfall and Oblivion. Great place to store fat, I would say.

Maybe some species are more reptilian than others. The female Argonians in Morrowind didn't have briasts.
Marie Maillos

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:07 pm

If they lay eggs, then there's no need to have mammary glands. :shrug:
Sun of Sammy

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:47 pm

Viva la Daggerfall!
N Only WhiTe girl

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:35 am

If they lay eggs, then there's no need to have mammary glands. :shrug:

What about the duckbill platypus? They lay eggs and nurse (not saying I disagree with what you are trying to say, just pointing out the flaw in your arguement). Then again, the platypus are a giant anomaly.
Kelsey Anna Farley

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:39 pm

Maybe some species are more reptilian than others. The female Argonians in Morrowind didn't have briasts.

Though it may be true, the Morrowind version of Argonian female is a a bit more bulkier from the chest to abdomen, making them very similar to their male counterpart on body structure.
Russell Davies

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:09 am

Though it may be true, the Morrowind version of Argonian female is a a bit more bulkier from the chest to abdomen, making them very similar to their male counterpart on body structure.

i agree that there must be a difrence between the female and male i also agree that the pre argonians from arena and daggerfall did have briast in the first place but to be honest i find the elder scroll lore sometimes a real mess :P like sheogorath had payed a visit tot the libarery
and i personaly find argonians from arena daggerfall and morrowind and oblivion all 4 total difrent races only sharing their race name together
the reason i hope for briastless female argonians is not i like reptilian all the way but i like that races being total difrent from eachother is it a huge axe wielding nord or a strong bulky ugly green barbarian orc or stealthy sharp clawed furrie kajjit or agile and smooth bodied argonian i just dont want diff choises in class but also in the races otherwise the the multi race option is total of no valuw to me if every race is a lookalike in a similair way i like the great difrence
so my opinion is what is the bad thing if we make 1 race not mamule lookalike?

again sorry for my bad spelling and remember thise are only my few on the things :)
Farrah Lee

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:34 am

i agree that there must be a difrence between the female and male i also agree that the pre argonians from arena and daggerfall did have briast in the first place but to be honest i find the elder scroll lore sometimes a real mess :P like sheogorath had payed a visit tot the libarery
and i personaly find argonians from arena daggerfall and morrowind and oblivion all 4 total difrent races only sharing their race name together
the reason i hope for briastless female argonians is not i like reptilian all the way but i like that races being total difrent from eachother is it a huge axe wielding nord or a strong bulky ugly green barbarian orc or stealthy sharp clawed furrie kajjit or agile and smooth bodied argonian i just dont want diff choises in class but also in the races otherwise the the multi race option is total of no valuw to me if every race is a lookalike in a similair way i like the great difrence
so my opinion is what is the bad thing if we make 1 race not mamule lookalike?

We each have our own, though I can still see that the female argonian can retain their beastlike state from Morrowind (claws, lizard-like head, digitigrade feet) , Skin pattern from Daggerfall, and having a large amount of body fat center in one place to make it appear like that of mammary glands (though they are not the mammary glands that would produce milk like real mammals).
..xX Vin Xx..

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:01 am

We each have our own, though I can still see that the female argonian can retain their beastlike state from Morrowind (claws, lizard-like head, digitigrade feet) , Skin pattern from Daggerfall, and having a large amount of body fat center in one place to make it appear like that of mammary glands (though they are not the mammary glands that would produce milk like real mammals).
thise few i totaly can go with ya :) altough now i total wonder how they gona explain if elderscoll V is going to be in skyrim how aronians can survive there as they pre mentiond argonians are cold blooded then again sheogorath messed up things in the past anyway >

but as long argonians wil be playible and have their reptilian gland and there tail im happy ^^
Kim Kay

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:21 am

Okay, if a reptile is going to store fat anywhere, why would it be on top of the pectoral muscles?
Nancy RIP

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:21 am

Okay, if a reptile is going to store fat anywhere, why would it be on top of the pectoral muscles?

Make wearing women-wear possible and making sense rather then sweeping for a male version of the clothes and make it a bit funky looking. And like I said before, they are not that of 100% reptilians and we are talking about a walking lizard-like being here. Anatomy does not really have to make sense and/or similar to our reality.
Charles Weber

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:50 am

Oblivion, Because you could wear shoes and full helms. But I liked Morrowinds animations
Rude_Bitch_420

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:17 am

altough now i total wonder how they gona explain if elderscoll V is going to be in skyrim how aronians can survive there as they pre mentiond argonians are cold blooded

Sorry but gotta insert a big GROAN here.
Cold blooded A. is a old and VERY inaccurate term, reptiles CAN regulate their body temperature and are not fully dependant on their environment and B. strip a human of his clothes or a wolf of his fur and they would freeze to death as well, does that mean they wouldn't be able to survive in Skyrim?
Plus being a fantasy race it's easy to assume they can fully regulate their body temperature.
Milagros Osorio

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:51 am

Sorry but gotta insert a big GROAN here.
Cold blooded A. is a old and VERY inaccurate term, reptiles CAN regulate their body temperature and are not fully dependant on their environment and B. strip a human of his clothes or a wolf of his fur and they would freeze to death as well, does that mean they wouldn't be able to survive in Skyrim?
Plus being a fantasy race it's easy to assume they can fully regulate their body temperature.

Plus, there's always insulated clothing, and there was an argonian in Bloodmoon. Also, not all of Skyrim is snow and cold, just like how the Scandinavian countries and Canada is not only snow and ice.
vanuza

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion