AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview Driver (RAGEBF3 Unified Driver)

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 2:48 am

Reminder: if you continue experiencing issues or want to report improvements,

Make sure to

1.Post your specs
2. Post your display resolution
3. Post whether you are using any additional tweaks in Steam launch options or rageconfig.cfg file
4. Post your Catalyst Control Center settings

http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU122AMDCat1110PreDriverV2.aspx

AMD Catalyst? 11.10 Preview Driver Features:
  • Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on the AMD Radeon? HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series for single GPU configurations.
  • Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on AMD CrossFire? configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
  • Improves performance in Rage on single GPU and AMD CrossFire configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000, AMD Radeon HD 5000 Series and AMD Radeon HD 4000 series of products.
  • Resolves intermittent crashing seen loading levels in Rage
  • Resolves flickering of NPCs in Rage
  • Enables automatic Vsync for Rage
  • Enables support for AMD Eyefinity 5x1 display (portrait and landscape) configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
  • AMD Vision Engine Control Center: User Interface enhancements have been implemented for the AMD CrossfireX?, GPU AMD Overdrive? and Information Center pages.

Instructions:
Download and install the Driver from the following location:

For detailed instructions on how to install the drivers, refer to:
  • http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GraphicsDriverInstallationInstructionforMicrosoftWindows7.aspxfor a Windows 7 based system
  • http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU-1-ATICatalystSuiteDriverWV.aspxfor a Windows Vista based system
  • http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU-2-ATICatalystSuiteDriverXP.aspxfor a Windows XP based system
Tracey Duncan

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 7:38 pm

Amen.

Let's hope it works! :D

Here's a question to go along with this. . . as I am not that technical, would this new driver be used WITH the creation of a rageconfig file? Or should one remove the rageconfig file and run the game with just this driver installed?
Micah Judaeah

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 1:23 pm

Thanks, but 3 hour download? xP

Here's a question to go along with this. . . as I am not that technical, would this new driver be used WITH the creation of a rageconfig file? Or should one remove the rageconfig file and run the game with just this driver installed?

Whatever way works best.
luke trodden

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 7:04 pm

Whatever way works best.

Thanks, I didn't want to do anything that may create additional conflicts. I suppose I'll give it a go without first.

Now if only I weren't sitting at work thinking about doing this instead of being at home ACTUALLY doing this.

But hey, when I think about doing it. .. it works! haha
Alexandra Ryan

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 5:11 pm

3 hours? it's only ~150 mb. Only takes me 3 minutes :P

Also, this should be stickied.
Fiori Pra

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 1:42 am

Typical there is a issue the folks try every solution and result is slow download :hubbahubba:
Dominic Vaughan

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 12:42 pm

Typical there is a issue the folks try every solution and result is slow download :hubbahubba:

It's pretty fast for me (in Los Angeles). Download time took about 45 seconds.
Carlos Vazquez

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 7:16 pm

Too bad it doesn't really fix anything. Took all the launch options off and booted up the game and texture pop-in still exists. iD needs to fix this, not AMD.
katsomaya Sanchez

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 7:40 pm

Still got NPC flickering issue, grrrrrrrr.
Markie Mark

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 2:28 pm

5 minutes and my internet connection is... shocking
Brooks Hardison

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 12:00 am

I think it is better to try them separately first to see what kind of improvement or effect there is.
Isabel Ruiz

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 12:33 pm

Ha, that makes me think of the old saying "If I freely gave you a gold brick you would complain about how heavy it is"

Good times.
Kari Depp

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 12:16 am

I still have a bit of NPC flicker/artifacting but it is improved. As in not so many NPC's flicker.
yermom

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 2:54 am

Downloading now. I'll be back if I have problems ...

:flamethrower:
Michael Korkia

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 7:14 pm

No change at all. What a waste of time.
Alyesha Neufeld

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 1:03 pm

My game now stutters in Wellspring. I will take off the config file and try again. Should I remove the console commands as well?
Davorah Katz

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 2:36 am

Will this just overwrite the old RAGE driver, or do we need to uninstall everything first, seeing as how this is a Catalyst update?
Kelsey Anna Farley

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 2:41 am

not support for HD 3xxx series ?
Ashley Tamen

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 1:37 am

My game now stutters in Wellspring. I will take off the config file and try again. Should I remove the console commands as well?

Save the file then try without it.
Anne marie

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 10:45 pm

Hi
The game for me was a truble since the beginning. I got to the menu than got to video settings and set Antialiasing from none to 8x than the screen gone totally BLACK but behind black I listen that while moving mouse the menu was reacting and menu audio was not blocked so i Ctrl+Alt+Del to get to windows and see if it was not stuck really. Rage was not stuck, so I not manually quitted and reclicked on the game and it was back again to normal. I started the game and out of the Shuttle Cell where all started as fast as I moved the mouse as fast texture where popping with an incredible delay. No stuttering and all went smooth apart from texture popping. There was no way to play. So I'm back here.

I just finished to download the new driver V2 for Windows Vista 32 bit SP2 from the Ati website as mentioned on the lin you posted.
I am going to follow the instruction and install new dirvers on my system:

ATI Sapphire HD 4850 1GB GDDR3.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi-AP Edition
4 GB DDR2-800 Corsair
240 GB standard Sata 2 HD from Samsung on Raid Mirror with same Samsung HD.

I am back to you as far as driver V2 are installed.
So I am seriously disappointed... New drivers are working worst than before. SO the main video when game start works as good as before but when i get to the Cell all game is running with 15 seconds delay between 5 or 7 seconds of game frames than I see that the main problem: texture popping is still there... Seriously disappointed.
What was driving me crazy was that to get out of the game without ctrl+alt+canc took about 3 minutes because there was no control on mouse or keyboard and I had to sync mouse movements to gain the object on screen and find the way to get back to main menu than the way to click on quit than the way to click yes, out from this shame game.

So I am finding my way to upload on my community account the shame you create with 2 videos of the disappointing 10 minutes with this never betatested game. You at id software and Bethesda should feel ashamed and say sorry and work as hard as you can to climb up from the deep [censored] in where you are now swimming with your customers. Remember we paid 60 euros for this [censored] code. You at id where nemed to be the best game code writer but in this case you made a mess.
WAS THIS GAME MADE TO RUN YOUR CUSTOMER IN RAGE?
Sanctum

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 11:36 am

Will this just overwrite the old RAGE driver, or do we need to uninstall everything first, seeing as how this is a Catalyst update?

Always express uninstall AMD/ATI drivers from control panel - uninstall/remove program - AMD catalyst install manager.

always uninstall any current driver when installing a new one.
Mark Churchman

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 3:04 pm

Fixed everything for me, except little bit noticeable texture pop-in. Config deleted and default CCC settings. Gonna try to use it with a custom config. Still freezes with AI turned on though.

E8400 @ 3.0 GHz
2 GB Ram
HD4870 512mb
Win 7 32-bit
sexy zara

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 12:59 pm

Always express uninstall AMD/ATI drivers from control panel - uninstall/remove program - AMD catalyst install manager.

always uninstall any current driver when installing a new one.

I've never done that when installing a Catalyst update. :mellow:

Maybe I should start...
SHAWNNA-KAY

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 1:37 am

No change at all. What a waste of time.

This. All of my issues still persist.
Brian LeHury

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 4:28 pm

After uninstalling the old drivers and installing the new drivers, its like night and day. ALL issues have been resolved including Loading Screen crashes, especially Sewers and Mutant Bash TV. There have also been massive improvements graphically.

Admittedly, I am still using the Cache and Rageconfig.cfg 'hacks'. I've fiddled with many different rageconfig.cfg and the one below works best for my system.

Here is my Rageconfig.cfg:

seta com_videoRam  1024  //sets the Video Card memory Set this to the amount you have in MBseta image_anisotropy  4  //Using the highest setting here but you can set as 2, 4 or 8seta image_usecompression 0 seta image_filter  GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR  //filtering for light mapsseta image_preload  1  //Use preload images when ever possibleseta image_lodbias  -1  //LoD settingsseta image_ignoreHighQuality  0  //Sets up for using HQ gfxseta image_ignoreLowQuality  1  //ignores the low texturesseta image_useCache  1  //Enabled Cache to allow the textures to load properly without poppingseta image_cacheMegs  250  //Cache size in Megabytesseta image_cacheMinK  100  //Cache minimum size in kilobytesseta r_useHighQualityPostProcess  1  //Fore High Quality post proccessingseta r_shadowsHighQuality  1  //Fore High Quality shadows seta r_displayRefresh  0  //keep it so the engine doesn't double render a frameseta r_renderer  best  //highest rendering optionsseta r_multiSamples  32  //Max Multi-samplingseta r_useHBAO  1 seta r_useRenderThread  1  //Disable or enable threaded renderingseta r_visDistMult  1 seta r_useMotionBlur  1  //use blurseta r_skipBump  0  seta r_skipSpecular  0 seta r_skipNewAmbient  0 seta r_shadows  1 seta r_cgFragmentProfile  best seta r_cgVertexProfile  best seta vt_lodBias  -1  //LoD settingsseta vt_maxPPF 16 //below is cache settingsseta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly2  8192 seta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly  8192 seta vt_pageimagesizeunique  8192seta vt_pageimagesizevmtr  8192 

My System Specs:

CPU: AMD 955 BE 3.2 gHz
RAM: 12Gb G-Skill
GPU: Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X 1Gb
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (1080p)
Using Steam Command Line: +fs_cachepath "C:\Users\*UName*\AppData\Local\id software\rage" +r_swapInterval 1
CCC:
AA: Use Application and Morphilogical filtering checked
Anistropic: Use Application settings checked
Tessilation: AMD Optimized
Catalyst A.I. on HQ with Enable Surface Format Optimization checked
MipMap: Quality
V-Sync: Always On
Anti-Aliasing: Quality
Triple Buffering: Checked

Issue: Spider Bots artifact initially, but quickly corrects.

Edit: Woops, seems there is an issue with Spider Bots, there are some artifacts. But they seems to settle down fairly quickly.
Edit2: In responce to post 55
naana

Next

Return to Othor Games