[RELz] Morrowind Overhaul - Sounds & Graphics 2.0

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 3:51 am

sorry for the double post but this has really buggered up.

Cant seem to find ANY morrowind executeable or uninstall program.

If i delete everything to do with Morrowind, can i download it again from steam without charge?

EDIT: when i open the launcher and open DATA files, nothing appears
SEXY QUEEN

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 4:30 am

So whats the word on installing other mods ontop of this compilation?

I've already added MCA.... seems to be working fine. Just wondering before I go nuts on all my must have mods.
Elina

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 11:15 pm

Still looking for answer on whether or not installing it with the current one in place will be okay or not.
Yonah

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 10:41 am

So whats the word on installing other mods ontop of this compilation?

I've already added MCA.... seems to be working fine. Just wondering before I go nuts on all my must have mods.

MGSO is specifically for sounds and graphics. As long as your other mods don't conflict with the sound and graphics mods in this compilation, it should be no different than running any other two mods together.

sorry for the double post but this has really buggered up.

Cant seem to find ANY morrowind executeable or uninstall program.

If i delete everything to do with Morrowind, can i download it again from steam without charge?

EDIT: when i open the launcher and open DATA files, nothing appears

Always, ALWAYS mention that you are running the Steam version first when requesting help.

Still looking for answer on whether or not installing it with the current one in place will be okay or not.

I don't see any problem with installing this over the previous version, but don't run both .esps at the same time.
Melis Hristina

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 3:02 am

MGSO is specifically for sounds and graphics. As long as your other mods don't conflict with the sound and graphics mods in this compilation, it should be no different than running any other two mods together.

Always, ALWAYS mention that you are running the Steam version first when requesting help.

I don't see any problem with installing this over the previous version, but don't run both .esps at the same time.

ok, first time doing something like this so :tongue:

i've decided to re-install morrowind to see if that will work

EDIT: reinstalled it, and ive gotten to step 22. on the youtube guide video, and its saying that one of MGE's files is missing and that i need to reinstall it.

could someone send me sit? i dont want to register for the site to download it
stevie critchley

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 8:00 pm

Check the official http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1240985-morrowind-graphics-extender-mge/ for any files you're missing.
celebrity

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 5:56 am

But, doesn't MGSO use MGEXE? Not the same as MGE.

Stuart, you need to be sure you've read all the info on Steam installs. The programs can all be used, but directory paths are different.
Rich O'Brien

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 9:36 am

But, doesn't MGSO use MGEXE? Not the same as MGE.

Stuart, you need to be sure you've read all the info on Steam installs. The programs can all be used, but directory paths are different.

yeah im clicking on the MGEXE gui, but its saying and MGE file is missing
Wanda Maximoff

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 7:54 pm

Just a guess here, but that may be because MGE is installed in a directory that is unexpected. Where is your Morrowind installed and where is MGEXE installed?
Mimi BC

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 10:41 pm

Just a guess here, but that may be because MGE is installed in a directory that is unexpected. Where is your Morrowind installed and where is MGEXE installed?

morrowind is installed in my STEAM folder in my program files. And the only thing with MGE says a folder called mge3, which is inside the morrowind folder.
it contains only something named "No Read-Only" and "MGE XE Default Statics Classifiers.ovr.

when i search for MGE, only MGE XE stuff comes up.

EDIT: ive found MGE stuff. I went to MGSOO>Options>MGE_MO.

Theres 5 things with MGE.

MGE_3_0b
MGE_178
MGE_MO
MGE_MO_NF
MGE_NO

and the MGE_XE

EDIT2: i just tried to open up MGEgui (like the video guide says on step 22. and i get a message saying ive to install MGE to the morrowind directory.
Matthew Warren

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 10:11 pm

Hey I'm downloading this package right now...going to be installing it in the next few days (waiting to order some new parts first and will be reinstalling Win7 64) and was wondering if you are supposed to install the unofficial patch before this. Any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance :D Really looking forward to trying this btw...just been waiting for a fresh install of windows lol.
Krystina Proietti

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 11:04 pm

I couldn't even guess, then. I'm sure someone will be able to help you, though.
Bambi

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 7:19 pm

I couldn't even guess, then. I'm sure someone will be able to help you, though.

do you think if i downloaded MGE it would work?
Mr.Broom30

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 7:46 pm

so i downloaded DX9, using the link on the installation guide, and i got a whole load of stuff on my desktop, dating from 2005 all the way upto 2011

There will be an executable in that mess of files. Click on that and it will install the package on your computer, all you have done at this point is unpack the file. After that you can delete the stuff from four desktop. Try unpacking files into a folder instead of the desktop, it will keep things easier.
Big Homie

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 1:06 am

Hey I'm downloading this package right now...going to be installing it in the next few days (waiting to order some new parts first and will be reinstalling Win7 64) and was wondering if you are supposed to install the unofficial patch before this. Any help would be appreciated...thanks in advance :biggrin: Really looking forward to trying this btw...just been waiting for a fresh install of windows lol.
It should be above it in the load order, but they shouldn't affect one another at all. MGSO is a sounds and graphics mod. MPP fixes quests and dialogs.

do you think if i downloaded MGE it would work?

I couldn't say. I have both on my machine, but I only use MGEXE now.

There will be an executable in that mess of files. Click on that and it will install the package on your computer, all you have done at this point is unpack the file. After that you can delete the stuff from four desktop. Try unpacking files into a folder instead of the desktop, it will keep things easier.

I think he's past that part, but I could be wrong.
Laura Cartwright

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 8:25 pm

It should be above it in the load order, but they shouldn't affect one another at all. MGSO is a sounds and graphics mod. MPP fixes quests and dialogs.

I couldn't say. I have both on my machine, but I only use MGEXE now.

I think he's past that part, but I could be wrong.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=409C4kWjzjg&feature=g-hist&context=G2d2c285AHTvJaegAAAA watch this video, im at part 22, which is around 4:38 in.

Ive just used Mlox.exe and updated the load order. Now i need to run MGE(XE)gui.
FITTAS

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 7:50 am

I have an idea on the issue, that could be the xe water.fx file tweaked.
I tested it on some pcs and all went fine, but I guess it's a problem on some configurations.
Try to use this XE_Water.fx file. http://moautoupdate.net/mgso/XE_Water.rar
Put it in the data files\shaders folder and overwrite. :smile:

Nice fix! While this allowed me to run fine with Dynamic Ripples on...there is still the problem of swimming underwater which pulls my frames down into the single digits :(

Any ideas on that one? I'm thinking it's the caustics.
Yung Prince

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 7:53 am

Good luck!
jesse villaneda

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 7:55 pm

Im scared to do anything incase i break it even more :/ hopefully kingpix gives a reply.
Steven Hardman

Post » Mon May 07, 2012 7:05 pm

I have been getting a weird error saying "There has been a problem during the opening of the Morrowind Code Patch. Please make sure that Morrowind Code Patch.exe is in the Morrowind folder. If the problem persists contact the support!"

Since it has kept on doing this, I decided to do what the error message says since I extracted the archive correctly.

This always happens after I start the automatic installer, and after this message, it launches the code patch, but nothing else.

After I then manually do the install, and I get the error: Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_common_1.

When I start a new game and it crashes.
Hayley O'Gara

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 1:59 am

I have a deployment coming up and this has just given me a good reason to dig up my copy of morrowind! Thanks to everybody that made this possible!
Angela Woods

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 9:51 am

Im scared to do anything incase i break it even more :/ hopefully kingpix gives a reply.
You don't have to follow that video, it's old.
Simply run the automatic installation.

I have been getting a weird error saying "There has been a problem during the opening of the Morrowind Code Patch. Please make sure that Morrowind Code Patch.exe is in the Morrowind folder. If the problem persists contact the support!"

Since it has kept on doing this, I decided to do what the error message says since I extracted the archive correctly.

This always happens after I start the automatic installer, and after this message, it launches the code patch, but nothing else.

After I then manually do the install, and I get the error: Not able to find Foot part in BC_shoes_common_1.

When I start a new game and it crashes.
Use this fixed installer: http://forum.rpgitalia.net/viewtopic.php?t=24140
;)

Nice fix! While this allowed me to run fine with Dynamic Ripples on...there is still the problem of swimming underwater which pulls my frames down into the single digits :(

Any ideas on that one? I'm thinking it's the caustics.
Update: http://morrowindoverhaul.rpgitalia.net/news/update-2-0-1-the-first-one

@All: http://morrowindoverhaul.rpgitalia.net/news/update-2-0-1-the-first-one
Check out the post! ;)
Zosia Cetnar

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 8:14 am

Wow, works perfectly now, thank you Kingpix!
Dina Boudreau

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 5:32 am

Since the very first release of this project, I've never seen such quality customer support. Truly admirable, KingPix.
Cheryl Rice

Post » Tue May 08, 2012 9:56 am

The updater works fine, patch works also...everything is fine and an fps-hit is also noticable! Mr. KingPix, Chapeau! Great work!
Mandy Muir

PreviousNext

Return to III - Morrowind