AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview Driver (RAGEBF3 Unified Driver)

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 10:19 pm

drivers don't work still
1)still see little grid lines everywhere/the grid lines far off are blue/all npcs have grid lines on them down the middle of there faces and across the cheeks
2) looks like black tiles off in the distances that pop in the closer you get to them

The lines are caused by using more than 4x AF. 4x is the max the engine can handle so make sure you don't force higher in the control panel.
Make sure you leave catalyst AI on as disabling will corrupt the textures.
Céline Rémy

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 2:43 pm

I could run the game okay with the original 11.9 drivers (lots of rageconfig.cfg and location line tweaks but still). With the 11.10 Beta drivers no matter what settings I try I can't get rid of the ridiculous stuttering every 2-5 seconds...

Edit 1 - Well with the rageconfig.cfg and launch options I am running now I can either stutter every 2-5 seconds or turn off Catalyst AI and have horrible texture glitching.

AMD Phenom II X2 550 @ 4.0
4 GB DDR3 1600
MSI 5770 1GB
Danii Brown

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 3:43 pm

I assume you are using a dual core CPU, right?

Keep Catalyst A.I. turned on, but try adjusting your Steam launch options for dual core CPU tweak as follows:

Right click on RAGE in Steam library, select properties -> launch options -> type this:

+vt_maxppf 16

if that doesn't work try

+vt_maxppf 8

or

+vt_maxppf 32

I got Quad-Core, but maxppf ain't helping with freezes :) The only thing that worked, was turning Rages compatibility on win98/me, but it made huge fps drop.
Emmie Cate

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 4:16 pm

i agree the 16 dose help but every 7-10 steps i take it freezes for a sec then back too normal
Harry-James Payne

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 1:07 pm

Its a nice improvement. Still get occasional freeze ups and NPC flickering issues in Wellsprings. I haven't gotten any further than that so we'll see if it gets any worse. Its certainly better than it was but there is definitely room for improvement. I wonder if uninstalling the previous drivers before installing the new ones gets rid of the freeze ups and flickering..
Alyce Argabright

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 1:20 pm

I assume you are using a dual core CPU, right?

Keep Catalyst A.I. turned on, but try adjusting your Steam launch options for dual core CPU tweak as follows:

Right click on RAGE in Steam library, select properties -> launch options -> type this:

+vt_maxppf 16

if that doesn't work try

+vt_maxppf 8

or

+vt_maxppf 32

I have AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor at 3.3GHz , I tried all of them and game still freezes whenever AI is on , I want to inform you about this though , On 11.6 ATI drivers , without using any config or command lines , the game worked fine with AI on or off , (By Fine i mean the usual textures pop in ofc but nothing of the effects i get when AI is off on the latest drivers) But the game was running on 15-25 FPS on that driver , Anyways Can you suggest anything else to do? I am desperate to playing to AI on with current drivers.
Lou

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 7:33 pm

I got Quad-Core, but maxppf ain't helping with freezes :)

Check if anything else is using your CPU. Also, is Rage taking all your CPU even on the title screen/main menu?
Stephanie Kemp

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 1:07 pm

Check if anything else is using your CPU. Also, is Rage taking all your CPU even on the title screen/main menu?

Nothing is using my CPU and Yes its 100% while in main menu , Any help?
Anna S

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 11:32 am

I have AMD Athlon II X2 250 Processor at 3.3GHz , I tried all of them and game still freezes whenever AI is on , I want to inform you about this though , On 11.6 ATI drivers , without using any config or command lines , the game worked fine with AI on or off , (By Fine i mean the usual textures pop in ofc but nothing of the effects i get when AI is off on the latest drivers) But the game was running on 15-25 FPS on that driver , Anyways Can you suggest anything else to do? I am desperate to playing to AI on with current drivers.

did you try FusedCore's cfg file tweaks for low end systems?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2156747

//Low-end Config By FusedCoreseta com_videoRam "1024" //sets the Video Card memory Set this to the amount you have in MBseta com_maxfps "60" //limits the frames to 60 can be changed to what you desireseta image_anisotropy "2" //Using the highest setting here but you can set as 2, 4 or 8seta image_usecompression 0 seta image_filter "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"seta image_blend "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"seta image_preload "1" //Use preload images when ever possibleseta image_lodbias "-1" //LoD settingsseta image_ignoreHighQuality "1" //Sets up for using HQ gfxseta image_ignoreLowQuality "0" //ignores the low texturesseta image_useCache "1" //Enabled Cache to allow the textures to load properly without poppingseta image_cacheMegs "1024" //Cache size in Megabytesseta image_cacheMinK "10" //Cache minimum size in kilobytesseta r_aspectRatio "2"  // 0=4:3, 1=16:9, 2=16:10, 3=5:4 TFT, -1 customseta r_fullscreen "1"//seta r_customAspectRatioV "10"//seta r_customAspectRatioH "16"seta r_swapInterval 1 //VSYNC 1 enabled, 0 diabledseta r_useHighQualityPostProcess "1" //Fore High Quality post proccessingseta r_shadowsHighQuality "0" //Fore High Quality shadows seta r_displayRefresh "0" //keep it so the engine doesn't double render a frameseta r_renderer "best" //highest rendering optionsseta r_multiSamples "8" //Set this to 16 or 8 if you're having low-fps as 32 is the Max Multi-samplingseta r_useHBAO "0" //Ambient occlusionseta r_useRenderThread "0" // 0 Disable or 1 Enable threaded rendering  useful for newer cards to increase performance.seta r_visDistMult "1"seta r_useMotionBlur "0" //use blurseta r_skipBump "0" seta r_skipSpecular "0"seta r_skipNewAmbient "0"seta r_shadows "0"seta r_cgFragmentProfile "best"seta r_cgVertexProfile "best"seta vt_lodBias "-1" //LoD settings//below is cache settings And advanced GFX settingsseta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly2 "4096"seta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly "4096"seta vt_pageimagesizeunique "4096"seta vt_pageimagesizevmtr "4096"//seta vt_maxPPF 8 //Set this to 64 for Quad-cores CPU's or higher, 16 or 8 for dual-cores CPU'sseta vt_preload "1"//Begin Advanced GFX Filtering and Sharper Images. Comment these 3 lines out if you are having issues or don't like the way it looks.//seta vt_filter "GL_NEAREST, GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_LINEAR"//seta vt_envf "GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_MODULATE"//seta vt_blend "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"//End of Advanced Filtering.seta vt_useCache "1"seta vt_cacheMegs "1024"seta vt_cacheMinK "10"seta vt_ignoreHighQuality "1"seta vt_ignoreLowQuality "0"//seta vt_maxaniso 2 //Set this to 0 if your having lots screen tarring issues and do NOT set this higher then 4 otherwise it will corrupt the Mega-Textures
Siidney

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 11:47 pm

Here - http://imageshack.us/f/833/asdasfgc.jpg/.
Yes it's same in menu screen.
Yvonne

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 4:46 pm

Nothing is using my CPU and Yes its 100% while in main menu , Any help?

No, but it confirms my theory that there's something very wrong, since it manages to use the full CPU already there. I've noticed Windows even marks the game as "Not responding" while it loads and freezes.
Matthew Aaron Evans

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Try turning on your Catalyst A.I.

(this setting: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/8613775/BGS/CatalystAISetting.jpg )

That seems to be the cause of the blocky tile artifacts. uncheck the "Disable Catalyst A.I." box and try either Standard or Advanced on the slider.

My menu doesnt look like that. For my Catalyst AI I can use the slider for "Texture Filtering Quality" with the options of "Performance" "Quality" or "HIgh Quality" and the box that can be checked is for "Enable Surface Format Optimization"
amhain

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 12:22 pm

Works so fine here.

HD6870
Phenom II X4 955
etc etc etc

But on Brink.... driver don't respond :(

PS CS5 crash too... when I use OGL
Dragonz Dancer

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 10:43 pm

did you try FusedCore's cfg file tweaks for low end systems?

http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2156747

//Low-end Config By FusedCoreseta com_videoRam "1024" //sets the Video Card memory Set this to the amount you have in MBseta com_maxfps "60" //limits the frames to 60 can be changed to what you desireseta image_anisotropy "2" //Using the highest setting here but you can set as 2, 4 or 8seta image_usecompression 0 seta image_filter "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"seta image_blend "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"seta image_preload "1" //Use preload images when ever possibleseta image_lodbias "-1" //LoD settingsseta image_ignoreHighQuality "1" //Sets up for using HQ gfxseta image_ignoreLowQuality "0" //ignores the low texturesseta image_useCache "1" //Enabled Cache to allow the textures to load properly without poppingseta image_cacheMegs "1024" //Cache size in Megabytesseta image_cacheMinK "10" //Cache minimum size in kilobytesseta r_aspectRatio "2"  // 0=4:3, 1=16:9, 2=16:10, 3=5:4 TFT, -1 customseta r_fullscreen "1"//seta r_customAspectRatioV "10"//seta r_customAspectRatioH "16"seta r_swapInterval 1 //VSYNC 1 enabled, 0 diabledseta r_useHighQualityPostProcess "1" //Fore High Quality post proccessingseta r_shadowsHighQuality "0" //Fore High Quality shadows seta r_displayRefresh "0" //keep it so the engine doesn't double render a frameseta r_renderer "best" //highest rendering optionsseta r_multiSamples "8" //Set this to 16 or 8 if you're having low-fps as 32 is the Max Multi-samplingseta r_useHBAO "0" //Ambient occlusionseta r_useRenderThread "0" // 0 Disable or 1 Enable threaded rendering  useful for newer cards to increase performance.seta r_visDistMult "1"seta r_useMotionBlur "0" //use blurseta r_skipBump "0" seta r_skipSpecular "0"seta r_skipNewAmbient "0"seta r_shadows "0"seta r_cgFragmentProfile "best"seta r_cgVertexProfile "best"seta vt_lodBias "-1" //LoD settings//below is cache settings And advanced GFX settingsseta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly2 "4096"seta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly "4096"seta vt_pageimagesizeunique "4096"seta vt_pageimagesizevmtr "4096"//seta vt_maxPPF 8 //Set this to 64 for Quad-cores CPU's or higher, 16 or 8 for dual-cores CPU'sseta vt_preload "1"//Begin Advanced GFX Filtering and Sharper Images. Comment these 3 lines out if you are having issues or don't like the way it looks.//seta vt_filter "GL_NEAREST, GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_LINEAR"//seta vt_envf "GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_MODULATE"//seta vt_blend "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"//End of Advanced Filtering.seta vt_useCache "1"seta vt_cacheMegs "1024"seta vt_cacheMinK "10"seta vt_ignoreHighQuality "1"seta vt_ignoreLowQuality "0"//seta vt_maxaniso 2 //Set this to 0 if your having lots screen tarring issues and do NOT set this higher then 4 otherwise it will corrupt the Mega-Textures

Thanks for trying to help me mate , But please bare with me:

I did try all of the configs by FusedCore and surprisingly they dont help with anything , They dont make the game better or worse, Only thing i notice is less loading time or more (Depending if low or high config)
If AI is on then the game will freeze alot whatever config file i am using or even if not using at all , If AI is off the game will run nice FPS but i still suffer texture pop-ins and the black squares everywhere.

May i inform you again that on the 11.6 Driver (Yes the one that with AI on the game did not freeze) If i keep AI on and use a config file (med or high) , The texture pop ins disappear and so with the black squares , only problem as stated above is the 15-25 FPS , I am hoping the devs will go back to the 11.6 driver and see exactly what makes AI works there , Anwyayz you have already helped me twice but do you have anything else to suggest?
[ becca ]

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 10:25 pm

Still having the same problem I was having before. My CPU usage stays at around 90% or above, and while in-game, my screen freezes for 3-4 seconds, then unfreezes for something like half a second, then freezes again. Textures still not properly loading either.

Graphics card: ATI 5770 card
CPU: Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E4400 @ 2.00GHz (2 CPUs)
Display resolution: 1440x900

I am not using any of the steam tweaks and my Catalyst Control Center is still set to default settings
FITTAS

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 1:53 am

Thanks for trying to help me mate , But please bare with me:

I did try all of the configs by FusedCore and surprisingly they dont help with anything , They dont make the game better or worse, Only thing i notice is less loading time or more (Depending if low or high config)
If AI is on then the game will freeze alot whatever config file i am using or even if not using at all , If AI is off the game will run nice FPS but i still suffer texture pop-ins and the black squares everywhere.

May i inform you again that on the 11.6 Driver (Yes the one that with AI on the game did not freeze) If i keep AI on and use a config file (med or high) , The texture pop ins disappear and so with the black squares , only problem as stated above is the 15-25 FPS , I am hoping the devs will go back to the 11.6 driver and see exactly what makes AI works there , Anwyayz you have already helped me twice but do you have anything else to suggest?

I'm all out of ideas, other than perhaps go back to the 11.6 driver and try a lower resolution, like 1680x1050 (one step below your current resolution) and turn off Anti Aliasing.

I don't like to reduce below native resolution, but ultimately I had to do it with Witcher 2 because the frame rates were like a slideshow for me.
Richard

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 3:04 am

I'm all out of ideas, other than perhaps go back to the 11.6 driver and try a lower resolution, like 1680x1050 (one step below your current resolution) and turn off Anti Aliasing.

Yea Alright , Just letting you know though , I just checked the "Getting the best performance out of RAGE" thread that was made an hour or so ago and using the +vt_pageImageSizeUnique 8192
+vt_pageImageSizeUniqueDiffuseOnly 8192 +vt_pageImageSizeUniqueDiffuseOnly2 8192 in launch options completely fixed my texture pop-in problems without reducing FPS , But the black texture boxes is still there due to me being forced to turn AI Off :(
So only thing standing between me and a smooth RAGE experience is the Catalyst AI problem , I hope it gets fixed in a patch or a driver later.
Leticia Hernandez

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 8:22 pm

Installed the new 11.10 update and now with catalyst AI turned ON I'm crashing to desktop when I try to run a saved game or start a new game. If I turn OFF catalyst AI the game runs with the "checkerboard" pattern of ugly textures.

System Specs:

AMD Phenom II X4 965
ATI Radeon HD 4890 1024mb
Windows XP

Catalyst settings:

AI turned on
Vertical refresh turned on
OpenGL triple buffering

Still no fixes after this driver update, haven't been able to get the game run in any playable state at all... :cry:
P PoLlo

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 12:56 pm

I just reverted back to the 11.9 drivers with no rage fixes, turned off Catalyst AI, running the following rageconfig.cfg by FusedCore,

//Mid-end Config By FusedCore
seta com_videoRam "1024" //sets the Video Card memory Set this to the amount you have in MB
seta com_maxfps "60" //limits the frames to 60 can be changed to what you desire
seta image_anisotropy "8" //Using the highest setting here but you can set as 2, 4 or 8
seta image_usecompression 0
seta image_filter "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"
seta image_blend "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"
seta image_preload "1" //Use preload images when ever possible
seta image_lodbias "-1" //LoD settings
seta image_ignoreHighQuality "0" //Sets up for using HQ gfx
seta image_ignoreLowQuality "1" //ignores the low textures
seta image_useCache "1" //Enabled Cache to allow the textures to load properly without popping
seta image_cacheMegs "1024" //Cache size in Megabytes
seta image_cacheMinK "10" //Cache minimum size in kilobytes
seta r_swapInterval 1 //VSYNC 1 enabled, 0 diabled
seta r_aspectRatio "2" // 0=4:3, 1=16:9, 2=16:10, 3=5:4 TFT, -1 custom
seta r_fullscreen "1"
//seta r_customAspectRatioV "10"
//seta r_customAspectRatioH "16"
seta r_useHighQualityPostProcess "1" //Fore High Quality post proccessing
seta r_shadowsHighQuality "1" //Fore High Quality shadows
seta r_displayRefresh "0" //keep it so the engine doesn't double render a frame
seta r_renderer "best" //highest rendering options
seta r_multiSamples "16" //Set this to 16 or 8 if you're having low-fps as 32 is the Max Multi-sampling
seta r_useHBAO "1" //Ambient occlusion
seta r_useRenderThread "0" // 0 Disable or 1 Enable threaded rendering useful for newer cards to increase performance.
seta r_visDistMult "1"
seta r_useMotionBlur "1" //use blur
seta r_skipBump "0"
seta r_skipSpecular "0"
seta r_skipNewAmbient "0"
seta r_shadows "1"
seta r_cgFragmentProfile "best"
seta r_cgVertexProfile "best"
seta vt_lodBias "-1" //LoD settings
//below is cache settings And advanced GFX settings
seta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly2 "8192"
seta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly "8192"
seta vt_pageimagesizeunique "8192"
seta vt_pageimagesizevmtr "8192"
seta vt_maxPPF 16 //Set this to 64 for Quad-cores CPU's or higher, 16 or 8 for dual-cores CPU's
seta vt_preload "1"
//Begin Advanced GFX Filtering and Sharper Images. Comment these 3 lines out if you are having issues or don't like the way it looks.
//seta vt_filter "GL_NEAREST, GL_NEAREST_MIPMAP_LINEAR"
seta vt_envf "GL_TEXTURE_ENV, GL_TEXTURE_ENV_MODE, GL_MODULATE"
seta vt_blend "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR"
//End of Advanced GFX Filtering.
seta vt_useCache "1"
seta vt_cacheMegs "1024"
seta vt_cacheMinK "10"
seta vt_ignoreHighQuality "0"
seta vt_ignoreLowQuality "1"
seta vt_maxaniso 2 //Set this to 0 if your having lots screen tarring issues and do NOT set this higher then 4 otherwise it will corrupt the Mega-Textures

and no launch options. No artifacting, no stuttering, and the texture pop is practically unnoticeable. The framerate is NOT 60 frames (more like 30) but smooth enough to enjoy the game.

Hope this works for someone else who just wants to play the game.

My specs.

AMD Phenom II X2 @ 4.0 Ghz
4 GB DDR3 1600
MSI 5770 1GB
michael flanigan

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 5:16 pm

I had a chance to try the 11.10 driver and so far it looks like all problems were completely fixed for me.

Wellsprings NPCs no longer flicker and no more floating/flickering weapons/bullets.

specs:
hp envy 15 laptop
i7-820QM 1.73GHz (3.06GHz turbo)
1GB AMD 5830m (running at stock clocks)
16GB DDR3 RAM
Dual Intel X18 G2 SSDs in Raid0
1920x1080 display

Steam launch options:
+cvaradd g_fov 20 +set com_skipIntroVideo 1 +set com_allowConsole 1 +fc_maxcachememoryMB 1024 +ik_enablesmoothing 0 +image_usecompression 0 +jobs_numthreads 4 +mem_phymemblocksizem 3072 +m_smooth 0 +m_rawinput 1

Rageconfig.cfg tweaks: None

Catalyst Control Center settings:
AA: use application settings
AF: use application settings
Tessellation: use application settings
Catalyst A.I.: "Advanced" mode
Mipmap Detail Level: Slider maxed at High Quality
Wait for vertical refresh: Always on
AA mode: Performance / Multi-sample AA

EDIT: history working with previous drivers is as follows -

11.9 driver: game did not launch (CTD on startup)

11.9 driver + Oct 3 hotfix: game launched fine, excellent frame rate, excellent appearance except for occasional and very brief artifacting in locations like Ghost hideout. The artifacting appeared as striated thin diagonal lines and did not affect gameplay very much as it was a rare occurance.

11.9 driver + Oct 4 Rage performance driver: no more striated line artifacts, however, in some areas I experienced phantom weapon parts or bullets floating in the air next to my gun. Also NPC flickering in Wellspring.

11.10 driver: fixed NPC flickering/floating bullets etc., and so far no other problems

EDIT: very slight twitching noticed with one of the NPCs in Wellspring

After installing the 11.10 driver, I loaded up a save from Wellspring and all the NPC flickering seemed to be fixed. Also traveled around to areas where there were previously weapon glitches/flickering/ floating bullets. All of the problems appeared to be fixed.

However, when I spoke with the merchant in Wellspring for the first time, there is a very slight flickering noticeable only when you are in the "buy" menu:

His head twitches a very tiny bit from side to side: http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/558669913737969576/112A270A64F5D8A82482AE9D07E21BCCD37BF47A/

This is nothing like the flickering experienced before the 11.10 driver.

So far I haven't noticed anything similar to this with any other NPCs in Wellspring. I have not made it to the Mutant Bash TV area yet.
Taylor Thompson

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 1:16 pm

Tentatively, it seems that the new drivers might have fixed things.

The texture pop in seems much less in-your-face. They're still there, but you actually need to be looking for them in this case.

Framerate seems acceptable, and I don't seem to be seeing any Q-Bert action anymore.

Hopefully this isn't a transitory state. We'll see as I play further into the game.
Richard

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 8:29 pm

Don't download nothing new from AMD. For now the only drivers that works better are 11.6 version. I was getting only 1 frame/sec on rage, after installing old drivers 11.6 now I finally can play the game. Try those drivers and see.
Felix Walde

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 9:38 pm

The new ATI driver did not help me either! CPU still at 100% and game unplayable!!!

CPU E8400 (stock)
2 Gb memory
HD 5750 1Gb
Win 7 (32bit)

-J-
Matt Terry

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 10:27 pm

I had a chance to try the 11.10 driver and so far it looks like all problems were completely fixed for me.

Wellsprings NPCs no longer flicker and no more floating/flickering weapons/bullets.

specs:
hp envy 15 laptop
i7-820QM 1.73GHz (3.06GHz turbo)
1GB AMD 5830m (running at stock clocks)
16GB DDR3 RAM
Dual Intel X18 G2 SSDs in Raid0
1920x1080 display

Steam launch options:
+cvaradd g_fov 20 +set com_skipIntroVideo 1 +set com_allowConsole 1 +fc_maxcachememoryMB 1024 +ik_enablesmoothing 0 +image_usecompression 0 +jobs_numthreads 4 +mem_phymemblocksizem 3072 +m_smooth 0 +m_rawinput 1

Rageconfig.cfg tweaks: None

Catalyst Control Center settings:
AA: use application settings
AF: use application settings
Tessellation: use application settings
Catalyst A.I.: "Advanced" mode
Mipmap Detail Level: Slider maxed at High Quality
Wait for vertical refresh: Always on
AA mode: Performance / Multi-sample AA

And no rageconfigs at all? Hmm, I'll try and post if it works.
Hairul Hafis

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 1:09 pm

And no rageconfigs at all? Hmm, I'll try and post if it works.

I tried it just cause I was bored. Didn't work for me but best of luck to you mate!
naome duncan

PreviousNext

Return to Othor Games