Cumulative Speculation related to TES V #14

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:55 am

Remember this is a speculation thread, not an idea thread, If you want to continue a graphics discussion, please do it in the idea thread. This thread doesn't need to be locked. My response to what you have said will be in the idea thread.

Aye, I moved my response to the idea thread as well. So...Forgive this off topic post please....You can have a cookie.

:cookie:
Kristina Campbell

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:17 pm

DLC, expansions and patches are not games per se. If they are "[making] games" in 2010, then they are making a game in 2010. Pete Hines already said they are hard at work on a new game and not ready to discuss it. This is another piece of evidence that they are making TESV. Besides, they don't have to make games, they can publish them, patch them, update them, etc. But making a game is making a game and that is a horse of a different color. So nyaaah! :meh:

Hence, the title of this thread...

They literally are always making a game. The whole team doesn't work on DLC. When a new game is released. the team is temporarily split in half. One half starts working on the next game while the other half works on DLC, expansions, and patches.
Lexy Corpsey

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:29 am

It seems very unlikely that Bethesda is working on Fallout 4, and it is even more unlikely that they are working on a new series since Fallout is their new series, so could it really be anything other than TES V?

Well yeah but no official information has been released, I would also say Fallout 4 is very unlikely at this point.I think they could possibly be working on TESV but they are keeping silent about any details what-so-ever.
Rob

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:16 am

They literally are always making a game. The whole team doesn't work on DLC. When a new game is released. the team is temporarily split in half. One half starts working on the next game while the other half works on DLC, expansions, and patches.

But its "2010: The Year We Make Games" not "2010: The Year Half of Us Make Games" or "2010: The Year Some of Us Make Games While Others Do Other Interesting Things Like Patching and Making Expansions and DLC..."

They are making games this year. And those games are TESV (collectively) because they can't be any other games. And they almost/practically/somewhat subtely told us.
Jimmie Allen

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:20 am

I've heard TES V will be for this generation of consoles, but could it be for the next? Where is the next generation of consoles? The current generation is about 4 1/2 years old.
herrade

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:05 pm

I've heard TES V will be for this generation of consoles, but could it be for the next? Where is the next generation of consoles? The current generation is about 4 1/2 years old.

That might be realistic for the earliest estimates of next gen releases, but not for the late estimates: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6234558.html. After all, who wants to wait till 2018 for TESV?
Kay O'Hara

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:16 am

This generation of consoles is relatively youg the release of the next generation anytime soon is highly unlikely.So TESV should be out i think in this wave of consoles.
Solina971

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:56 am

Microsoft and Sony both said that this generation of consoles will last about 10 years. So it's most likely that TES V will be for this generation of consoles.
Breanna Van Dijk

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:48 pm

That might be realistic for the earliest estimates of next gen releases, but not for the late estimates: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6234558.html. After all, who wants to wait till 2018 for TESV?

Game consoles are going to be too far behind in graphics.
Stephani Silva

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:57 am

The idea that it is impossible for TESV to be announced, even released in 2010 is unrealistic. After all, Bethesda released Fallout 3 only two years after Oblivion (regardless of DLC/expansions). It could release TESV two years after Fallout 3 (late this year) and make it better than Fallout 3, and much better than Oblivion. So don't abandon all hope, not yet anyway.
Roberto Gaeta

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:47 pm

Game consoles maybe, but that's why we have the computer, the wonderful machine that can be updated with the needs of the developers. So yeah, you need not worry.
Sheila Esmailka

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:00 am

I doubt it the last games in a consoles life puts a nice stretch on what can be done Final Fantasy XII was beautiful on PS2 for example, you may be surprised.
Laura Elizabeth

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:41 am

"Too" is a relative term. If TESV has the same graphics as Fallout 3, I will be satisfied. But, perhaps, the PC version will just have better graphics than the consoles versions (no biggie to me). But lets try not to go too much in the graphics discussion because that belongs in a different thread. My main point is that perhaps Bethesda will focus more on gameplay than graphics, thus making graphics limitations not a huge obstacle for making TESV on current generation consoles, thus not elimitating the possibility for TESV to be released sooner rather than later.
Ruben Bernal

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:33 am

"Too" is a relative term. If TESV has the same graphics as Fallout 3, I will be satisfied. But, perhaps, the PC version will just have better graphics than the consoles versions (no biggie to me). But lets try not to go too much in the graphics discussion because that belongs in a different thread. My main point is that perhaps Bethesda will focus more on gameplay than graphics, thus making graphics limitations not a huge obstacle for making TESV on current generation consoles, thus not elimitating the possibility for TESV to be released sooner rather than later.

Yes because no matter how "pretty" people want it it does not make the game good.Fallout3 graphics level should do just fine for TESV.
Sasha Brown

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:01 pm

Yes because no matter how "pretty" people want it it does not make the game good.Fallout3 graphics level should do just fine for TESV.

I agree, but that discussion belongs in http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1065099. Please, let us not get this thread locked again... :cold:
Tamika Jett

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:27 am

I agree, but that discussion belongs in http://www.gamesas.com/bgsforums/index.php?showtopic=1065099. Please, let us not get this thread locked again... :cold:

Indeed. Off topic comments will result in warnings.
Bethany Watkin

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:37 am

Personally, I am more optimistic than some other people. I think that TESV will be announced this year and released next year. I don't think they are waiting for the next wave of consoles. Do you really think that developers will not release any new games in 2010, 2011, 2012, etc because of this?
Hope Greenhaw

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:33 am

I don't think they are waiting for the next wave of consoles.

Neither do I.
Lauren Dale

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:59 am

Neither do I.

Oh see the pattern already! They always go into next generation with each of the games and they won't drop it just because MS chooses to sit on their hands and stuff their wallets with x360 buys (which is actually understandable since MS lost so much on the original xbox and the x360's launch). The devs will however not abandon their fans no matter how misguided they are, so they wait:P

EDIT: Oh, and look at http://news.spong.com/article/18240/New-Xbox-720-Natal-Not-for-the-hardcoe , this is the latest news I've found.
how solid

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:19 am

The patterns are there to change them as needed. There was only 4 years between the first and the second XBox. But if there is going to be anything between 6 and 12 years between the second and the third XBox the patterns may well have to change to suit the needs of both developers and gamers.
Emma Louise Adams

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:37 am

So.. its a AMD... No way am I buying that. (That also explains the Red Ring of Death). I realy dont suggest Bethesda wait for that piece of crap.
Dominic Vaughan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:36 am

Well I think that we should wait for Fallout: New Vegas.

Why?

I know that F: NV is not developed by Bethesda itself - Obsidian is developer, but the're using Gamebryo engine (oh c'mon people Bethesda will use this engine AGAIN in next game and i think it'll be TESV - look at job opportunites... "Experience with The Elder Scrolls Construction Set or GECK a plus" in most of them). Anyway, when Obsidian is working on F: NV they also extend Gamebryo engine in some way. I think that some of this "extend ideas" Bethesda will use in TESV.
Big Homie

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:01 am

I can speak for the PS3 (but not the xbox360) when i say that this generation of consoles is strong enough to hold-up on an intensive graphics game, thus beth has only scratched the surface of what the ps3 can accomplish, i'm not saying that the ps3 has better graphics than an optimum computer, i'm just saying that they wouldn't be waiting for the ps4 as the ps3 is strong enough for most things beth can throw at it.
Rodney C

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:14 pm

The game will probably be announced with the launch of the 2nd book.
Jade Barnes-Mackey

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:20 pm

Microsoft and Sony both said that this generation of consoles will last about 10 years. So it's most likely that TES V will be for this generation of consoles.

Just because they said they are going to last ten years doesn't mean they are going to be the latest generation for ten years. The Playstation 2 lasted for far over its lifespan because of Sony and developers' support but it was not the latest Sony console.

What I expect is that they plan to release new consoles rather soon but still support their old ones rather heavily so that they can make the most money out of them as they can. This is because both the Xbox 360 and Playstation 3 were rather large money sinks to the companies at the beginning of their lives, whereas the Wii was a huge success and made far more money than Nintendo put into it. The 260 and PS3 are still struggling to make a profit, especially in the face of setbacks like the red ring or the PS3's high price tag that plagued them for so long.

I am not sure if we will see TESV on this generation or the next. Both the 360 and PS3 have a lot to offer still, both graphically and hardware. What some people fail to understand is that, despite having worse hardware than a computer, a console has much less work to do because it has no (or few, as most of today's consoles have a sort of desktop running in the background) programs running in the background. They can devote the majority of their power to running the games they play. Proper optimization can make use of this and make a 3+ year old console run a brand new game as if the console had never aged. Hell, just look at Halo 2 on the Xbox. It pushed it to it's limit (so much so that the cutscenes had to load in 4 parts and you could see that loading at the beginning of the scene) and the game looked beautiful on a console where Halo:Combat Evolved once looked great.

I don't believe that there should be any limitation to having another TES game on modern consoles, but Bethesda may also be negotiating with Microsoft or Sony such that their game would be a release title on their newest systems, as with Oblivion (well, almost if it weren't for the delays).
Jeffrey Lawson

PreviousNext

Return to The Elder Scrolls Series Discussion