The Hero of Kvatch vs Dragonborn

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:53 am

Wait.. when did CoC beat the avatar of Akatosh? It has been a long time since I last touched Oblivion but I don't remember that at all.

When did CoC fight Akatosh? I dont remember that

Probably because it never happened :)
Big mike

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:38 am

The Champion didn't defeat the Avatar. (S)he helped Martin Septim, who transformed into the Avatar of Akatosh in order to cast back Mehrunes Dagon and end the Oblivion Crisis.
And I doubt it, considering Akatosh is Alduin's father.

Good point... shows how long it's been since I completed Oblivion, lol. Dovahkiin would win, in that case
Ella Loapaga

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:38 pm

The Dovahkiin will probably suffer the same fate as the Nerevarine and the story and ends with "end then our hero went to another continent and never returned... or did he?". I think the whole Sheo bisuiness in SI was compensation for the fact that the CoC was basically just an innocent bystander the whole time. The Nerevarine [censored] slapped two gods, the Dovahkiin killed the World-Eater and the CoC was present when Martin turned into a flaming dragon and killed off Meruhnes, so the CoC was pretty much useless for TES hero standards.

Maybe, maybe, but the last two known DB's become gods (Reman & Hjalti), considering Thalmor's plot to undo Talos, someone should become new God.
Cassie Boyle

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:52 am

Maybe, maybe, but the last two known DB's become gods (Reman & Hjalti), considering Thalmor's plot to undo Talos, someone should become new God.

Reman became a god???

Anyway the Thalmor want to undo Talos to remove Lorkhan from resistance which would basically break the foundations of Nirn apart, better yet they want to make it impossible for Lorkhan to ever return so there will be no new Nirn at a later stage outside of time.

The only way you could become a god then is by mantling Lorkhan, which would mean you would mantle Talos which would mean that you can't do it if the Thalmor succeed.
Donald Richards

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:41 am

Yeah, but Tiber Septim didn't dirctly mantled Lorkhan, becouse he was already gone.
Gaelle Courant

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:48 am

Was Reman a DB? Anyway, I do have to say that I am a "kind of" supporter of the DB = new Talos theory, simply because I support Ulfric (*hint" signature) mainly for the reason he is the way to strengthen Talos and therefore stopping the Thalmor, but considering how TES games usually "end" I can't really believe it myself.

No TES game since Morrowind has an real ending during the game, so everything we know of the hero is told in the next game. If this continues with Skyrim, which I believe, we will never ascend to godhood during the game called Skyrim. So TES 6 (hopefully subtitled "Black Marsh") will probably include some rumors à la "did you hear about that crazy person in the north?" where it's explained that the DB did something really awsome, which the player (!) already knows, and then vanished like the Nerevarine did. Of course Beth could include DB = Talos in TES6, but it would be strange to hear rumors like "oh btw, there is this old-new god up in the north".

And let's not forget that it's still not fully clear what exactly happened to the CoC. Is he really Sheo, was he Sheo all allong or did he even exist? As soon as you deal with Sheo there is no real "truth" anymore.
Mashystar

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:06 pm

When did CoC fight Akatosh? I dont remember that
Wait.. when did CoC beat the avatar of Akatosh? It has been a long time since I last touched Oblivion but I don't remember that at all.

Nah, my bad. I completely forgot that he only helped Martin Septim; who, according to the wiki, was also a Dragonborn.
Trish

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:59 am

Was Reman a DB? Anyway, I do have to say that I am a "kind of" supporter of the DB = new Talos theory, simply because I support Ulfric (*hint" signature) mainly for the reason he is the way to strengthen Talos and therefore stopping the Thalmor, but considering how TES games usually "end" I can't really believe it myself.

No TES game since Morrowind has an real ending during the game, so everything we know of the hero is told in the next game. If this continues with Skyrim, which I believe, we will never ascend to godhood during the game called Skyrim. So TES 6 (hopefully subtitled "Black Marsh") will probably include some rumors à la "did you hear about that crazy person in the north?" where it's explained that the DB did something really awsome, which the player (!) already knows, and then vanished like the Nerevarine did. Of course Beth could include DB = Talos in TES6, but it would be strange to hear rumors like "oh btw, there is this old-new god up in the north".

And let's not forget that it's still not fully clear what exactly happened to the CoC. Is he really Sheo, was he Sheo all allong or did he even exist? As soon as you deal with Sheo there is no real "truth" anymore.

If Reman wouldn't be DB, the Akaviri would never join him.
RAww DInsaww

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:52 pm

Yeah, but Tiber Septim didn't dirctly mantled Lorkhan, becouse he was already gone.

No he pretty much did... Walk like them until they walk like you. Tiber his story in the Arcturian heresy resembles that in the most common of the the creation myths.

Oh yeah Reman was definitely a DB, but I still don't see how he became a god...
Christina Trayler

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:13 am

Atleast he is considered a god by Imperials.
Micah Judaeah

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 9:39 pm

Nah, my bad. I completely forgot that he only helped Martin Septim; who, according to the wiki, was also a Dragonborn.
Martin was of "Dragonblood", which ran in the Septim bloodline since Tiber Septim who was Dragonborn, or Hjalti was... or whatever his real identity is.
I thought this wasn't clear, but it makes sense.
Robert Jackson

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:28 am

Atleast he is considered a god by Imperials.

Where are you getting this from?

Martin was of "Dragonblood", which ran in the Septim bloodline since Tiber Septim who was Dragonborn, or Hjalti was... or whatever his real identity is.

Martin isn't directly related to Tiber... He's related to Tiber his dad though.

Still Martin was dragonborn.
Len swann

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:20 pm

Lets see, god vs mortal that can shout wonder who would win?
Well, we don't know how the story of Dragonborn will turn out. He might become a god in some future DLC.

As of now I think DB would win in an open battle, but Sheo can drive him crazy over time.
Mr. Allen

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:15 am

Dragonborn scarcely exist, and it is rare for more than one to appear within an era. They can belong to any race or gender, since the Dragon blood is a "gift" bestowed to certain mortals favored by the gods.

source - http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragonborn
the Septims were the Dragonborn line of Emperors

Source - http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Martin_Septim
Da Missz

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:14 am

He doesn't. At the end of then Shivering Isles, he assumes the position of Sheogorath, a Daedric Prince. However, he doesn't have the full powers of a prince, and there's a big difference between Daedric Prince and God.

So he is more like a demi-God.
Lauren Dale

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 7:59 pm

So he is more like a demi-God.

Yeah, pretty much. He has a lot more power in the Shivering Isles - control over the weather, 'Sheogoraths Protection', legions of Dark Seducers and Golden Saints, the ability to summon a Saint/Seducer etc.
I daresay that, after his death as a mortal, he became a 'proper' Daedric Prince, but for balance reasons, he didn't during the events of Oblivion.
Laura Samson

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 4:29 am

Luck statistic vs no luck statistic. All you need is to get lucky. ;)
M!KkI

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 8:22 pm

http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Dragonborn
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Martin_Septim
I wouldn't use the TES wiki for lore stuff, it's really unreliable. Since Tiber there wasn't a confirmed Dragonborn with similar powers, the entity "Dovahkiin" was invented for Skyrim and Tiber was confirmed as DB within Skyrim, not before. The Nerevarine was also called "Dragon born", but that referred to the fact that he was born in the Empire, possibly Cyrodiil, and not on Vvardenfell.

Martin isn't directly related to Tiber... He's related to Tiber his dad though.

Still Martin was dragonborn.
I have to confess I forgot much about the Septim line, but I'm pretty sure that every Septim except Tiber was supposed to be "Dragonblood" in order to bear the Amulet of Kings.
Shae Munro

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:58 am

I have to confess I forgot much about the Septim line, but I'm pretty sure that every Septim except Tiber was supposed to be "Dragonblood" in order to bear the Amulet of Kings.

There the same thing though. It's kinda annoying because it makes a lot of Emperors that lit the dragonfires suddenly a magical being blessed by Akatosh, but that's the way it is. All of the Emperors that ever ruled over White-Gold and that managed to light the dragonfires were of dragonblood and thus dragonborn.

If they were born with the power or not is an entirely different discussion.
Jonathan Windmon

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:11 am

There the same thing though. It's kinda annoying because it makes a lot of Emperors that lit the dragonfires suddenly a magical being blessed by Akatosh, but that's the way it is. All of the Emperors that ever ruled over White-Gold and that managed to light the dragonfires were of dragonblood and thus dragonborn.

If they were born with the power or not is an entirely different discussion.
I thought the difference between the Dragonborn and Dragonblood was the soul. The Dovahkiin is basically a dragon trapped in a human body (i.e. dragon soul) while Dragonbloods are just related to one of those Dragonborns. This wouldn't make the Emperors really magical beeings and more people with a strange birth defect.
Rude Gurl

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:48 am

I guess if I was comparing the two from the point in the story where you save kvatch against the dragonborn I guess I gotta say I felt more bada$$ as the dragonborn but that's just me
Lucky Girl

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 12:43 am

I thought the difference between the Dragonborn and Dragonblood was the soul. The Dovahkiin is basically a dragon trapped in a human body (i.e. dragon soul) while Dragonbloods are just related to one of those Dragonborns. This wouldn't make the Emperors really magical beeings and more people with a strange birth defect.

Common assumption but not true.

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/book-dragonborn.
Alycia Leann grace

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 10:24 pm

Common assumption but not true.

http://www.imperial-library.info/content/book-dragonborn.
Ah great, so the Emperors were magical entities after all, I hate retcons. Well, I guess there's a t least one more reason for our Dovahkiin to walk like Talos/Tiber/Hjalti/whatever his name really was and mantle him. I could swear the whole thing was explained differently in Oblivion, but then again, who gives a crap about OB.
RUby DIaz

Post » Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:50 am

ops
aisha jamil

Post » Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:49 pm

Ah great, so the Emperors were magical entities after all, I hate retcons. Well, I guess there's a t least one more reason for our Dovahkiin to walk like Talos/Tiber/Hjalti/whatever his name really was and mantle him. I could swear the whole thing was explained differently in Oblivion, but then again, who gives a crap about OB.

In Oblivion dragonborns weren't what they are now. Bethesda had to find a way to make everything work with the new and improved Dragonborns... It's because of the same change that there is suddenly doubts about the Nerevarine being an incarnate of Nerevar or a Shezzarine, I'm still going with the first option though.

That happens when you develop games and stories in a changing world.
Nathan Risch

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim