[REL] Cloaks of Skyrim

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 12:01 am

Probably not for a couple of weeks, as quite busy currently and away from my PC.

4-5 new cloaks are already completed, though, along with a few tweaks and fixes.
djimi

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 6:38 am

thank you :D
WYatt REed

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 12:59 am

Hey again, I've just finished collecting all the cloaks!
That was fun while it lasted. I've gone and rounded up all the Hold cloaks too, but I was saddened by the lack of Linen variations of the Solitude and Winterhold cloaks! Is there any chance these will be added? I love the look of the linen cloaks over the leather ones, so I'd be so happy if they are.
Thanks for this mod, Noodles. Collecting the cloaks was kind of a quest in itself, and I enjoyed the extra playtime it added.
Melanie Steinberg

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 8:25 pm

Hey again, I've just finished collecting all the cloaks!
That was fun while it lasted. I've gone and rounded up all the Hold cloaks too, but I was saddened by the lack of Linen variations of the Solitude and Winterhold cloaks! Is there any chance these will be added? I love the look of the linen cloaks over the leather ones, so I'd be so happy if they are.
Thanks for this mod, Noodles. Collecting the cloaks was kind of a quest in itself, and I enjoyed the extra playtime it added.

Great to hear, and thanks for the feedback! Any particular favourites from the unique/rare bunch?

There are more on the way, and the lack of Solitude linen cloak was an oversight - it is ready to be included in the next update too (also, there is a linen version of the Winterhold cloak already in-game, though I may have forgotten to place one)
Enny Labinjo

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 8:38 pm

That's awesome, I look forwards to the inclusion of the linen variations. Yeah, I noticed that there were Winterhold guards wearing linen cloaks, but after scouring the entire place, I could only find the leather cloak. Unless it's really well hidden, I don't think there is one.

I loved the Thalmor and Dwemer cloaks, that Nord cloak from Angarvunde was pretty sweet (Hvorik's Blanket? Is that the one? I just love the cloaks with sweet patterns on them) and my favourite Hold cloak had to be the Falkreath one. There's just something about the white stag's head on navy blue that looked awesome.

I'd love to see a proper imperial cloak though, to match the Stormcloak one. You know, red with the Imperial dragon sigil? I understand if you've got your hands way too full to deal with every petty request that comes your way, but it'd be cool is all. In any case, you've added a whole new degree of enjoyment through customisation with this mod. I look forwards to the next update!
Daddy Cool!

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 8:23 pm

You mean the ancient, itchy, stained blanket? Excellent choice! :laugh: You'll be pleased to know I'm working on more Nordic variants, and the first Imperial cloak is complete and ready to be included in the next update too, though I'm pondering another variant or two there. Thanks again for the comments!
Danii Brown

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 4:03 pm

This mod is simply fantastic. I love the different variations and patterns, and the fact that this is compatible with Frostfall makes it even better. After using this mod I just can't fathom playing my characters without it! Many thanks for your hard work, and I especially look forward to any new cloaks you have in development. Those Ashlander tribal cloaks look great as well; might there be any Great House cloaks in the works? :biggrin:
Dan Scott

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 3:42 am

hey i really cant find the cloak in temple of xrib, its absolutely killing me. i cant find "the orc who had her last breath". who the hell is the orc?
Kelvin Diaz

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 7:22 pm

hey i really cant find the cloak in temple of xrib, its absolutely killing me. i cant find "the orc who had her last breath". who the hell is the orc?

Keep an eye out for some orcish equipment and something that resembles an old, dried bloodstain. An open area where someone could easily get overwhelmed/surrounded by many Falmer. You are definitely in the right zone. :smile:
Sami Blackburn

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 5:01 am

Keep an eye out for some orcish equipment and something that resembles an old, dried bloodstain. An open area where someone could easily get overwhelmed/surrounded by many Falmer. You are definitely in the right zone. :smile:

well i have found the cape, goodness it was so easy after that hinf for some reason, .probasbly because i was looking for a dead orc the whole time XD. thouggh i have all thew unique capes but i hear their is a thalmor cape.
Killer McCracken

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 5:31 pm

Version 0.9 is on the way. More cloaks! Forsworn, necromancers, Imperials, each with a couple of variants, along with more uniques. Hopefully will be ready over the weekend.

A question, though. I have thrown together a few alternative, rougher cloth textures created for the base linen cloak style. I'm undecided whether to release them as

a ) a replacer (highly unlikely as it may upset people who prefer the smooth linen look)
b ) as an optional replacer file, or
c ) as alternative basic craftable cloaks. Burlap cloaks, or somesuch.

Here is a quick http://i46.tinypic.com/20aqkix.jpg

Actually, now I've written it down, I'm definitely leaning towards option c). Thoughts?
CHARLODDE

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 5:05 am

I prefer the finer weave linen version so option C would be my choice also.
Some cloaks have the 'magic properties' symbol - is there any way in-game to see what the property does?
Shaylee Shaw

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 10:26 pm

Just realized I haven't come in here to say thank you for such an amazing addition to Skyrim.

Keep up the good work, and I look forward to your future updates.
lydia nekongo

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 1:05 am

Thanks Chesko!

Some cloaks have the 'magic properties' symbol - is there any way in-game to see what the property does?

Just added to the FAQ:

Q- Some of the cloaks have an Enchanted icon in the inventory, but show no magic effects. What's going on?
A- Any cloaks with a flavour description will falsely show an enchanted icon in the inventory. They are still fully enchantable, however. Some of the unique cloaks already have an enchantment, some do not. Any with an enchantment will show it in the Magic Effects menu.
michael flanigan

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 9:53 pm

Version 0.9 is on the way. More cloaks! Forsworn, necromancers, Imperials, each with a couple of variants, along with more uniques. Hopefully will be ready over the weekend.

A question, though. I have thrown together a few alternative, rougher cloth textures created for the base linen cloak style. I'm undecided whether to release them as

a ) a replacer (highly unlikely as it may upset people who prefer the smooth linen look)
b ) as an optional replacer file, or
c ) as alternative basic craftable cloaks. Burlap cloaks, or somewuch.

Here is a quick http://i46.tinypic.com/20aqkix.jpg

Actually, now I've written it down, I'm definitely leaning towards option c). Thoughts?

Both are very nice and I would say that more choices are always better, so it would be c) for me. In case I misunderstood, you would concider adding them to the leveled lists, right?
Mark Hepworth

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 1:16 am

I would like it as an optional replacer :smile: The current ones are a bit too saturated imho for the overall feeling :tongue:

I can't wait for the Urshilaku cloack, my ashlander hunter, Ashur-Dun will love it :tongue:
Cagla Cali

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 11:43 pm

The optional Replacer would be great. I really like the rougher cloth texture.
Sammi Jones

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 5:33 pm

Would you pretty-please-with-sugar-on-top consider putting this up on the Steam Workshop? The only reason I ask, is because I have x3 different computers I play Skyrim from (main gaming PC, laptop, and HTPC hooked up to TV in living room). Keeping my list of mods and save files sync'd across all three systems is just way easier to do with the Workshop than with NMM. I know the Workshop has a lot of frustrating limitations right now, but this is a top-tier mod and I'd hate to see it go missed by people who only use the Workshop.
Racheal Robertson

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 6:13 pm

Thanks for the feedback, folks. Eventually did plump for option c), as variety is the spice of life and all that jazz. Also, you asked really nicely, but I'm sorry noderunner, I have no plans to put it up on Steam Workshop yet. Maybe someday, but for now I'm still not keen.

Anyway, Cloaks of Skyrim version 0.9 is currently uploading on the http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12092.

Nothing major, but bundles of new cloaks added. Some factions, such as Forsworn, Imperial and Necromancers now have their own cloak variants too. Burlap cloaks (a more detailed, rougher-cloth texture of the linen cloaks) can now be crafted a the tanning rack. And last but not least, more unique and rare cloaks also added to the world waiting to be discovered!

As always, feedback appreciated, and let me know if you stumble across any issues.
Heather Kush

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 2:31 am

Hell yeah!
I'd just gotten bored with Skyrim again. You're the best, Noodles.

Edit: It's that time again! Found three of the new cloaks. Warning! Don't click the spoiler tag if you want to experience the rewarding feeling of finding these cloaks on your own!
Spoiler

Within the Temple of corruption, bringing the day to an end. - Nightcaller Temple.

Beneath crossed swords of gold, something scurries. - Riften Ratway Vault.

In a corner, the Dunmer lament the loss of their one-great Gnisis. - New Gnisis Cornerclub in Windhelm.

Within the hideout of the Misplaced Blade - Lost Knife Hideout. There was a bandit there wearing an enchanted cloak on my game; if anybody else finds him, this is NOT the location's unique cloak.

if an orphan's tear were to travel south-east, the crumbling walls of a fort may welcome it. - Fort Hraggstad (That really WAS simple. Thanks, Eluigra.)

draw a line between two towers; one a stone, the other of frost. There you will find a cave of the fallen. - Hob's Fall Cave, between the Tower standing stone and Frostflow Lighthouse.

A place of burial, where resides the Pale one. A fallen adventurer carried something ancient. - Frostmere Depths, within Frostmere Crypt.
sam smith

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 7:56 pm

Love this mod. Found all the cloaks but two so far, the one about conflagrations in particular was really tough. In fact, I stumbled on it before I'd even figured out the clue.
I'm certain that "If an orphan's tear were to travel southwest..." is meant to be Helgen, but I just can't find a dang thing there. I love this kind of easter egg hunt!
Think waaaaaaay north. I had to puzzle it out as well, but when you figure it out it's facepalmingly simple.

hint:
Spoiler
There are (at least) two locations with Orphan in the name. One of them matches the clue rather better than the other.
Angela

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 4:24 am

Warms the cockles of my heart to see people enjoying the clues and treasure hunt! Give me a shout if you want any of the clues elaborating on.

Oops, and I've only just realised I'd put southwest on that clue when it should be southeast, sorry!
Philip Lyon

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 6:37 am

Wow, this mod is awesome!! I've found all the unique cloacks, and i love them! I think that the most beautiful is the kvatch cloak, maybe because I miss oblivion. I have only 1 question: the cloak of the crow, one of my favourites, has some strange red pixels on the cap. Is it ok? Anyway, a great mod, good work! Keep it up :thumbsup:
Heather M

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 1:24 am

I've found a couple of the uniques, and it's a great feeling for that alone, even without the rest of the mod! So, thanks.
My only concern, is that if I go looking for a Cabbomancer's cloak, i'll be disappointed.. :P
Czar Kahchi

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 8:58 pm

So, I've been searching... Has anyone found the cloak in "A place of burial, where resides the Pale one"? I've searched the entire place at least three times and found nothing.
brian adkins

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim