[REL] Cloaks of Skyrim

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 4:17 am

Ok, stand by just a sec as I fire up the game.

Edit. Here it is. http://i.imgur.com/fDoby.jpg
I did this real quick in like 10-15 minutes. Didn't do the normal map yet so this is with the standard NM. I also want to add some details on the left and right side as to look like it's stitched or has a rounded edge. This might take a bit more.

Also, I have a quick small question on your textures, but I'll PM you about that one if it's OK.

That looks really good man :)
Marine x

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 6:39 pm

Also, I have a quick small question on your textures, but I'll PM you about that one if it's OK.

Sure thing, no worries at all. And the texture looks great!

I've finally just got a Dwemer cloak to a point where I'm happy with it (it has been irking me for weeks, ha), and hand-placed a couple of them in Dwemer-related locations to be discovered (when I next update!). Sticking a few rare collectible cloaks around the world is ridiculously good fun. :tongue: :banana:
phillip crookes

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 5:16 am

That looks really good man :smile:

Thank you! :blush:
Sure thing, no worries at all. And the texture looks great!

I've finally just got a Dwemer cloak to a point where I'm happy with it (it has been irking me for weeks, ha), and hand-placed a couple of them in Dwemer-related locations to be discovered (when I next update!). Sticking a few rare collectible cloaks around the world is ridiculously good fun. :tongue: :banana:

Ok, I'll send you a PM. I'm happy you like the texture!

When I upgrade to the latest version I'll go with the one that adds them to the leveled lists. I don't know why I didn't do that in the beginning, silly me.
I like the cloaks so much that I want to see them more in the world of Skyrim. Can't wait to see how the other cloaks you implemented look!
Felix Walde

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 7:52 pm

A few unique/rare capes being worked on that'll be hand-placed in the world. I much prefer exploration and the reward of static loot to all this craft-everything business, so hoping people will enjoy either stumbling across them whilst on their travels or actively collecting 'em.

Now if only the item descriptions could be a little longer for more flavour text!

http://i43.tinypic.com/2w24eah.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/nehwdg.jpg
Rhysa Hughes

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 2:07 am

A few unique/rare capes being worked on that'll be hand-placed in the world. I much prefer exploration and the reward of static loot to all this craft-everything business, so hoping people will enjoy either stumbling across them whilst on their travels or actively collecting 'em.

Now if only the item descriptions could be a little longer for more flavour text!

http://i43.tinypic.com/2w24eah.jpg
http://i40.tinypic.com/nehwdg.jpg
very nice pics. It is a shame that you cannot add much of a description to an item. But would you concider writing a book about them? Like a book that would give a short story to each new unique cloak as well as a hint to where it can be found? That is what I did with Mage Equipment rare robes and I guess it worked well.
pinar

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 2:06 am

very nice pics. It is a shame that you cannot add much of a description to an item. But would you concider writing a book about them? Like a book that would give a short story to each new unique cloak as well as a hint to where it can be found? That is what I did with Mage Equipment rare robes and I guess it worked well.

That's a good idea, kind of like artifacts of tamriel. You could maybe add at the end that there are still some/many cloaks in the world undocumented and unknown, and some of untold power :)
Tanya Parra

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 11:59 pm

Yeah, 'tis something to consider definitely, as I love stuff like that. However, a lot of the unique cloaks will simply be flavour items - not powerful relics with a grand history. They could be a simple hunter's cloak, but with a unique look, for example, hence a nice little bit of flavour text, but not fitting for a mention in a scholarly book on mythical artifacts.

Though, very tempted to scribble something for some of the unique enchanted cloaks. Hmm, I'll have a think, as I'm quite disappointed that I can only get a sentence or so into the item descriptions :laugh:
Robert Jr

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 2:04 am

Is there a chance we could see scarfs added ?
http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/images/2061-1-1322634267.jpg
Jessica Lloyd

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 4:46 pm

I do hope to eventually add scarves and other accessories, yep. Though they are likely to be thick neck-scarves in the style of Tona's old mufflers from Oblivion, rather than a thin strip hanging behind.

I lost most of my old screenies in a HDD kersplosion, so I can't show exactly, but you can see one of the mufflers in this http://steamcommunity.com/id/nikinoodles/screenshot/523781054845143261/?tab=public and http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/522655701957845778/B90D8D58B1984D8BB919F55B641F20F611D89556/ too.
Ludivine Dupuy

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 3:40 am

I was actually talking about something like a half http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac199/Impetusium/navi%20final/august2009/090818_2.jpg, but on the right shoulder. I called it a scarf because it looks a bit like the one from the Nightingale re-texture mod.
Dalia

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 8:24 pm

Ah I think he means something like this?

http://images.wikia.com/assassinscreed/it/images/b/bd/Cappasemplice.png
Lynette Wilson

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 3:35 pm

http://i899.photobucket.com/albums/ac199/Impetusium/navi%20final/august2009/090818_2.jpg

Something between this and what Noodles already did in his mod.
BaNK.RoLL

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 2:41 am

Ah, I see what you meant now. I have to admit, no plans to include anything like that just yet, but maybe in the future when I've finished with the various bits and bobs I'm currently working on.

Cloaks v0.8 should be arriving in the next couple of days, with 10 new cloak styles (each with a unique look) hand-placed in the world and each with a bit of flavour text/description for that retro-RPG vibe :laugh:. Hopefully to encourage that "Oh, wow!" moment when we discover something static and unique/rare. That number rises to 13 with the last 3 Hold cloaks included.
electro_fantics

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 4:03 pm

Cloaks v0.8 should be arriving in the next couple of days, with 10 new cloak styles (each with a unique look) hand-placed in the world and each with a bit of flavour text/description for that retro-RPG vibe :laugh:. Hopefully to encourage that "Oh, wow!" moment when we discover something static and unique/rare. That number rises to 13 with the last 3 Hold cloaks included.

It has arrived a bit sooner than I thought!

Cloaks v08 is out at the http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/file.php?id=12092
  • 10 new cloak styles added. These are unique or rare, and have been hand-placed in the world. See Locations Readme for more information and hints
  • 3 new Hold guard cloaks added, to complete the collection
  • a few minor tweaks and fixes
Would love to hear feedback and thoughts on the new cloaks, the hints I've provided, their flavour text, etc! They aren't all breathtakingly beautiful works of art, but hopefully add more variety and choice.
-__^

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 2:03 am

Cant wait to see the new cloaks..... just waiting for the upload to nexus to finalize.
Invasion's

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 4:33 am

Thanks for the updates mate!

Btw, if anyones looking to find the cloaks, I found one:
Spoiler
There is one in Bleak Coast/Bleakcoast cave. Found it there by accident.
CHANONE

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 3:14 am

I'm very interested to hear any feedback or thoughts on the new cloaks, mainly their descriptions - are they doing what I intended, providing a little bit of flavour and mentions of lore, or not really having the desired effect? Also, the hints I've written - how are they? Any use? Too vague? Too obvious?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts shared!
Christine

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 6:46 am

I like the capes and the clues as well. They are fairly easy to decode, though sometimes one has to search for a while to actually find them.
I've found 6 ot of the 8 so far. For the rest, I have a theory for the first one, but the 5th one is a complete mistery for me.
Patrick Gordon

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 11:27 pm

This mod is amazing, Noodles. I've had so much fun searching for the cloaks, and now I've been inspired to do an "expansion pack" of sorts (with your blessing, of course).
I have to confess, though; I was initially too lazy to search for them, and it was only after I found out that nobody had posted locations here that I went out and looked. For the sake of those who thought like me, though, I'll post the locations of the ones I've found. I won't say where they are in those locations, though; that'd take away all the fun.
Don't click the spoiler tag if you don't want to know! This is for the people who don't enjoy searching, so don't ruin it for yourself if you do.

Spoiler
"After the Great Collapse of Winterhold, the fallen washed up while survivors crawled into nearby caves along the coast of the sea of ghosts" - Bleakcoast Cave, east of the Shrine of Azura.

"Even the ancients of the Voice welcome a warm mantle on their shoulders" - High Hrothgar.

"An unknown, unnamed traveler, honoured in the Pass." - Wayward Pass, south of Alftand.

"His death may have been skeevers or suicide, but this poor farmer perhaps unknowingly had something of great worth." - Lund's Hut, north of Rorikstead.

"Flowing fresh water, the colour of a forest. An unwise place for a camp, it seems." - Greenspring Hollow.

"A gory seat, with vampires ready to prey on the unwary travelling from the south into Skyrim." - Bloodlet Throne, southeast of Falkreath and southwest of Helgen.

"South of the Watch, west of the Mill, a Nordic tomb contains something long-since abandoned." - Angarvunde, south of Treva's Watch and west of Heartwood Mill.

"Within the hole of the blind's temple, an orc warrior breathed her last." - Temple of Xrib in Sightless Pit, west of Azura's Shrine.

The hints make you think, but they're not mind-bogglingly difficult. They're of the fun level of difficulty, I'd say. I've enjoyed trying to solve them, and there's no way I'd have found any of them without clues - I'd actually cleared the "Gory Seat" ten minutes before I solved that riddle and knew where to look for it, so yeah.

As for the descriptions, I like them. I love when people put effort into little notes and descriptions to tie their work into the setting, and you've done a grade A job here.
I look forward to further updates!
Dan Endacott

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 4:38 am

Hey, thanks muchly for the feedback. Great to hear!

Regarding one of your locations in the spoiler:

Spoiler
"His death may have been skeevers or suicide, but this poor farmer perhaps unknowingly had something of great worth." - This isn't actually referring to the Dwemer cloak in Blackreach. It points to a surface location and a different cloak. I'd not included hints to Dwemer locations, as there are a few more of them around. Rather than being unique, they are just very rare.

Thanks again, and best of luck hunting down the last few!
Sammygirl500

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 6:39 am

Hey guys, sorry if this doesnt belong here but im just curious.. on the mods page on nexus mods there is a user submitted picture of cairine with a white cloak on.. I'm curious as to what armor she is wearing in that picture if anyone could help me out id be grateful.
Dawn Farrell

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 5:14 am

I think it may be the Eisen Platte armour, though I'm not 100% sure. Also can't link it at the moment as Skyrim Nexus appears to be temporarily down/overloaded.

And while I'm here, I may as well throw out some cloaky stuff I'm currently working on: http://static.skyrim.nexusmods.com/downloads/images/12092-1-1335715380.jpg. Bonus points if you know which tribe that represents too, for the real Morrowind aficionados!
James Rhead

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 10:01 pm

Urshilaku Tribe?
Ezekiel Macallister

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 3:58 am

Yep, Urshilaku it is! Good knowledge! I would never have known it without looking it up :laugh:
Paula Rose

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 7:16 am

when the next update?
Trevi

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim