Sigma Squad

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:59 pm

(OOC: ROFL, I made an assumption from the name, sorry, will change. You sure he didn't get a six change during the flight? lol jk. Maybe while I'm at it I should start saying things like, "Jasper, being the guy that he is, fired her gun in the air." lawlz)
Sunnii Bebiieh

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:23 am

Terror gripped Shepherd as the team advanced through the chilling metal corridors. He took a drink from his canteen - water. The tasteless liquid felt strange in his mouth. He longed for the taste of alcohol, a bottle of vodka to wash away this haunting reality. He gripped the laser rifle tightly, his finger poised on the trigger. He preferred the fast rate of fire and ammo capacity of the laser rifle over the plasma rifle. The familiar weapon felt warm in his hands.

Then, a beast leapt from the darkness. Not taking a moment to identify it, Shepherd sank two shots from his rifle into the creatures shoulder. At the same time the captain hit the attackers head with deadly efficiency, and the mutant retreated. Shepherd lowered his weapon, his breathing deep, his heart pounding. He was glad for the helmet he wore - for the first time since his first days of Talon company, his face betrayed his fear.
Cartoon

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:40 pm

Isaac watched the mutant attack and then retreat from the back of the group. In the tight confinement of the Vault he'd have no place to get a clean shot without risking hitting a teammate, so he shouldered his Gauss Rifle and pulled out his sidearm. Peering into the dimly lit Vault interior, Isaac tried to make out any other figures coming to welcome him. He turned so he was back to back with Captain Granger, covering Sigma's rear.

"Captain, what the hell was that, some sort of Yao Gaui?" He asked quietly.
Flutterby

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:48 am

"No, that is no Yao Guai," John tried to reach someone on his radio, only static, John heard crying around the corner, and he snuck around to see 2 men in lab coats as one killed himself, "God damnit! What is this [censored]," he grabbed the other man, "You are coming with us, ass hole." john sprinted out of the vault and wasn't suprised when his 2 pilot's guts were spewed across the windshield of the vertibird, he through the man inside and waited till the entire team got onboard and booked it back to base, to regroup, acces the situation and find out what the [censored] just happened.

"We are going back there guys, do don't get your hopes up, I'm just trying to figure out what to do next," John glanced over to the scientist who was sobbing in the corner, "You have a lot of explaing to do."

Those things had gotten out of the Vault for sure, as John was hearing pvssyr all over the radio, a whole bunch of screaming and confusion.

((Sorry I'm rushing these posts, i'm just trying to bring this RP back to life, and don't worry it is no where near over, and btw do you guys like it so far?))
Chris BEvan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:26 am

Sandra was rushing ahead of the rest of the squad, trying to keep them informed, she had noticed many 'failed experiments' half mutated humans, freaks and abominations, just as she slowed down a giant hulking brute grabbed her with both his hands. "Me Like!" he excalaimed shaking her "Not Today Freakjob" she said unsheathing one of her swords and lodging it inside his head, sandra had never met a head she couldnt chop, she felt angry with herself before realising that she had to get this info back to the rest of the squad, the sounds of small shots and controlled laser fire burst rang throughout her earpiece, she continued back though the winding twisting corridoors of the vault.

Blobs of sludge hit the walls around her, this place was a nightmare, as she ran another giant came out of another corridoor and started shooting at her, sandra leapt into the air and bought her blades down on his skull, coming through right to his chest, she wedged them out and felt a splash on her back, then it started to burn, she looked back whilst placing one blade on her back and pulling out her pistol, by the time she had stopped spinning, she released a quick burst of fire, shattering the Centaur like glass, the acidic sludge was burning through her back and she needed some medical assistance, she continued running and soon met up with the rest of the squad, she grimaced as they greeted her before falling to her knees and putting her head down so her back would become visible. Sandra thought about what had just happened, she had fought centaurs before and their sludge didnt hurt this much last time, it was like her back was on fire.

As shepard did his work, the rest of the team created a circle around her, fighting off the stay mutant here or there, when the doctor was done, sandra stood up and thanked him, slipping him a small flask of whiskey she had been saving for when the mission was over, she winked at him and continued to talk to john.

"Sir, they are everywhere, i killed two and a centaur, but i saw atleast 40 more before my cloaking ran out, and that was just on this level, according to the 'LIMITED' scematics we have there are atleast another 3 levels, are you sure we can continue at this rate?" she said gesturing to her back...
Marina Leigh

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:13 am

I cursed at Sandra's info, I sighed and decided it was time to speak up, "Uh, sir, well, everyone?" I muttered out, just loud enough for the others to hear, they turned to me. I cleared my throat, "Last night I managed to hook up a device that should allow all the technology to short out temporarily, but when it comes back online I should be able to hack into the system, activiating the emergency protocols. The only downside is that we'll be stuck in darkness for about 10 minutes, anyone want to take the risk or what?"

I then sighed and waited to hear what they'd say to my plan. It was flimsy and could go seriously wrong, but if it went right the gain would immense...
Dan Endacott

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:27 pm

Jasper

He considered his squadmates plan for a second.

"It sounds risky... Whats your name? I didn't catch it before. Anyhow, how did you hook it up? Have we got any Night Vision? We could bring in some flashlights and try to sneak past some. Still is pretty risky. Maybe storm the place after the lights go back on and catch them with their pants down?"
Danny Blight

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:27 am

I looked at the man and started to smile, "Name's Benjamin, Ben for short, I understand what your saying, oh and I didn't catch your name either...?" I said to him, moving a bit closer to him and extending my hand.
Kortknee Bell

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:52 am

Jasper

"Jasper" he said, taking Bens hand in his, "Jasper Graham, Scout. Nice to meet you."
Dawn Farrell

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:21 pm

I grinned at him, another newcomer, "Well, Jasper, don't know if anyone's said this to you but welcome to Sigma, I haven't seen you around," I muttered to him, starting to chuckle, "It seemed like we had everything easy before this... Really, I don't know if I want to risk my plan, if things go wrong we're [censored] but if it goes right we'll be laughing..." I whispered to him, worry coating my eyes. "It doesn't matter though, we'll have to wait and see what everyone thinks, cause I can't make the decision myself."
Marcus Jordan

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:52 pm

((OOC: Weren't we back at base now? Perhaps Dan could edit that post and put it after all this...)

Shepherd stared at the flask Sandra had given him. He had been longing for a drink, but now he had one he was unsure what to think. He liked to think he was resisting the urge, but he knew that he was going to drink the whiskey eventually. Removing his helmet, he unscrewed the lid and slid the fiery liquid down his throat, oblivious to the others conversation.
David John Hunter

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:24 pm

((OOC: you posts can be about what happened inside the vault just end them with you guys leaving))
kirsty joanne hines

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:57 am

Raven Heard Ben's plan and it filled him with a deep terror more powerfull than he had ever felt, during his time With the Enclave he had fought Deathclaws, Centaurs, The Pride and even Behemoths and stood his ground. The long dark of Vault 87 though, this made him cower and crave for saftey and security of the light. Raven assessed his progress so far, he had made contact with a mutant via his machette seven times doing little more than scaring them away, he had also unloaded an entire 10mm clip to much the same effect, they seemed invunerable. He looked down at Sandras wound, it had hit her squarely between the shoulders and had burned her deepley, it would remind her of this battle for the rest of her life, if any of them made it out. " Your in good hands Sandra, Dr Shepard did the patch up work on yours truely here, saved my life that day and he did it drunk as a jester, imageine what he can do for you sober. These mutants have nothing on us, makes that training mission seem like the purifier in comparisson." Raven did his best to sounded confident, but just on the edge of his voice the was a note of fear and nervousness. Raven knew sandra was calm and confident as always, she exuded it like the radiation of a glowing one. no it was the Enclaves most feared sniper, proffessional torturer who could fell a man with a single punch who was scared like a child. Gladstone thought maybe if he could convince Sadra everything was alrigth he himself would belive it.
Queen of Spades

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:28 pm

Hearing his name, Shepherd looked up. He smiled at Raven's comments. "Glad I could be of service." He re-screwed the cap onto the flask. Sandra's burns looked worse than they really were - the power armour had managed to stop the worst of the chemical. Still, he had removed the hazardous substance to end the exposure and administered a stimpack and some radaway, as well as applying some dressing to try and minimize friction between the affected area and Sandra's armour.

"I think we should return to base, for now. Ben, your device will have to wait until our return, right now we need to return to base and make sure Sandra's injuries aren't any worse than my first impression. Also, if we can anolyze the chemical, we may have a better idea of what we're up against." He said, collecting some of the sludge in an empty syringe. "Here, Sandra." he said, returning the flask. "I won't be needing any more of this."
Darren

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:56 am

(Edit: No point in keeping this up, I put all this time into it for no reason.)
Gracie Dugdale

Previous

Return to Fallout Series Discussion