Sigma Squad

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:19 am

I followed after Sandra and Raven, I heard everything he'd said to her. I now understood everything that was going on, I bit my lip. I knew the honorable thing to do for the Enclave would be to say something about this. But I knew I wouldn't, doing that to Raven would just be stupid. He was a good friend, someone I could trust. I waited to see what would happen, I didn't even know if they'd noticed me yet. I just stood behind them, waiting.
Rinceoir

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:49 am

"you... you think you wont be remembered for the things you do" she said looking down slowly raising her face to him.

"Try being daughter to a 4 star general in the private employ of the president himself, try having a brother who is a war hero, and try having everything you do, quashed the second other people hear about it," she said with her heart aching

"When i was accepted into the enclave forces, there was about one miniute of celebration, untill word came that my father would lead an attack on Midwestern BoS, when i became a fourth class cheif warrant officer, it was forgotten when my brother returned from a campaign, where he lost half of his platoon, EVERY TIME I DO ANYTHING, IT IS FORGOTTEN IN AN INSTANT, when i told my father i was joining the sigma squad, he cnogratulated me, then went off to get a promotion." her eyes started to fill with tears, and her voice started to get angrier, and angrier.

"You think that you will be remembered as the guy who shoots with isaac, i will not be rememberd for my 17 campaigns, i will not be remembered for my 0% mortality rate with platoons under my command, NO, on my grave stone it will say, Sandra Marcelline, Daughter of Archibald Marcelline, 5 star general, sister of Andrew Marcelline, War Hero." the tears had stopped and anger had taken full hold over her body.

"You may be old raven, you may be forgotten, but i will always be remembered as the runt, as the person who did nothing in comparision, WHY DO YOU THINK I TAKE THESE SUICIDAL JOBS" her face was red and her hand was clenched on her sword.

"I TAKE THEM SO I WILL BE REMEMERED AS THE PERSON WHO GAVE HER LIFE PROTECTING THE ENCLAVE, SO THAT MY FATHER AND MY BROTHER WILL [censored] GIVE ME A SECOND GLANCE"

"SO THAT I WILL BE REMEMERED AS SOMETHING OTHER THAN NOBODY.. you may be forgotten, but i will always be rememered as a nobody." with that she pushed raven away and started to run off, she passed isaac still standing there confused, she ran into her quaters grabbed her other sword and walked off into the wasteland. To try to clear her head.
Emma Louise Adams

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:33 pm

I watched Sandra storm off, I was speechless. I didn't know what to do, I watched Raven standing there. I shook my head and walked away, I was worried. The two best soldiers in our squad were angry at the whole damn system. I shuddered, if our best people could end up like this... I walked into my quarters, grabbed my armor and weapons and put it all on. My room mate was watching me, but before he could ask anything I walked off. I walked from one end of the base to the other, trying to clear my head.

I noticed Sandra storm out into the Wastes, I shook my head, I don't know why. I felt like following her, but I didn't, for the moment. I watched her walk for a bit, then I sighed, I just couldn't leave her go alone. I followed her at a distance, watching what she did. She didn't seem in the mood to talk to anyone. So I sighed, then stayed where I was. I was in the wasteland, but I could find my way back to the base fine enough. I just didn't move, I stood in the one spot. Thinking, looking at the moon and stars above me. I closed my eyes and just stayed there, wondering what I should do.

I took off my helmet and looked around me, seeing the destruction of the wastes. I felt tears coat my eyes, I wasn't saddened by the fact that I wouldn't be remembered, it was by the fact of all the destruction of everything. There was nothing left, just, death. Why were we even here? Why were we even killing everyone? I shook my head, remembering my family, I fell to the ground for a moment and bowed my head. I sighed and got back up a minute later, I trekked my way back to the base, walking slowly, looking at all the dead things around me.

I made it back to my quarters in about 10 minutes, I chucked off my armor and weapons and stuffed it into my locker. I fell onto my bed and fell asleep. I dreamt of darkness, old memories and new ones. I stirred at the slightest noises, but otherwise I slept.
Trevi

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:31 am

That wasnt quite the response Raven had been expecting. He knew it would be folly to chase her and try and calm her down, but the fire of rage Isaac had sparked inside him was spreading into a blaze bitter enough to destroy Sigma, he couldnt and wouldnt let that happen, they were to good for that. Raven stomped past ben standing stupified by the door. " Don't follow, I have a deep respect for you and consider you a true freind but if you follow me this time you will forever be a co-worker nothing more. Raven stormed off to his room he picked up a clear holodisk recorder and started playing it. " This is the last will and testimant of Raven Amidaeus Gladstone..........." Raven recorded the message and mediatated for the mission ahead and the defineing moment of a long road.
Johanna Van Drunick

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:42 am

((Guys remeber Isaac outranks you right now, and Is It Just Me? please change your post you can't be 47 we would have known that.))

John was going to try and get some sleep, well I guess thats impossible now "God damit," he said struggling to get out of bed, John walked down the hall and yelled into everyone's rooms, "Meeting hall now!!" he waited until everyone was assembled. "Alright its late I want to go to sleep, we have the [censored] mission tomorrow and all of you are acting like a bunch of 9 year old girls! I mean really Raven stop your whining! Issac is a good soldier and won't be replacing you in anyway, did you ever notice that I carry a sniper to? Another thing, if any of you decide to, "take one for the team" I will have your body taken to the deathclaws just for fun, and believe me, you don't want to die by the hands of whatever is down in that vault, if the scouting reports are correct."

"Issac is here and you people better get used to it, or I will personally shove a gatling laser up your [censored]."
TOYA toys

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:44 am

" What happend to no rank in Sigma, I dont give a damned if this guys does outrank me, he has a whole career ahead of him to build up memories for himself you should understand this more than anyone Captain. Ill tolerate him in the team but im not carrying him, I have worked my entire life for this opportunity and Captain Ill be a gouhl before I allow myself to be pushed around by people with less combat experience in there entire lives than I have seen in one year. You may outrank me but I'll choose how and when i die." This is what Ravenwould liked to have said but it would have been unwise to the extreme so he justde bowed to the captain and said " yes sir, Isaac i'm sorry I lost my temper. " Raven meant everyword he said and Isaac would get no preferential treatment from the ageing soldier.

OOC: 39 better??..... and if i do duck out I assure you its down to homework Im right in the middle of the part of school that determines unis so I dont want to fall behind and if that means giving up this great Rp then thats an unfortuante scarifice ill have to make
Jade Payton

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:16 pm

((OOC: how does he outrank us, he just showed up, and he created his account like 2 days ago unless you are controlling him... normally you dont let people in when we are like 6 pages into an rp no offence))
Melanie

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:36 pm

OOC: they know eachother personaly, its his choice ultimately.
Doniesha World

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:04 pm

((Yea hes a friend and a good RPer))
suniti

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:38 am

Jalen grumbled when he heard about the commotion. He walked towards the noise and saw a new soldier. A sniper. Jalen walked up to the man. "Hey, isn't Raven the sniper in this squad?" Jalen did not like the new man. He seemed snobbish and stuck up which was not good for a soldier. The whole time Jalen gave him a hard fierce look.
Lisa Robb

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:17 pm

Isaac took in the events of the night with nary a word. He was a man of solitude and silence, but he was deeply hurt by what had just occurred. His last intention was to put his new teammate in a situation like he had. He left Raven and the others without saying a word. In John's quarters, he undressed and laid down on his cot, trying to clear his mind. He took a hit of Jet and whipped out an old spiral notebook.

In the torn notebook was a journal, one that he had kept since his earliest years in the Enclave. He flipped to the first page and read what he had written some three years ago.

....saw another guy get selected for Sigma. Jesus, what I'd give to be part of that squad...

Isaac's eyes teared up and he hurled the notebook across the room at the opposite wall, watching the papers fly as it came to slump on top of John's footlocker. It wasn't worth it; ruining another soldier's career, getting the entire group angry, and having all the responsibility John had left on him. But he couldn't just quit, he had only been a part of Sigma for twenty minutes. Yet, in those twenty minutes he had already split the group.

The Jet was starting to take effect now, Isaac felt his muscles spasm and then relax, and he suddenly felt quite calm. However, he was still upset and he knew that he wouldn't be able to sleep. He reached into his footlocker for a bottle of whiskey and downed it in one gulp.

"Goodnight chair, goodnight footlocker, goodnight moon." Isaac mumbled, paraphrasing a book he had read in childhood. "And goodnight sadness. May you show your ugly face...hic....tomorrow!"
Dan Endacott

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:59 am

I suddenly woke at what I perceived to be 3 in the morning. I yawned, I hadn't gotten much sleep but it would do. I collected my equipment and committed myself to roaming the halls. I knew that Sandra and Raven were probably not going to want to talk for a time now. I understood their side of view completely, still only being a rook myself. I sighed, this is what it had all come down to. I found a bench and sat down, rubbing my temples. I started muttering something from my past, something my father had taught me. "...Want to set the world, on, fire. I just want to start, a flame in your heart. In my heart I have but one, de-sire..." I felt tears in the sides of my eyes, I bowed my head.

"What are the odds of me living?" I muttered aloud, "Oh, I'd say about, 100:1, death's one hundred of course." I rasped out a laugh and sat there. I knew that no one else would be awake, except maybe Sandra, but she wouldn't be in the mood for anything right now. I sighed, staring at the floor. "If I get a chance, I'll show them that death won't come swiftly to us, theirs gotta be some way..." I started, the Captain had mentioned something about a vault.

I stormed back into the room and got as much equipment as I could out of my locker, I went back to the bench about 200 metres away and I started working. Anyone that might've walked past wouldn't have a clue what I was doing, but I hoped that this would be appreciated.
Jacob Phillips

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:44 am

Isaac awoke in the middle of the night with a blaring headache. Ugh, why do I always drown my problems in alcohol? He asked himself. Still in his sleep clothes, he got up and started roaming the halls. Maybe a little walk is all I need to put this behind me, he thought. Though it's not very likely.

Isaac was startled to see someone alone at a workbench when he walked into the common room. He squinted to see the figure in the low light. Isaac walked over and sat down on a bench behind his teammate.

"Ben, is that you? Jesus man it's three in the morning." He chuckled. "Is everyone in Sigma a crazy SOB?"
Marine Arrègle

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:50 am

I looked up at the person behind me, it was Isaac, I laughed, "Well, we're all crazy to even be in the Enclave sometimes, it's all suicide missions that, never return-scouting trips this," I grinned, "I can't sleep so what are the odds I'm going to just stay there? I'm always happy when I'm doing something to do with technology." I thought it through, "Isaac, you know you've stirred up a lot of emotions in Raven and Sandra's angry as well now," I grimaced, "Kid, you've stirred up the hornet's nest."
sam

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:36 am

"Hell if I don't know that." Isaac replied. "I've been stirring up trouble since the minute I got here. I want to serve the Enclave, but I'm not stepping on anybody's toes here. Raven's my senior post, and I'm not going to take precedent over him, even if John wants me too. I have the feeling that this mission means more to him then it means to me."

Isaac stood up and peered over Ben's shoulder. "Say, what are you making there anyway?"
Emily Rose

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:41 am

I took a step back and showed him, but obviously I realised no one would ever actually get it, "It's a kind of hacking bomb, I'd guess you'd say, when I heard Jon mention a vault, I realised that if I could come up with something that could scramble the system and let me get in I might be able to do something," I looked at his expression and laughed, "Not many people know I have a brain, but it's actually my specialty, I may be able to do almost anything but science.. Ahh, my favourite subject." I grinned and continued working on my own little creation.

I was doing well but I was missing something, to which I cursed, "Gah, I don't have a pulse trigger, hey, Isaac, you wouldn't perchance know where I could get something like that?"
Tiffany Carter

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:23 am

Isaac thought about the request. He knew what a pulse trigger was, it was the main component of...a fusion pulse reactor! Of course! "Yes, I think I can get you one of those." Isaac ran down the dimly lit hallway until he came to the Robotics Lab. Inside there were dozens of Protectrons and Robobrains, all plugged into the walls, charging. In front of the long rows of robots, Isaac found the Control terminal.

Punching in his Enclave password, Isaac opened up the control panels and decommissioned a Robobrain in the corner of the room. It's pale glowing light that filled its brain cavity instantly shut off. Isaac opened up the back of the now-defunct robot and pulled out a blue cylinder from it's main body.

A few moments later, Isaac was back with Ben. "They'll probably kill me for this, but here you go. You're not the only one who knows a little about science." Isaac put the cylinder down on the table and twisted the endcap. He then turned it upside down and dropped a pulse trigger onto the workbench. "See, the pulse trigger keeps the Robobrain from revolting. When the fusion pulse reactor senses the robot becoming too self-aware, it detonates to destroy the AI." Isaac chuckled. "Maybe we can tell Command that this one was malfunctioning."
Cat Haines

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:22 pm

I looked up at Isaac, I understood why Raven would be worried about this guy, he was smart. I grinned at him, "Thanks, now hopefully I can give us a chance of living in a Vault if that's where we're heading," I gave him a worried smile, "I hope you don't get in trouble either, but I have something more important to tell you as well," I muttered moving closer to him, "I don't know what Raven will do to you if he gets a chance, be careful, your a good kid, but you have to understand that he wants to be remembered, please don't take that from him," I whispered in his ear, I then backed off a bit, taking the Pulse Trigger and starting to install it into my makeshift hacking system.

I looked up at him, I sighed, "Come over here, I could use some help from someone else who understands electronics, if you can install the Pulse Trigger I can start working on the actual charge," I said to him, hoping he would, I needed help otherwise I'd be stuck here for the rest of the morning.
Courtney Foren

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:35 am

Isaac nodded. He would remember to stay out of the way of Raven during the mission.

Studying the device for a moment, Isaac paused and then clicked his teeth together, a nervous habit of his. "Okay, it appears as if I'll have to attach the trigger directly to the charge. I can do it pretty easily, but it's only a soldering trick, and it will be quite fragile." Isaac fumbled with the electronics for a moment until he found the mainframe. He took the trigger, to any normal person a seemingly plain light bulb switch, and pressed it into place. Scanning the workbench, Isaac found a soldering iron.

"Okay, take this," He said, handing the tool to Ben. "Connect it here, here, and here. Then just plug this green wire into the bottom and we're good to go. I'm pretty good with electronics, but I can't program for beans, so I have no idea how it's supposed to hack a computer. But all you have to do is turn the switch and you'll have a constant stream of power from the terminal you're hacking."
Jonny

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:22 am

((alright guys my post will contiune into the moring just to let you know.))

John had a horrible night sleeping, every ten seconds he would wake up, thinking that something was in his room, watching him.

He got up the next moring to a alarm clock that seemed to loud to comprehend and drifted over to the cafeteria and grabed some deviled eggs from a jilly robobrain, he ate his lunch in a fit then yelled for everyone to get up, "It's 4 in the morning, time to go!" John heaved his armor onto him and grabed his two rifles, a couple plasma grenades and mines from the armory, and went back to his room, as John forgot he had stashed some MF cells in his safe, while in there he noticed a bottle of whiskey underneath Issac's bed, John had never been much of a drinker but he would need it today, so he swiped the bottled and began chugging the stale liquid, he sat in wait on the vertibird, bottle in hand."
Dina Boudreau

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:41 pm

I worked with Isaac until about 4 in the morning, when John barged into the room, obviously it was time for the mission to get under way. I grimaced, we'd almost finished too, I quickly rewired as much as I could and re-programmed the paramaters. Hopefully now it would hack into the system from a distance, then we could change the security system around to our side. I looked at the Captain and grimaced, he looked terrible. I stood to attention and saluted. He didn't noticed us, he walked straight past towards the vertibird.

I sighed, "Isaac, I think I got it all ready, okay, you get ready, I'll catch up in a sec," I said to him, he started to walk off. I packed up the weapon and stuffed it into my pack, I'd have to rearrange it when the time came but that wouldn't take more than half a minute. I had all my equipment already so I walked to the vertibird, the Captain was there, drinking. I sighed, I walked around to the side and leant against the vehicle, waiting for the others.
Silencio

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:52 am

Isaac had nodded off on the bench next to Ben when he heard the captain's voice through the halls. He groggily got up and realized what he was about to do. The wave of anxiety and nervousness hit him again, but he managed to choke it down. In his quarters, he suited up, put on his signature cap, and slung the Gauss Rifle over his shoulder. In his boot he strapped some Jet and finally he grabbed his belt of MF cells and a Laser Pistol.

Out on the platform, Isaac jumped up into the side of the open Vertibird next to his Captain. "You like the Whiskey, Captain? It's from Canada." He smiled and bucked into the whirring transport, ready to go.
electro_fantics

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:32 am

"Ha! Yea is it now? Pretty good, not that I care though. as long as it gets me drunk, you want some?"

As much as John didn't want to he knew that he couldn't be drunk while commanding this team, he deserved respect but how would he get it that way?
Nauty

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:21 am

I looked out across the dark wastes, I couldn't even really see more than 20 metres in front of me. I shook my head, this didn't feel right, I jumped into the vertibird, pretty much as far away from the Captain and Isaac as possible, because I would actually like Sandra or Raven to sit near me. I looked across at the Captain and asked, "Sir, I have to ask, where the hell are we going?" I pretty much guessed everything already, but I needed to know, "Like, what are we going to do? What's our objective?" He didn't reply so I stayed quiet, I sat where I was, waiting for everyone else.
J.P loves

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:38 am

"Well, soldier we are headed to vault 87, our scouts have reported increased activity inside the vault recently, but no mutants has been seen in the vacinity, we are being sent to check out what is going on, other than that, I have no idea. Another thing of interest is that it seems like all of the radiation around the entrance has been eliminated."
jenny goodwin

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion