AMD Catalyst 11.10 Preview Driver (RAGEBF3 Unified Driver)

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 1:16 am

same problem with catalyst AI on ,1 sec play, 10 secs loading(freezing) but no artifects, without AI perfect 60 fps tad of popin.
tried all the confg settings etc ;(

core2 6420 @ 2.13Ghz
2 gig ram
HD 4800 1 gig

Here no difference, AI on or not, i got this glitches on textures and 50-60fps even if AI is on

Athlon II x4 3.66 GHz quad, 4gb ram and amd radeon 5750 512 vram
Jah Allen

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 2:49 am

Installing now but i have a feeling i will be back to the forum...
Ellie English

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 4:15 pm

Installing now but i have a feeling i will be back to the forum...

dont bother AMD stated in an twit that the new driver is the old rage hotfix and the battlefield 3 combined nothing new about it
Luis Reyma

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 9:11 pm

Game looks better, haven't seen any flickering or artifacting, texture loading is much better.

One problem, it's crashed twice so far just running around in the Wasted Garage, didn't even try an area transition yet...

AMD Phenom II X4 3.4
Radeon HD 5870 (Crossfired)
8 GB G.Skill DDR 1600 RAM
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

Edit: I removed the +cvaradd g_fov 20 start command and it hasn't crashed since. (Just my FOV kinda svcks at the moment, I can deal though)
Ya might wanna mention that to whoever cares, I'll test that more later.

Also looks like V-Sync is now creating a small amount of tearing which I haven't had until this driver.

At least I can play a bit though, will update...
(G-yen)

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 12:10 pm

After uninstalling the old drivers and installing the new drivers, its like night and day. ALL issues have been resolved including Loading Screen crashes, especially Sewers and Mutant Bash TV. There have also been massive improvements graphically.

Admittedly, I am still using the Cache and Rageconfig.cfg 'hacks'. I've fiddled with many different rageconfig.cfg and the one below works best for my system.

Here is my Rageconfig.cfg:

seta com_videoRam  1024  //sets the Video Card memory Set this to the amount you have in MBseta image_anisotropy  4  //Using the highest setting here but you can set as 2, 4 or 8seta image_usecompression 0 seta image_filter  GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR  //filtering for light mapsseta image_preload  1  //Use preload images when ever possibleseta image_lodbias  -1  //LoD settingsseta image_ignoreHighQuality  0  //Sets up for using HQ gfxseta image_ignoreLowQuality  1  //ignores the low texturesseta image_useCache  1  //Enabled Cache to allow the textures to load properly without poppingseta image_cacheMegs  250  //Cache size in Megabytesseta image_cacheMinK  100  //Cache minimum size in kilobytesseta r_useHighQualityPostProcess  1  //Fore High Quality post proccessingseta r_shadowsHighQuality  1  //Fore High Quality shadows seta r_displayRefresh  0  //keep it so the engine doesn't double render a frameseta r_renderer  best  //highest rendering optionsseta r_multiSamples  32  //Max Multi-samplingseta r_useHBAO  1 seta r_useRenderThread  1  //Disable or enable threaded renderingseta r_visDistMult  1 seta r_useMotionBlur  1  //use blurseta r_skipBump  0  seta r_skipSpecular  0 seta r_skipNewAmbient  0 seta r_shadows  1 seta r_cgFragmentProfile  best seta r_cgVertexProfile  best seta vt_lodBias  -1  //LoD settingsseta vt_maxPPF 16 //below is cache settingsseta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly2  8192 seta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly  8192 seta vt_pageimagesizeunique  8192seta vt_pageimagesizevmtr  8192 

My System Specs:

CPU: AMD 955 BE 3.2 gHz
RAM: 12Gb G-Skill
GPU: Sapphire 5870 Vapor-X 1Gb
Resolution: 1920 x 1080 (1080p)
Using Steam Command Line: +fs_cachepath "C:\Users\*UName*\AppData\Local\id software\rage" +r_swapInterval 1
CCC:
AA: Use Application and Morphilogical filtering checked
Anistropic: Use Application settings checked
Tessilation: AMD Optimized
Catalyst A.I. on HQ with Enable Surface Format Optimization checked
MipMap: Quality
V-Sync: Always On
Anti-Aliasing: Quality
Triple Buffering: Checked

Issue: Spider Bots artifact initially, but quickly corrects.

Edit: Woops, seems there is an issue with Spider Bots, there are some artifacts. But they seems to settle down fairly quickly.
Edit2: In responce to post 55

For me, new drivers decreased performance and thats it no improvements.

With cfg above after continue game RAGE crashes.
Anne marie

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 12:16 pm

dont bother AMD stated in an twit that the new driver is the old rage hotfix and the battlefield 3 combined nothing new about it

Actually what they said is...

"The V2 11.10 driver doesn't include any new performance gains for BF3 or Rage - it's now unified and resolves some Rage issues plus Xp/Vist"

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/CatalystCreator

Driver page: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU122AMDCat1110PreDriverV2.aspx

States fixing the crashing on loading screens plus additional changes.
jenny goodwin

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 6:33 pm

My game still freezes for 30-40 seconds then runs for 3 seconds and freezes again I can't move my character and my CPU gets jammed at 99%. If I disable the Catalyst AI manually my CPU load decreases to 50-60% I get good FPS around 56-60 FPS stable but the textures are messed up.

E6400 @2.5Ghz
Radeon HD5850
2GB RAM
Win7 32

Hello there, I have more or less the same issue but I took 2 videos to show this crazy buggy stuff. I am running the latest AMD Catalyst 11.10 Version 2 Preview Driver.
Just wanted to let you know.
Keep in touch

____ update___
THats what means driver 10.8 (sapphire) works better than 11.10 on ATI 4850 1GB GDDR3
That's my second video that proves what I am saying
http://youtu.be/lVtXHvg1Fos
Heather Stewart

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 12:30 am

This patch made no noticeable difference for my self, Ive been trying it all, updating drivers, rolling back drivers, beta drivers, updated and re-updated config files alike. The cfg changes did however stop it from crashing as often, but as far as texture issues not at all, furthermore i have been experiencing something i haven't seen or heard a lot of others discuss what i can best describe as incorrect texture tiles everywhere.(See Screenshots) I was also wondering can this game even play on a 32 bit system?

My system runs Crysis like a dream just under full spec, massive modding of fallout series as well and never any issues.
Radeon HD 4870 1gb
Intel core i7 940 2.94(4 Dual threaded cores should handle it i would think)
3gb ddr3
Windows XP Pro 32bit sp3
I Play at 1440 x 900 (16:10), 8x AA, CCC settings are defaulted and everything is set to let applications decide

I have tried all 'fixes' provided, nothing work did a final clean install of the latest driver 11.10(Posted Oct. 7) and still no difference.

I haven't seen this issue arise often.
[media][IMG]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h210/MATTA1234/2011-10-06_00001.jpg[/IMG][/media]

[media][IMG]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h210/MATTA1234/2011-10-06_00004.jpg[/IMG][/media]

[media][IMG]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h210/MATTA1234/2011-10-06_00002.jpg[/IMG][/media]

[media][IMG]http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h210/MATTA1234/2011-10-06_00003.jpg[/IMG][/media]

EDIT: Forgot to mention, after it stopped crashing the game more or less ran fine, i have never experienced low frame rates or jitters just this texture thing. (Granted i havent left the area outside the Arc, want to try and enjoy my first time rage experience in its fullest form.
MARLON JOHNSON

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 1:28 pm

It sure looks better with new driver, but game is still keeps freezing like hell. And again with AI turned off, most textures are black.
Haley Cooper

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 8:57 pm

The 11.10 update only enabled v-sync without forcing it through catalyst, apart from that, texture popping is still the same since 11.9 and/or the rage performance catalyst. Npcs and your first person weapons still flicker to black and different positions within their areas (ie they stay in around where the models of the npcs/your guns would be). Along with stuttering when moving around in certain areas.

1.Post your specs:

Intel 920 2.6ghz cpu
Sapphire AMD/ATI 6970 2gb gpu
gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 mainboard
6gb ddr3 corsair ram
500gb hdd
windows 7 64bit

2. Post your display resolution

1680x1050 x2 anti aliasing

3. Post whether you are using any additional tweaks in Steam launch options or rageconfig.cfg file

No, I am not

4. Post your Catalyst Control Center settings

(in the gaming tab)

Anti aliasing; using application settings, filter; standard, morphological filtering off

Anisotropic filtering; using application settings

Tessellation; using application settings

Catalyst A.I; texture filtering quality; performance, enabled surface format optimization

Wait for vertical refresh, on, unless application specifies

Anti-aliasing mode; performance

EDIT

the game is now freezing at random points and then resuming after the 11.10 update.
Elena Alina

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 11:57 am

I've tried everything as well, and I'm still in disco land with a bunch of funky squares. If I keep trying to fix this I'm just gonna put my foot through my screen, so I'm gonna shelf this game until its actually ready to be played. I don't mean to be negative or anything, but enough is enough, time for the company to get this fixed, I don't even understand what I'm doing, just hoping the next kind soul to help will nail it, and by the way, a thank you and a huge amount of appreciation for those trying to help us clueless folk, member and mod alike, you've all gone above and beyond trying to help. My frustration is with id, non of you kind folk at all.
Amanda Leis

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 1:51 pm

same problem as REZ cata AI off runs sixy but at cost. if i turn AI back on the black tiles go away but 5sec freezes makeing gameplay less injoy able
James Potter

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 12:08 pm

Actually what they said is...

"The V2 11.10 driver doesn't include any new performance gains for BF3 or Rage - it's now unified and resolves some Rage issues plus Xp/Vist"

Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/CatalystCreator

Driver page: http://support.amd.com/us/kbarticles/Pages/GPU122AMDCat1110PreDriverV2.aspx

States fixing the crashing on loading screens plus additional changes.

It turned my textures into bigger garbage and now I can't use Launch Options. Wonderful.
Cathrin Hummel

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 2:39 am

Hi
The game for me was a truble since the beginning. I got to the menu than got to video settings and set Antialiasing from none to 8x than the screen gone totally BLACK but behind black I listen that while moving mouse the menu was reacting and menu audio was not blocked so i Ctrl+Alt+Del to get to windows and see if it was not stuck really. Rage was not stuck, so I not manually quitted and reclicked on the game and it was back again to normal. I started the game and out of the Shuttle Cell where all started as fast as I moved the mouse as fast texture where popping with an incredible delay. No stuttering and all went smooth apart from texture popping. There was no way to play. So I'm back here.

I just finished to download the new driver V2 for Windows Vista 32 bit SP2 from the Ati website as mentioned on the lin you posted.
I am going to follow the instruction and install new dirvers on my system:

ATI Sapphire HD 4850 1GB GDDR3.
Intel Core 2 Duo E6700
Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi-AP Edition
4 GB DDR2-800 Corsair
240 GB standard Sata 2 HD from Samsung on Raid Mirror with same Samsung HD.

I am back to you as far as driver V2 are installed.
So I am seriously disappointed... New drivers are working worst than before. SO the main video when game start works as good as before but when i get to the Cell all game is running with 15 seconds delay between 5 or 7 seconds of game frames than I see that the main problem: texture popping is still there... Seriously disappointed.
What was driving me crazy was that to get out of the game without ctrl+alt+canc took about 3 minutes because there was no control on mouse or keyboard and I had to sync mouse movements to gain the object on screen and find the way to get back to main menu than the way to click on quit than the way to click yes, out from this shame game.

So I am finding my way to upload on my community account the shame you create with 2 videos of the disappointing 10 minutes with this never betatested game. You at id software and Bethesda should feel ashamed and say sorry and work as hard as you can to climb up from the deep [censored] in where you are now swimming with your customers. Remember we paid 60 euros for this [censored] code. You at id where nemed to be the best game code writer but in this case you made a mess.
WAS THIS GAME MADE TO RUN YOUR CUSTOMER IN RAGE?

This is the video, enjoy the show!
Rage texture popping and stuck with AMD Catalyst 11.10 Version 2 Preview Driver
[media]http://youtu.be/zZVJXP9NgSk[/media]

___ UPDATE_____________

his is the 2nd video that proves that on Sapphire 10.8 RAGE runs better than with Catalyst 11.10 Version 2 Preview Driver on ATI Sapphire 4850 1 GB GDDR3
[media]http://youtu.be/lVtXHvg1Fos[/media]
Sarah Evason

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 11:52 am

Mine isnt working
Specs
windows 7 32-bit
intel core2 quad
ATI Radeon HD 5670
4gig ram
1280-1024 res
i downloaded catalyst and the game always crashes after the intro
Ridhwan Hemsome

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 3:57 pm

what a big mess this is i think we all spent more time trying too get it too work then playing wich is sad.
Ricky Rayner

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 6:58 pm

Results:
Good fps
No more area transition crashes
Much less obvious texture pop-in (not an issue)
The intermittent freezing is almost gone (very infrequent)
Textures don't look as good as they did before the patch (the dirt ground in wellspring is a great example)
Edit: I Don't get npc flickering in wellspring any more, but I had lots of it in the mutant bash mission.

PC Specs:
Phenom II x3 720
4 gb ddr3 1600
HD 5850 1 gb
xfi titanium fat pro
1080 p screen resolution
win 7 hp x64

Tweaks I am using:
command load line parameters: +cvaradd g_fov 12 +com_allowconsole 1 +com_skipIntroVideo 1 +image_anisotropy 4 +image_usecompression 0 +g_showplayershadow 1 +m_smooth 0
I created a directory at C:\Users\MYAcct\AppData\Local\id software\RAGE and it has two files in it, a 1 gb file cache and a file cache header

I am using the following config file changes in my steam rage\base folder:
seta com_videoRam "1024" //sets the Video Card memory Set this to the amount you have in MBseta com_maxfps "60" //limits the frames to 60 can be changed to what you desireseta image_anisotropy "2" //Using the highest setting here but you can set as 2, 4 or 8seta image_usecompression 0 seta image_filter "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR" //filtering for light mapsseta image_preload "1" //Use preload images when ever possibleseta image_lodbias "-1" //LoD settingsseta image_ignoreHighQuality "1" //Sets up for using HQ gfxseta image_ignoreLowQuality "0" //ignores the low texturesseta image_useCache "1" //Enabled Cache to allow the textures to load properly without poppingseta image_cacheMegs "125" //Cache size in Megabytesseta image_cacheMinK "50" //Cache minimum size in kilobytesseta r_swapInterval 1 //VSYNC 1 enabled, 0 diabledseta r_useHighQualityPostProcess "1" //For High Quality post proccessingseta r_shadowsHighQuality "0" //For High Quality shadows seta r_displayRefresh "0" //keep it so the engine doesn't double render a frameseta r_renderer "best" //highest rendering optionsseta r_multiSamples "2" //Set this to 16 or 8 if you're having low-fps as 32 is the Max Multi-samplingseta r_useHBAO "1" //Ambient occlusionseta r_useRenderThread "0" // 0 Disable or 1 Enable threaded rendering useful for newer cards to increase performance.seta r_visDistMult "1"seta r_useMotionBlur "1" //use blurseta r_skipBump "0" seta r_skipSpecular "0"seta r_skipNewAmbient "0"seta r_shadows "0"seta r_cgFragmentProfile "best"seta r_cgVertexProfile "best"seta vt_lodBias "-1" //LoD settings//below is cache settingsseta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly2 "8192"seta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly "8192"seta vt_pageimagesizeunique "8192"seta vt_pageimagesizevmtr "8192"seta fc_maxcachememoryMB "1024" seta vt_maxPPF "8"seta com_allowConsole "1"seta com_skipIntroVideo "1" seta cg_usecompression "0"seta cg_useprecompressedtextures "0" 

My CCC is set to: Use application settings where possible, except for "Catalyst AI-Quality", "Disable-surface format optimization", "Mipmap Detail-Quality", "Wait for Vertical Sync-Always On", "Anti Aliasing-Performance", "Triple Buffering-On".

I believe that's everything. The game is playable. I'll experiment over the next couple days to see which of the tweaks I can remove/change.

I honestly think that these issues probably have cut rage pc sales by 10-20% (and ruined Rage's metacritic score). I can't imagine how the game was released how it was.
Anthony Santillan

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 1:02 pm

what a big mess this is i think we all spent more time trying too get it too work then playing wich is sad.

Actually i never spent time playing since i bought it , [censored]in disco land.
maya papps

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 1:13 pm

The 11.10 update improved my screen tearing vastly and also made the performance much smoother. Still have minor texture pop in however but only when I turn really fast.

1.Post your specs:

Intel Core i5 2500K @ 4.2GHz
2 x Radeon HD 6870's
8GB DDR Ram
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit

1920x1080
8x AA

3. Post whether you are using any additional tweaks in Steam launch options or rageconfig.cfg file

I am not using any tweaks at all.

(in the gaming tab)

Anti aliasing; using application settings, filter; standard, morphological filtering off

Anisotropic filtering; using application settings

Tessellation; AMD Optimised

Catalyst A.I; texture filtering quality; Enable surface format optimisation - OFF

Wait for vertical refresh: Off unless application specifies

Anti-aliasing mode; Quality Super Sample AA
Hannah Barnard

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 10:44 pm

(SPECS) - Windows XP (installed a couple months ago), Radeon HT 5870 1Gb, 2Gb RAM
(RESOLUTION) - 1920x1080
(CONFIG TWEAKS) - NO rageconfig & NO launch options (not that I haven't tried)
(CATALYST SETTINGS) - Reset to default (also tried with triple-buffering enabled)
(DESCRIPTION OF PROBLEM)

Before installing the 11.10 preview drivers I had great framerate and no freezing, but the surfaces were covered with seemingly random textures & zoom levels, and seemed to update dynamically based on the motion & direction of my character.

After installing the drivers and rebooting, I see these symptoms:
* I cannot load any save games without a crash.
* Once out of 10 tries I saw the 3D landscape start to render before crashing.
* After trying to load ~10 times, it started to crash during the Bethesda intro flick without fail.
* When I launch Photoshop, it is warning me with a message "Photoshop has encountered a problem with the display driver, and has temporarily disabled GPU enhancements.

I did not uninstall the old driver first. I will try that now.

Okay, uninstalling was a bit odd. I did the Add/Remove Programs uninstall of AMD Catalyst Install. It says it's going to remove all traces of drivers, ui stuff, etc. However, after a reboot, I noticed I still had 3D capabilities. I could play Portal 2 fine for instance. Rage was back to running the way it did before 11.10 preview drivers too.

I looked in Device Manager, and saw my display adapter still clinging to a driver, mysteriously dated "9/8". I forcibly removed it, rebooted, installed 11.10 preview drivers, and rebooted again.

Now Rage crashes everytime before the Bethesda splash starts. My sound card blips, but that's it.
Liv Brown

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 12:59 pm

I installed the driver and everything is worse than before. The start screen would load, but when I started the game, it would freeze for about 10 seconds load some more of the game, and repeat this.
I just tried to roll the driver back to what I had. Pre-first *fix* when the game was working with crappy framerate and now it won't load. It immeadiatly crashes upon load, with no exceptions listed. I am beyond frustration. I have never had so many issues with a game. Fallout was a mess but I could get the game working.
Gavin boyce

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 1:07 am

Just installed the new driver. Before it crashed 100% when loading the Mutant Bash TV level and now I am able to enter it. I am currently seeing the NPC flicker on the Mutant Bash TV mutants though. I haven't been able to check Wellspring to see if those NPCs still flicker yet, keep dying at this boss at the moment...

Specs:
CPU: i7 2600k
GPU: AMD 6990 4GB
RAM: 8 GB
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Other: Using rageconfig.cfg to use 8k texture cache. Have V-Sync forced through CCC
Josh Lozier

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 6:22 pm

1.Post your specs

Athlon II x4 3,3 GHz
4GB RAM
ATI 6770HD
Win7 64

1366x768, 8xAA

seta com_videoRam "1024" //sets the Video Card memory Set this to the amount you have in MBseta com_maxfps "60" //limits the frames to 60 can be changed to what you desireseta image_anisotropy "4" //Using the highest setting here but you can set as 2, 4 or 8 *was 2seta image_usecompression 0 seta image_filter "GL_LINEAR_MIPMAP_LINEAR" //filtering for light mapsseta image_preload "1" //Use preload images when ever possibleseta image_lodbias "-1" //LoD settingsseta image_ignoreHighQuality "1" //Sets up for using HQ gfxseta image_ignoreLowQuality "0" //ignores the low texturesseta image_useCache "1" //Enabled Cache to allow the textures to load properly without poppingseta image_cacheMegs "125" //Cache size in Megabytesseta image_cacheMinK "50" //Cache minimum size in kilobytes//seta r_swapInterval 1 //VSYNC 1 enabled, 0 disabledseta r_useHighQualityPostProcess "1" //Fore High Quality post processingseta r_shadowsHighQuality "1" //Fore High Quality shadows *was 0seta r_displayRefresh "0" //keep it so the engine doesn't double render a frameseta r_renderer "best" //highest rendering optionsseta r_multiSamples "8" //Set this to 16 or 8 if you're having low-fps as 32 is the Max Multi-samplingseta r_useHBAO "0" //Ambient occlusionseta r_useRenderThread "0" // 0 Disable or 1 Enable threaded rendering useful for newer cards to increase performance.seta r_visDistMult "1"seta r_useMotionBlur "1" //use blur *was 0seta r_skipBump "0" seta r_skipSpecular "0"seta r_skipNewAmbient "0"seta r_shadows "1" /// was 0seta r_cgFragmentProfile "best"seta r_cgVertexProfile "best"seta vt_lodBias "-1" //LoD settings//below is cache settingsseta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly2 "8192"seta vt_pageimagesizeuniquediffuseonly "8192"seta vt_pageimagesizeunique "8192"seta vt_pageimagesizevmtr "8192"seta fc_maxcachememoryMB "1024"//vt_restart //vt_maxaniso "4" //image_anisotropy 4  seta vt_maxPPF "8"seta com_allowConsole "1"seta com_skipIntroVideo "1"seta cg_usecompression "0"seta cg_useprecompressedtextures "0"

NOTE: I also created that folder manually in C:\Users\\AppData\Local\id software\rage (you should have show hidden files/folders enabled)

default settings

EXPERIENCE:

1) First launch (before installing first ati rage patch and tweaking cfg or adding folder) - texture popping, bad framerates

2) Second launch (after installing first ati rage patch and tweaking with cfg and adding folder) - no texture popping (after inital load there is indeed a big fat POP for like 20 sec but after that no popping) all seemed almost perfect (except dark places tend to seem greenish to me, is fixable if i play with color temerature and color balance, but i ain't screwing my efforts to calibrate it beforehand) UNTIL I entered Wellspring where NPC characters were dancing and flickering like mad I mean like struck by multiple lightnings. So I quit again and waited.

3) Third launch (after installing second ati rage/bf patch) - 40 mins I'm playing and all seems fine - 60 FPS, no flickering, no near distance pops (occasional but very rare long distance pops and some random textures popping when very very near to npc but i could count 2 or 3 cases only, and afterall its a computer game, if a computer game is visually perfect then you are prolly playing minesweeper). So if there is something new I notice I'd write.

Just one question if somebody knows how to enable the fov increase through the cfg file. I prefer to put my commands there instead of steam.
Chloe Mayo

Post » Tue May 15, 2012 12:09 am

Just installed the new driver. Before it crashed 100% when loading the Mutant Bash TV level and now I am able to enter it. I am currently seeing the NPC flicker on the Mutant Bash TV mutants though. I haven't been able to check Wellspring to see if those NPCs still flicker yet, keep dying at this boss at the moment...

Specs:
CPU: i7 2600k
GPU: AMD 6990 4GB
RAM: 8 GB
Resolution: 1680 x 1050
Other: Using rageconfig.cfg to use 8k texture cache. Have V-Sync forced through CCC

I guess I don't have permission to edit my post, but I just got back to Wellspring and my NPC's no longer flicker there which is really nice.
Shae Munro

Post » Mon May 14, 2012 5:46 pm

Core 2 Duo E6750
Radeon HD 5770
Windows 7 32 with 4 GB ram
1920x1200

New drivers do NOTHING to fix my problem. For every 1-2 seconds of the game working I get 5-10 seconds of the game being completely frozen. My CPU is maxed at 100%.

What's sad is that I actually downgraded to the 11.6 Catalyst drivers, and they *mostly* work (aside from a tiny bit of the occasional black square in a texture), but then I still get the loading crashes.

This is the most disappointing worthless release of a video game I've seen in years. I mean, the amount of epic fail here is almost enough to match the Myth 2 uninstall issue.
Tracey Duncan

PreviousNext

Return to Othor Games