the empire is dead

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:42 pm

i have been on the fence on civil war for a long time. i loved the empire but the empire was theTiber Septim blood line and without them it is slowly dieing do you think Uriel Septim VII would have gave up hammerfell and abandoned the blades no. the Aldmeri Dominion would not have accpeated The White-Gold Concordatif they were as close to wining as everone seems to think. nether side could contue the war but the empire should never under any circumstances alowed a foreign power to imprision and torturer citizens of the empire.that bening said i do not like Ulfric i think he is in for the the power and he is raceist. however he does not say how high ever time the Aldmeri Dominion say jump. he is the last chance at a powerful force to stand against the Dominion.

ps plz forgive the spelling and gramer mistakes thank u :biggrin:
Jessica Phoenix

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:33 pm

Is the Empire dead? No, by definition it is still around. It might have been dying for a while though. The question is whether or not the Great War and the Civil War in Skyrim would be enough of a wakeup call for it to pull itself together. That is assuming the Empire wins the Civil War. If it doesn't I doubt it will be strong enough to face the Thalmor without being destroyed in the process.

Should the Empire die? Honestly, I have no idea.
Yvonne

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:23 am

I have the feeling either way the empire is going to fall and we're being set up for a Cuhlecain and Tiber Septim style reformation of the empire. Whether it's Ulfric or Tullius leading is probably something we'll never know.
Mr.Broom30

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:14 am

I have the feeling either way the empire is going to fall and we're being set up for a Cuhlecain and Tiber Septim style reformation of the empire. Whether it's Ulfric or Tullius leading is probably something we'll never know.
I think it is more plausable that there will be a new guy introduced to this in DLC or later lore who kills Tullius and/or Ulfric, usurp the Empire and reconquer Skyrim, then goes on to fight the Thalmor or it happens after the Thalmor have been defeated. Hard to say what will happen though.
sarah simon-rogaume

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:57 pm

Rome itself was dying at one point then died many years later.. But Caesar saved them.. You must put into account that Imperial is not fighting the Dominion on their own.. They have Hammerfell which is doing pretty good fighting.. As long as the empire does nothing for awhile, then they will win in the end.. Both Hammerfell and Dominion will be weaker if they keep fighting..
Emmie Cate

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:00 pm

Quick question, if you are dragonborn, does that give you a legitimate claim to the throne?
Erika Ellsworth

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:18 am

Quick question, if you are dragonborn, does that give you a legitimate claim to the throne?
no it doesn't
Peter P Canning

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:24 pm

While the Dominion are very powerful, I believe their dissenters are equally powerful. The Dominion not only slaughtered people in their own country, they slaughtered countless Altmer in Hammerfell who didn't want to go along with the Dominion. Those dissenters, coupled with a good Hammerfell resistance and a united empire, could very well stand against the Dominion. I think the Altmer slaughter of their own people could convince many of their own people to defy the Dominion.
Tha King o Geekz

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:14 pm

No divine right as far as I know. However,it will give you some cultural claim, but that claim means nothing if you do not have the military and political support in the first place.
R.I.P

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:30 pm

no it doesn't

Actually it can, you can just say your related and you got some proof.. As machiavelli said ~ The End Justifies the Mean.. Your not actually supposed to though.. lol
Samantha Jane Adams

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:36 am

It'll be Tiber Septim himself who reunites the Empire and squashes the Thalmor. Due to one of the very few leaks i've seen of Dawnguard, i believe the Dovahkiin learn's the "Slen Tiid Vo" shout that Alduin uses to ressurect long dead Dragons. He then uses the shout on Tiber Septim's remains (Tiber Septim was a Dragonborn, therefore having the soul of a Dragon), and brings him back. Tiber Septim then proceeds to reunite Tamriel, then once worship of him is restored (and worship fuels his power), he uses his powers of CHIM to sink the Summerset Isles beneath the waves, forever ending the threat of the Aldmeri Dominion.
Marquis T

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:13 pm

It'll be Tiber Septim himself who reunites the Empire and squashes the Thalmor. Due to one of the very few leaks i've seen of Dawnguard, i believe the Dovahkiin learn's the "Slen Tiid Vo" shout that Alduin uses to ressurect long dead Dragons. He then uses the shout on Tiber Septim's remains (Tiber Septim was a Dragonborn, therefore having the soul of a Dragon), and brings him back. Tiber Septim then proceeds to reunite Tamriel, then uses his powers of CHIM to sink the Summerset Isles beneath the waves, forever ending the threat of the Aldmeri Dominion.

Why does everyone think that this new Download will have anything to do with the main story.. You will know, you will see thalmor..
Cash n Class

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:35 pm

Whether or not the Empire is dead (IMHO) depends entirely upon if the Empire gets it's balls back and decides to actually stand-up and say "No." to the Thalmor.

If they did that, then I pretty much guarantee that at least the Nords would give them enough respect to be willing to fight alongside them again.
Gwen

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:33 pm

It'll be Tiber Septim himself who reunites the Empire and squashes the Thalmor. Due to one of the very few leaks i've seen of Dawnguard, i believe the Dovahkiin learn's the "Slen Tiid Vo" shout that Alduin uses to ressurect long dead Dragons. He then uses the shout on Tiber Septim's remains (Tiber Septim was a Dragonborn, therefore having the soul of a Dragon), and brings him back. Tiber Septim then proceeds to reunite Tamriel, then once worship of him is restored (and worship fuels his power), he uses his powers of CHIM to sink the Summerset Isles beneath the waves, forever ending the threat of the Aldmeri Dominion.

This is as ridiculous as it is implausible.

It's definitely canon.
Ally Chimienti

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:46 pm

Why does everyone think that this new Download will have anything to do with the main story.. You will know, you will see thalmor..

I know it won't immediately have anything to do with the main storyline. However, elements of it, like learning the Slen Tiid Vo (Flesh Time Undo) Shout will probably tie into it.
Kelvin Diaz

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:56 pm

I personal think that Titus had himself killed, to make it appear like the Thalmor had it ordered, turning him into a matry, and in allowing the empire to break the white gold treaty.
Annick Charron

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:02 pm

I know it won't immediately have anything to do with the main storyline. However, elements of it, like learning the Slen Tiid Vo (Flesh Time Undo) Shout will probably tie into it.

That won't have anything to do with it.. Since if it had something to do with the thalmor problem storywise then it would be entirely one DLC with it.. Not mission one is on this DLC and mission 2 is on that DLC.. And a shout has nothing to do with the storyline..
Dan Wright

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:40 am

This is as ridiculous as it is implausible.

It's definitely canon.

Yep, and Bethesda has a track record of pulling wierd crap out of their ass at the end of their games. Like the Dragonbreak that caused the "Warp in the West", where all the possible endings of Daggerfall happened (including the one where the protagonist gets stomped on by Numidium and killed). Just take a look at what Vivec did after he lost his divinity. That entire part of lore is a "Wtf!?". Then take a look at how Akatosh suddenly popped up at the end of Oblivion and banished Mehrunes Dagon.
jenny goodwin

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:32 am

Yep, and Bethesda has a track record of pulling out wierd crap at the end of their games. Like the Dragonbreak that caused the "Warp in the West", where all the possible endings of Daggerfall happened (including the one where the protagonist gets stomped on by Numidium and killed). Just take a look at what Vivec did after he lost his divinity. That entire part of lore is a "Wtf!?". Then take a look at how Akatosh suddenly popped up at the end of Oblivion and banished Mehrunes Dagon.
The Warp in the West seems logical in comparrison to bring back Tiber Septim from the "dead" IMO. Mainly because Tiber Septim is a part of the entity known as Talos and bringing him back from "death" doesn't sound possible. Even if he had a dragon soul. I could be wrong, but still, it seems very farfetched.
Jade

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Whether or not the Empire is dead (IMHO) depends entirely upon if the Empire gets it's balls back and decides to actually stand-up and say "No." to the Thalmor.

If they did that, then I pretty much guarantee that at least the Nords would give them enough respect to be willing to fight alongside them again.
agreed
Naazhe Perezz

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:55 am

Plus Tiber didn't achieve CHIM. That was Talos the god. And in skyrim, we will NEVER forsake our mightiest h-...oops got off on a tangent there.

Anyways, CHIM users don't need to be "alive" per sense to use CHIM. Talos can show up whenever he wants.(Wulf from Morrowind) The nature of Chim tends to discourage interference with Mundus though.(Why would you start fighting yourself after all?)
emily grieve

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:15 pm

The Warp in the West seems logical in comparrison to bring back Tiber Septim from the "dead" IMO. Mainly because Tiber Septim is a part of the entity known as Talos and bringing him back from "death" doesn't sound possible. Even if he had a dragon soul. I could be wrong, but still, it seems very farfetched.

Lol, yeah. I was just throwing around one of my crazy possibility theories. Would be hilarious though if it actually happened. Would be quite ironic for the Thalmor trying to stomp out worship of Talos and proclaim he was just a man, when Tiber Septim suddenly pops up and goes "Oh yeah?" then wipes them out of existence.
Jani Eayon

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:44 pm

Hi there valchist!
i have been on the fence on civil war for a long time. i loved the empire but the empire was theTiber Septim blood line and without them it is slowly dieing do you think Uriel Septim VII would have gave up hammerfell and abandoned the blades no. the Aldmeri Dominion would not have accpeated The White-Gold Concordatif they were as close to wining as everone seems to think. nether side could contue the war but the empire should never under any circumstances alowed a foreign power to imprision and torturer citizens of the empire.that bening said i do not like Ulfric i think he is in for the the power and he is raceist. however he does not say how high ever time the Aldmeri Dominion say jump. he is the last chance at a powerful force to stand against the Dominion. ps plz forgive the spelling and gramer mistakes thank u :biggrin:
I always get this uneasy feeling whenever someone speculates about fictional characters or events beyond what's already been stated by the author. In the case of Skyrim, it is clear Beth made an overt attempt to grey matters up, so that no side was perceived as purely good. This said, every indication is that the Empire is dysfunctional. Look at the state of the roads. They can't even manage to maintain their own forts. There's wild beasts roaming around freely just outside major cities. All in all, Skyrim's people suffer all the downsides of living under an oppressive regime without any of the benefits. For now, I'd support the Stormcloaks, even if I might attempt to overthrow them later.
Dominic Vaughan

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:34 pm

Dunno if the empire is dead, but they do have to start looking for a new emperor :D
James Wilson

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:04 pm

The main reason i support the stormcloaks is because i prefer the septim empire to the POS mede empire and i have no intention of ever supporting the mede's as they are and will never be the true heir to the throne i don't care what anyone says.
Vicky Keeler

Next

Return to V - Skyrim