AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview Driver (RAGEBF3 Unified Driver)

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 11:53 am

i got to say that new drivers got rid of 99% of all the bugs in my system. the only time I see a bug is when sometimes I talk to some1 and I have to accept the mission or not. Another thing the rendering got almost fixed. I still get very small portions that still need rendering when I turn my back fast I see them.
Bonnie Clyde

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 2:11 pm

Like really how hard is it to make a [censored] driver like wtf man

I doubt its the driver. I have literally dozens of other games released in the last 6 months and this one is the only one with problems with drivers. Like Id didn't have these drivers to test with? Good grief John!
Elle H

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 4:11 pm

I doubt its the driver. I have literally dozens of other games released in the last 6 months and this one is the only one with problems with drivers. Like Id didn't have these drivers to test with? Good grief John!

id Didnt have these drivers when the game was still in demo or finished production. most drivers that get released even in beta are in far shorter term beta states then large software like video games. im not sure what nvidia's driver number was, though they release one driver every few months fixing a lot of bugs and adding performance while ATi/AMD grabs a cluster and releases a driver and CAP Updates every few weeks to a month, but by the time the game hits shelves 1-2 months of Disc printing has gone by after the product is finished at the same time The new drivers are obviously not fully tested with the product thats already hit shelves EVEN with Digital ones which in RAGE's case its digit either way even if you bought it through steam or retail.

I really dont expect todays Current Generation Gaming community to know how the Development world works. There is a process to everything. Just because one game glitches out doesnt mean oh the game is poorly coded and crap. Why dont you try to code a game and make it compatible with several dozen other pieces of software while the other company's like Video Driver developers trying to code in their own buildings across the world or country and make their drivers compatible with your game.

There is no respect for the Gaming World anymore and its the Consumer to blame.
John N

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 6:23 pm

id Didnt have these drivers when the game was still in demo or finished production. most drivers that get released even in beta are in far shorter term beta states then large software like video games. im not sure what nvidia's driver number was, though they release one driver every few months fixing a lot of bugs and adding performance while ATi/AMD grabs a cluster and releases a driver and CAP Updates every few weeks to a month, but by the time the game hits shelves 1-2 months of Disc printing has gone by after the product is finished at the same time The new drivers are obviously not fully tested with the product thats already hit shelves EVEN with Digital ones which in RAGE's case its digit either way even if you bought it through steam or retail.

I really dont expect todays Current Generation Gaming community to know how the Development world works. There is a process to everything. Just because one game glitches out doesnt mean oh the game is poorly coded and crap. Why dont you try to code a game and make it compatible with several dozen other pieces of software while the other company's like Video Driver developers trying to code in their own buildings across the world or country and make their drivers compatible with your game.

There is no respect for the Gaming World anymore and its the Consumer to blame.

You're close. What actually happened is this:

John Carmack is a really smart graphics programmer. He's so smart, in fact, that he realized that nVidia's and AMD's OpenGL drivers were horribly out of date. OpenGL releases a new white paper every once a year or so and driver vendors are expected to keep up by implementing new features and extensions. nVidia and AMD (especially AMD) let their drivers grow stale since so few games use OpenGL. As a result, Carmack was forced to implement his own drivers so that his team could complete Rage. The understanding Carmack had with GPU makers is that the vendor drivers would be updated and introduced before Rage was released to the market. Now, Rage comes to be released and - surprise, surprise - the drivers still aren't ready. This hasn't been so much of a problem for nVidia, but it's been a huge problem with AMD, who typically is known for crap driver implementations. So now Carmack realized his mistake and is implementing workarounds for the lacking drivers.

It's still a p1$s poor way to do it, but it's one way to do it. A better choice would have been to delay the game on the PC and wait for the vendors to release a proper driver - or! - release the internal driver with the game. id definitely mishandled this game's launch.
His Bella

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 2:30 am

With the patch today ......I am starting to get it more stable now w/ way less lock ups but still testing and playing w/ video card settings in game and in CCC. I also did some reading http://forums.bethso...rage-pc-update/ and found this small tip ..... To change the Windows paging file management how to .... lol Doh came to mind. Anyway I did what they said and my lock ups came way less. < by lock up I am saying I could not move for a few seconds. > I still get them but are over faster and seem to come less often ,Still testing this lol.
With my video card and Rage I am not sure how to set it all up in CCC :brokencomputer: I have done way to much reading since RAGE came out like all of you. So for now I am sick to death of reading up on this . I am just playing w/ the setting in CCC to see if I can get it more stable. Will read more in a few if I don't get it good to go. If anyone knows good settings w/ my video card let me know :wink_smile:

My box is:
i7 CPU 975
6 gigs ddr 3 ram 1600MHz
Radeon HD 6990 vid card 4 GB
Screen res is 5896 X 1080 <----- samsung MD230x3 monitor
win 7 ultimate 64bit
Sabertooth x58 m/b
Laura Tempel

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 1:18 am

You're close. What actually happened is this:

John Carmack is a really smart graphics programmer. He's so smart, in fact, that he realized that nVidia's and AMD's OpenGL drivers were horribly out of date. OpenGL releases a new white paper every once a year or so and driver vendors are expected to keep up by implementing new features and extensions. nVidia and AMD (especially AMD) let their drivers grow stale since so few games use OpenGL. As a result, Carmack was forced to implement his own drivers so that his team could complete Rage. The understanding Carmack had with GPU makers is that the vendor drivers would be updated and introduced before Rage was released to the market. Now, Rage comes to be released and - surprise, surprise - the drivers still aren't ready. This hasn't been so much of a problem for nVidia, but it's been a huge problem with AMD, who typically is known for crap driver implementations. So now Carmack realized his mistake and is implementing workarounds for the lacking drivers.

It's still a p1$s poor way to do it, but it's one way to do it. A better choice would have been to delay the game on the PC and wait for the vendors to release a proper driver - or! - release the internal driver with the game. id definitely mishandled this game's launch.

Yeah, you're right on the money with this post. It's not ALL Carmack's fault. Even so, I am pissed off with id.
jessica robson

Previous

Return to Othor Games