[REL] Cloaks of Skyrim

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 7:57 pm

Should I put {{BASH: Delev, Relev}} tags for your mod for it merge leveled lists in Wrye Bash? Winter is Coming seems to have a patch that makes your two mods work together. I haven't used Winter is Coming yet, so I'll try it out in a bit and see how things look. Amazing work by the way, been enjoying this since it was featured in one of those Skyrim Mod youtube vids.
Alex Vincent

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 8:51 pm

Should I put {{BASH: Delev, Relev}} tags for your mod for it merge leveled lists in Wrye Bash? Winter is Coming seems to have a patch that makes your two mods work together. I haven't used Winter is Coming yet, so I'll try it out in a bit and see how things look. Amazing work by the way, been enjoying this since it was featured in one of those Skyrim Mod youtube vids.

Hey, it is OK to leave it as it is. When rebuilding the bashed patch the levelled lists from active mods are merged. There is no need to use Delev/Relev tags, as I think they only apply when a mod deletes or edits content already in levelled lists. Cloaks of Skyrim only makes additions to the lists, without editing any content already there. Hope that makes sense. :smile:
Marcin Tomkow

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 11:35 pm

Delev tag is used when a mod removes vanilla items from a leveled list and relev is used when it rearranges them. Since this mod just adds new items it doesn't need any tags. :)
TIhIsmc L Griot

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 5:02 pm

Have you thought about adding torn "evil" ones?

i would also, like to know this :D
Paul Rice

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 5:51 pm

i would also, like to know this :biggrin:

What kinda thing do you have in mind when you say 'evil' cloaks?
Lizbeth Ruiz

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 7:35 pm

What kinda thing do you have in mind when you say 'evil' cloaks?

like uhhh tatterd, torn something you might expect a dragon preist to wear ( if they wore them )
Antony Holdsworth

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 5:16 am

Hey, it is OK to leave it as it is. When rebuilding the bashed patch the levelled lists from active mods are merged. There is no need to use Delev/Relev tags, as I think they only apply when a mod deletes or edits content already in levelled lists. Cloaks of Skyrim only makes additions to the lists, without editing any content already there. Hope that makes sense. :smile:
Delev tag is used when a mod removes vanilla items from a leveled list and relev is used when it rearranges them. Since this mod just adds new items it doesn't need any tags. :smile:
That certainly cleared up a huge misconception I've had about those Bash tags. Many thanks for the info!
Daddy Cool!

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 12:47 am

I have a question can you buy cloaks from merchants? or do you have to craft them?
Chloe Yarnall

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 11:32 pm

It would be useful to add keywords to your cloacks. There is no function determining the slot an equipment piece use and all vanilla armor pieces use variuos keywords, being one of them distinctive for the type of equipment.

This could make easier for other mods to work along yours.
Rowena

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 7:16 am

He did, they have a unique combination of ClothingNecklace and ArmorClothing keywords. At least that's how my mod is detecting them.
His Bella

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 2:29 am

So far i like this i crafted cloak,black and enchanted with fortify healing rate and am happy.....good job so far.
Tracy Byworth

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 10:50 pm

He did, they have a unique combination of ClothingNecklace and ArmorClothing keywords. At least that's how my mod is detecting them.
So, it's using two already existing keywords... That explain not appearing any keyword record in the mod details. The problem with this is that other modders need to be aware of this mod, or their mods will mistake the cloaks by necklaces, which obviously is not the will of the autor, considering the use of a different slot.
Sanctum

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 7:07 pm

The mod uses the necklace keyword to enable the cloaks to use the same enchantment types as necklaces. However, as you know, it uses an entirely different body slot, so as not to conflict with other necklaces. Otherwise, I'm sorry, I'm not completely sure what you mean?

In other news, my main HDD has decided to explode. And, as is always the way, it had been a couple of weeks since I'd properly backed up anything mod-related. Oops. Fun times ahead.
Rex Help

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 6:34 am

The problem is not it could conflict with neclaces, is that other mods won't have any way of detect your cloacks as a it's own differenciated equipment type, as there is no way to detect slots in scripts.

If a mod adds one and only one of each equipment type to an object, using keywords (the better way to do that in the case of vanilla objects), your cloacks will be mistaken by necklaces. I was about to do so for a companion mod and decided to change the system preciselly to avoid this kind of conflicts. That didn't meant other modders won't use the same system.

Hope you solve your HDD problem soon.
lucile davignon

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 6:20 am

argh, can't you recover any of your personal data?
Minako

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 12:37 am

Very nice.
Marion Geneste

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 9:25 pm

Any plans for faction capes, capes with different designs, half capes?
Paula Ramos

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 2:08 am

Is there an optional .esp for stormcloacks only?
Alex [AK]

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 7:41 am

The problem is not it could conflict with neclaces, is that other mods won't have any way of detect your cloacks as a it's own differenciated equipment type, as there is no way to detect slots in scripts.

If a mod adds one and only one of each equipment type to an object, using keywords (the better way to do that in the case of vanilla objects), your cloacks will be mistaken by necklaces. I was about to do so for a companion mod and decided to change the system preciselly to avoid this kind of conflicts. That didn't meant other modders won't use the same system.

Hope you solve your HDD problem soon.

Appreciate all your hard work man keep it up!
Music Show

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 1:07 am

Appreciate all your hard work man keep it up!

Thanks muchly!

Update 0.6 is on the way, hopefully tomorrow. Finally both cloak styles will be available to both genders, and a couple more Holds will have cloak-wearing guards.
Camden Unglesbee

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 2:43 am

Thanks for ignoring.
Charity Hughes

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 6:04 am

Thanks for ignoring.

Yikes, easy tiger. I haven't ignored anyone. I just don't have time to reply to every single question, and I haven't managed to even get on this thread to form proper replies for a few days. Give me a chance! :laugh:

To answer your question: No, there is no current optional .esp for Stormcloaks only. No plans for that in the works either, as the mod is currently still being updated regularly, and the more optional files I have, the more over-complicated it gets.
Gwen

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 12:59 am

Ah alright, no problem. Are you going to consider it tho? I always wanted them to have cloacks to live up for their name :P
Skivs

Post » Sun May 27, 2012 5:32 pm

Ah alright, no problem. Are you going to consider it tho? I always wanted them to have cloacks to live up for their name :tongue:

Do you mean consider an .esp where only Stormcloaks wear cloaks and no other NPCs do? The Stormcloaks do already wear Stormcloak-specific cloaks in the mod, if that is what you are wondering?
Jesus Duran

Post » Mon May 28, 2012 2:38 am

Thanks muchly!

Update 0.6 is on the way, hopefully tomorrow. Finally both cloak styles will be available to both genders, and a couple more Holds will have cloak-wearing guards.

Nice, nice, nice, nice, NICE :-)
Rob Davidson

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim