The Hero of Kvatch vs Dragonborn

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:36 pm

Uh, Sheogorath could turn the Dragonborn into a pumpkin.

That's actually another really good point.

CoC has immunity to Wabbajack, Dovahkiin does NOT. Dovahkiin can literally be turned into a skeever and killed.
Causon-Chambers

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:04 pm

CoC all the way. u cant killt a god unless your kratos and thats a totally different story. dragon born would not defeat sheogorath. i mean the dragon born couldnt leave his realm in skryim unless he finished the quests. if he wanted to sheogorath aka the CoC, could have never let the dragon born go. but he was having too much fun wit pelegias the mad.da dragon born was luck sheogorath was occupied wit someone else at the time or alduin would have eaten the world.while sheogorath aka da champion of cyrodiil, would have the dragon born like a puppet on a string end of story.
OTTO

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:48 pm

the champion anyday, a deadric prince would beat a slayer of lesser aedra (if he took it seriously, this is the madgod we are talking about here)

(p.s. CoC became sheogorath when he took up his position, he mantled sheo just like tiber mounted shor)

edit: ad if we bring followers into the equations dovaboy is even more royally [censored], sheo has 3 armies at his disposal and could have another one made whenever he felt like it (his mortal follower [small but an army none-the-less], golden saints, dark seducers and that dunmer's creations [skinned hounds/flesh atronaches/bigger flesh atronaches that serve as guardians to the gates of madness]), he could also potentially have a rather large stable of hungers/other pets of his and he can tell the future (he kept jyggy's librarian who had the formula to predict the future with a good chance at success)
mimi_lys

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:10 am

(p.s. tiber mounted shor)

Bow chicka bow wow
Georgia Fullalove

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:58 pm

Dragonborn. He can shout.

/thread
Mandi Norton

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:01 am

From a gameplay standpoint I think the CoC would win, just because you can exploit spell making more in Oblivion than crafting in Skyrim. If we count the Nerevarine in I think MW was even more "exploitable".

Lore-wise we have to ask how do we measure power? The strongest enemy for the CoC was Jyggalag, for the Dovahkiin it's Alduin. Alduin is the World-Eater and can only be defeated by the Dragonborn, in every other case he would just om nom nom his enemy. Jyggy is a Daedric Prince who can only be banished, but Alduin could eat him... so the Dovahkiin killed the more dangerous enemy, I guess. The Nerevarine deafeated a very weak apsect of Hercine and killed two self-made gods, whose "powers" can't really be compared since they were stolen from the Heart of Lorkhan.

Although I don't know why any of the TES 4 and 5 heroes should fight each other. The CoC is the god of crazyness, the Dragonborn fights dragons by yelling at them really loud, I think they would be great buddies.
loste juliana

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:40 pm

From a gameplay standpoint I think the CoC would win, just because you can exploit spell making more in Oblivion than crafting in Skyrim. If we count the Nerevarine in I think MW was even more "exploitable".

Lore-wise we have to ask how do we measure power? The strongest enemy for the CoC was Jyggalag, for the Dovahkiin it's Alduin. Alduin is the World-Eater and can only be defeated by the Dragonborn, in every other case he would just om nom nom his enemy. Jyggy is a Daedric Prince who can only be banished, but Alduin could eat him... so the Dovahkiin killed the more dangerous enemy, I guess. The Nerevarine deafeated a very weak apsect of Hercine and killed two self-made gods, whose "powers" can't really be compared since they were stolen from the Heart of Lorkhan.

Although I don't know why any of the TES 4 and 5 heroes should fight each other. The CoC is the god of crazyness, the Dragonborn fights dragons by yelling at them really loud, I think they would be great buddies.

Not really a fair comparrison. Alduin could only be beaten by a Dragonborn. That doesn't make the Dovahkin more powerful, after all he did use Dragonrend to weaken Alduin to a new level first. We also don't know the relative power Alduin had then and the power he had when eating the world, so that's kinda a horrible comparisson in my mind.

Anyway the thing is if you look at it quite simply then the CoC wil win because he's a Daedric prince, if you ignore that then none of them is automatically more powerful then any other. It depends on the skills learned.
Chica Cheve

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:22 am

Oh dear lord another one of THESE threads.
willow

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:44 pm

Not really a fair comparrison. Alduin could only be beaten by a Dragonborn. That doesn't make the Dovahkin more powerful, after all he did use Dragonrend to weaken Alduin to a new level first. We also don't know the relative power Alduin had then and the power he had when eating the world, so that's kinda a horrible comparisson in my mind.

Anyway the thing is if you look at it quite simply then the CoC wil win because he's a Daedric prince, if you ignore that then none of them is automatically more powerful then any other. It depends on the skills learned.
I said "if you compare by strongest enemy", because there is no standard procedure to declare someone's "power level". Lore-wise a Daedric prince can't be destroyed, since they are basically other "worlds". On the other hand there's no telling what the Dovahkiin actually is after he has devoured half the dragon population of the world. He didn't absorb Alduin, but he beat him, no Daedric prince managed that in the previous kalpas.

Honestly, my first guess would be the CoC wins because he is a god and Kratos doesn't exist whithin the TES universe to take care of such things. But we don't really know what the Dovahkiin is after he defeated Alduin.
Rachell Katherine

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:43 pm

There isn't anything remarkable about the Hero of Kvatch apart from having guts and skill. The agent was immune to magic, the Nervernarine was immune to diseases, poison, blight, and was ageless. The Dragonborn has the soul of a dragon and could use shouts on top of being just as skilled as the Hero of Kvatch.
Breanna Van Dijk

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:42 am

There isn't anything remarkable about the Hero of Kvatch apart from having guts and skill. The agent was immune to magic, the Nervernarine was immune to diseases, poison, blight, and was ageless. The Dragonborn has the soul of a dragon and could use shouts on top of being just as skilled as the Hero of Kvatch.
HoK is Sheogorath, i think that is more than remarkable
Nuno Castro

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:39 pm

Hero of Kvatch basically finished off two daedric princes and then became another one. I'm going with the Hero despite a close fight with the shouts
Richus Dude

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:21 am

Sheo V Dragonborn
Does this even need to be sk the god will win
Cameron Garrod

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:16 pm

Hero of Kvatch, because i dont like dragonborn.
Dean

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:09 am

We all seem to forget that Alduin cannot be killed by anyone, not even by a/the Dragonborn. Alduin can only be defeated, weakened and cast away somewhere in time - never truly killed, it's what the Nord heroes did during Dragon War, and it's what our protagonist does again - twice. Alduin may very well return one day again, as it is heavily implied in game. So the argument "Dragonborn killed Alduin the firstborn of Akatosh, therefore Dragonborn > CoC", is void.
stacy hamilton

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:34 pm

If we are talking post-Shivering Isles, then the Hero Of Kvatch because of the sheer amount of power Daedric Princes wield. If we are merely talking about at the end of the plot line, then it would most definitely be the Dragonborn.
Fluffer

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:12 pm

We all seem to forget that Alduin cannot be killed by anyone, not even by a/the Dragonborn. Alduin can only be defeated, weakened and cast away somewhere in time - never truly killed, it's what the Nord heroes did during Dragon War, and it's what our protagonist does again - twice. Alduin may very well return one day again, as it is heavily implied in game. So the argument "Dragonborn killed Alduin the firstborn of Akatosh, therefore Dragonborn > CoC", is void.
The heroes cast him forward in time with the Elder Scroll, not even a defeat. The dragonborn destroyed him, not the same thing. BUT then again the Greybeards doubt he will never return
Rachel Eloise Getoutofmyface

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:40 am

The Hero of Kvatch would win because he's the daedric prince Sheogorath, the Dragonborn is powerful, but he isn't that powerful
sarah

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:30 am

The heroes cast him forward in time with the Elder Scroll, not even a defeat. The dragonborn destroyed him, not the same thing. BUT then again the Greybeards doubt he will never return
Did your Dragonborn absorb Alduin's soul? Mine didn't.
He got the

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:45 pm

I would say that based on the fact that both characters would have access to the same things, save for shouts, the Dovahkiin would win, but the the Champion of Cyrodiil defeated the avatar of Akatosh. So the question would be, could Alduin beat the avatar of Akatosh?
Trista Jim

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:37 pm

We can talk about the confronatation of thoose two, only if DB becomes new Talos.
Cartoon

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:57 pm

I would say that based on the fact that both characters would have access to the same things, save for shouts, the Dovahkiin would win, but the the Champion of Cyrodiil defeated the avatar of Akatosh. So the question would be, could Alduin beat the avatar of Akatosh?
When did CoC fight Akatosh? I dont remember that
Ronald

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:53 am

The Champion didn't defeat the Avatar. (S)he helped Martin Septim, who transformed into the Avatar of Akatosh in order to cast back Mehrunes Dagon and end the Oblivion Crisis.
And I doubt it, considering Akatosh is Alduin's father.
Keeley Stevens

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:57 am

It depends on what the HoK is.

HoK Mage>Dragonborn>HoK Warrior
Tom Flanagan

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:29 am

Wait.. when did CoC beat the avatar of Akatosh? It has been a long time since I last touched Oblivion but I don't remember that at all.

We can talk about the confronatation of thoose two, only if DB becomes new Talos.
The Dovahkiin will probably suffer the same fate as the Nerevarine and the story and ends with "end then our hero went to another continent and never returned... or did he?". I think the whole Sheo bisuiness in SI was compensation for the fact that the CoC was basically just an innocent bystander the whole time. The Nerevarine [censored] slapped two gods, the Dovahkiin killed the World-Eater and the CoC was present when Martin turned into a flaming dragon and killed off Meruhnes, so the CoC was pretty much useless for TES hero standards.
Stephanie Valentine

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim