Sigma Squad

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:19 am

I looked up at Darren, still panting, I stopped very quickly. "Sorry, I just kind of nodded off, I can't sleep very well," I said to him, I attempted a smile, "It doesn't matter though, anyway it's nice to meet you." I quickly changed the current of the conversation, "Sorry I rushed off, I didn't mean to, anyway, I heard your little speech in the Captain's game," I said, chuckling, "Nice speech, I'm not stuffing up your career, anyway, how did you end up here?" I asked him.
lucile davignon

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:04 am

Darren organized his thoughts, preparing to tell his story. "Well I've always been ambitious, taking every mission I could, eager to prove I was worth something. To the Enclave, to myself, and most of all, to my father. My father was a Colonel, and he expected only excellance from me, anything else and he would never respect me. So, one night, I took a mission, only a mere reinforcement for a distant outpost." Darren stopped to take a breath, emotions returning to him.

"My father was at that station, watching over the scientists. The local Brotherhood was in the middle of attacking them when my team and I arrived. I went out ahead of my squad, eager to show my father some of my skills. He watched me with a glint in his eyes, he was finally proud of me." A fiery passion showed in Darren's eyes.

"My father was killed by one of those Brotherhood bastards! I killed them all, every single one of them, even when the last two lowered their weapons I showed no mercy. Afterword, my superiors saw fit to promote me, hoping that one day I will become the replacement for my father." Darren breathed deeply, his story having run its course.

"Now no more evading, tell me how you ended up here," Darren demanded.
No Name

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:09 pm

I chuckled, "Quite a story Darren, quite a story," I said to him, respect coating my voice, "Well, I guess it all started when I was about 14," I said, starting my own story, "I went out on a patrol with my father, he was a Captain you see, he was pretty respected. As I was going along with the Squad I noticed something, a glint I thought it, how I wish I could go back in time and change that."

"It turned out to be a Brotherhood patrol, waiting to ambush us, we fought long and hard but soon my father and I were the last ones left. I showed him that I was ready that day, I killed the last 5 of them myself, with my Father's laser rifle..." I held up the laser rifle in my hands, looking at my fathers name scratched into the side, "He died that day, of blood loss and his injuries. I was respected from a young age because of it, I've tried my best to try and live up to his expectations, I hope I've done well enough getting into Sigma Squad." I finished my little story, it wasn't as glamorous as his, but it didn't matter.

"How I ended up here though, I wonder, I'm not the best, sure I'm the most balanced but that's it. I can pick up a rifle and shoot it, I can blow up an enemy from a good distance with a well thrown grenade and I can patch you up pretty well, I'm an all rounder." I grinned, "I'll be watching your back to Darren, you can count on it, your young but you've got potential," I laughed, "Look how old I am and I'm talking to you like I'm a veteran, hopeless." I grinned again, putting out my hand, seeing if he'd shake it.
Phillip Hamilton

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:52 am

Darren shook Benjamin's hand firmly, with respect. We have more in common than I initially thought. It was good to know at least one of his teamates had felt similar pains.

"I'll be sure to watch your back, can't let old war veterans get hurt, can we?" Darren joked, loosening up around his new found friend.
Gemma Woods Illustration

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:33 am

John looked over to the last men sitting at the table, they were still fidgeting with their weapons, John thought that Raven wanted to avoid Sandra as much as he could. "Well good have a good day boys, see you tomorrow, and remember to get you armor in for modifying soon." John walked past the other rooms, Darren and Benjamin were chatting, but Sandra seemed to be missing, "No matter, she will turn up," John wanted to speak to her personaly. He turned to Darren and Benjamin and said, "If either of you two see Sandra tell he to meet me outside, near the bow." John noticed the two men starting their salute, "No need soldiers, right now we are just friends, but don't make not saluted me a habit." Daniel walked all the way upstairs trying to avoid the Deathclaw Research Center, god those things scraed the crap out of him. John made it outside, "Ahhhhhh, what a nice day," John said to himself, "Just about as nice as it gets out here."
lauren cleaves

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:30 pm

I couldn't believe it, this had turned out much differently then I'd thought. I'd made a friend within ten minutes of meeting him, the Captain just asked not to be saluted, what else could happen? I grinned and laughed, "Hey, Darren, so you know, I'm trying to get better at modding my own weapons and armor, wanna help me?" I asked him, "If you do, I'll see if I can help with your weapons, everything can get out more kick if you try." I then walked over to my armor, undid the hatch, pulled out my tools and got to work. Whether Darren helped or not, I'd be helping with his weapons, he seemed a good enough sort to keep alive. If the Captain asked I'd help him too, but only if he asked, I laughed at that.
yermom

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:02 am

After a long hot shower, sandra dried herself off, put on her clothes and walked out of her 'accomidations' they were nothing like the presidential sweet at Fort Nixon, she snapped out of her rant, you are a footslogger, shut up and stop being so stuck up! a voice said inside her head, as she stood there waiting to see if anyone was still around, she spied Raven still in the conference room, she quickly walked off, trying to avoid him.

She decided to go to the armoury, to see if her armour had arrived to be modified, as she walked past a private, he saluted and told her that the captain was looking for her, she immediately changed her pace and went to the bow to search for the captain, she found him standing on a balcony, overlooking the wasteland.

She saluted him "Sir! You requested my presence?"
Rachel Hall

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:28 am

Raven had sat back at the meeting hall the longest, he wanted to get a good overview of the teams nature and characteristics. The two boys Darren and Benjiman, they were ambitious and seemed to know the true face of war. Thier leader was an inigma something stopped Raven from getting a good lock onto his true face. Sandra, no mystery there, a stuck up little princess who demanded efficiency. She seemed used to giving orders, she would have to learn to take them if they were to work coheseivley. Raven stood up and strove over to his quarters. He didnt mind being paired with Sandra, he couldnt stomach her personality but she wouldn't be endlessley talking like the younger members, 'who knows' he thought to hiself ' maybe this will be interesting.' He was also glad of the proximity for the reason of keeping her in sight.
Gladstones train of thought derailed as he saw his quarters, a significant increase in quality to what he was used to. Shower, room for two beds and multiple footlokers. " I could enjoy my time here." Raven murmmerd to himself. He collapsed onto the bed, it ws clean and crisply made, the walls were cold metal interspersed with the yellow lights that illuminated the room to a near un-comfortable level. Raven spent a few minuites trying to sleep before shuffleing to the bathroom. He looked into the mirror at the death mask masquarading as a face that stared back at him. Years had passed since the run in with the death claw and he still bore its curse, he could still feel the hot flash of the deathclaws talons deep in the chasms of his face. The sacrs had been a point of staring during the meeting, who could blame them, he looked like a monster.
Raven rememberd Darrens threat during the meeting, he felt like going and having a little fun seeing how darren reacted to a little false anger from the scarred giant. Within minuites Raven had burst through the door to the boys quarters machette in hand, they were fixing up thier weapons. " Darren! you made a rather large statement during that meeting. What gives you the audacity to threaten the most skilled sniper, swords woman, energy weapons expert and captain in the wastes. Furthermore, how would you go about killing me where deathclaws failed!" the final question was spat with a false malice, hopefully Darren would see the funny side.

--------------------------------------------

OOC: I have alreadey pointed out Ravens black humor
Robyn Howlett

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:46 am

((OOC: Sorry about missing so much - sleep takes priority!))

Shepherd had remained quiet during the captains game. No sense revealing too much about his past - these Enclave types often found it hard to trust outsiders. Apparently he had managed to slip under the radar. Or perhaps the captain had understood his reluctance to talk. Either way, Shepherd was glad he hadn't been made to speak up. If he was going to work with this squad, he was going to need their trust.

In accordance to the captains orders, Shepherd removed his power armour. It was nice to get the weight off his shoulders. He handed the heavy suit to the armorer, wondering what kind of modifications would be made. He was always keen to play with new technology; that was one of the reasons he had left Talon Company.

The quarters that had been prepared for them were a short walk away. Entering one of the rooms, he noticed it was already occupied by the soldier who had identified himself as Jalen Harrison. He remembered the story he had told, about the death of his brother. Shepherd could sympathise with that. He didn't even know who his family were.

Deciding to introduce himself, Shepherd held out a hand. "Master Sergeant Shepherd, pleased to meet you." He had still used his rank, despite the captains instructions not to. It gave him purpose. "Have you already found a roomate?"
Monika Krzyzak

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:55 am

I laughed, Raven had a sense of humor. "Well, it seems that someone here knows how to make a black joke, as I like to call them, although barging in here without invitation is quite rude you know," I laughed again, "I don't know about Darren but I do know that your lying, well, more like making a very funny joke," I continued laughing. I looked back down to my armor and managed to fiddle with the Tesla containment unit on the back, making it have even more voltage output. "Well, Raven, it seems I'm not the only one here with a sense of doom and gloom humor, come in, come in, your welcome to stay for a bit, got any weapons I could fiddle with?"
Nicholas C

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:55 pm

Raven's serious face broke into a awkward smile"Why did you have to tell him. I had him going, look at his face white as a sheet. As for my weapons I dont trust electronics and fancy energy systems, cold hard metal for me. Have a look at this for precision engineering." Gladstone handed over the unique sniper rifle strapped to his back. " while this time I was joking I'll give you a warning. I am a serious soldier, cross the line again like you did in the meeting and you will know about it and not just from me, i can tell Sandra in particular didnt find your threat in the least bit amusing. Ill look out for both of you while I can but i fear my back in this squad is not exactly secure" Raven sat down, he felt an odd feeling of tierdness and old age looking at the two young faces of the two boys. Raven took back his rifle "I need to go hand my armour to the quartermaster gentlemen, keep safe and out of my way, what enters my crosshairs dies." the tone he aflicted left question as to wether he was serious or just being attemptedly funny again, he was deathly serious.

the walk to the quartermaster took longer than expected, Raven had time to think as to what thier mysterious goal was, doubtless if they needed all the assembled members it would be big and dangerous with a chance of success of next to zero. Good Gladstone wanted to go out with a bang, he could feel the fatigue and baggadge in his bones of a life of fighting, as a soldier he was on his last legs and he knew it.
The armour hand off had been gruff and uneventfull, both men seeing grunting as apt communication. As Gladstone walked through back to his quarters he saw Simon in a room talking to Jaden, he would need to ask him about his scars burning next time he saw him.
Something had been nagging at Raven for a while, he set about finding Sandra. Eventualy he tracked her down to a balcony in discussion with the Captain, he waited at the door for when the finished thier conversation.
Lloyd Muldowney

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:23 am

I thought evenly and calmly as Raven walked out, the last thing he'd said had been serious, I'd been living with my Dad long enough to know humor from sarcasm from truth. I got up and sighed, if I didn't hand in my armor the Captain would be pretty damn pissed at me, so I hefted it up and said to Darren, "I'm taking this to the armory, before they decide to lop my head off, see you in a bit," I then ran out, took the armor to the quartermaster and ran off back to the room. I continued tinkering with my weapons, doing what I could to make them fire faster, longer, conserve ammo, expand ammo capacity and just plain look better. You have to admit, just plain steel doesn't scare you, but pure black and red kind of makes some enemies... Lose themselves. I laughed, a horrific, raspy laugh.
Katie Louise Ingram

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:38 am

"Yes, Sandra, nice to see you, as you know I have gone over your service report many times, and well you are one heck of a soldier, but I have also heard soe rumors. Yes you know what they are and I don't want this hole thing to effect your performance in battle, just try and get almong with everyone, and follow my orders, that is all I ask." John knew that Sandra was not use to getting her hands dirty, but he knew that he was going to make her. "Now I want you to go downstairs, acquiant yourself with the rest of the team and make sure everyone is getting along, can you do that for me?"
stevie trent

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:39 am

Jalen shook his hand. "No, I haven't. I'd be glad to have you as a room mate. I'm not much of a talker though." Then Jalen laid back down on the bed. He smiled. "I hope Sandra and Raven can behave. I do somewhat understand where Raven is coming from." He took out his repeater and loaded it with some ammo. Then he put it back in his footlocker.
Danny Warner

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:26 pm

After Raven's departure and Benjamin's return, Darren felt bored, having already turned in his armor, he had nothing in particular to do. In normal times, he would work out, pratice shooting, or polish his armor. Darren decided against working out, he wanted to be well rested for the Captain's mission. He could go to the shooting range, but he was unsure of where that was. And his armor, was already turned in.

Nothing to do, he thought.

Darren decided to consult Benjamin, to make good on his offer to modify his Plasma Rifle. Grabbing it out of his locker, Darren walked over to Banjamin. He saw that Benjamin was busy tinkering with his weapons, even painting them a little.

"Mind giving this a touch up?" Darren asked.
Darren Chandler

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:16 pm

Sandra slipped away without Raven noticeing but he Caught Captain John just as he was leaving the blacony. " Sir may I have a quick word? Do you think Sandra will be able to handle the grunt work that we have all made second nature? she pretty much said herself that shes used to having others do it for her. Also, my armour has not once failed me in its current spec, are we guinea pigs for some new modification in Enclave power armour?" Raven asked with complete respect in his voice and toned the question as just that, not an accusation, personnaly he would draw alot of pride from being the first for a new age of power armour in thier fine army.
Mrs. Patton

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:08 am

"Don't worry, I have just spoken to her, nothing will go wrong, John noticed Sandra coming up the hall behind him. Everything is fine, I have it under control, she knows her place. John knew that Sandra would be a vital member of this team, no matter what her past was, John needed her.

"As to your armor, I cannot force you to change it, but I would highly recomend you let our scientists and engineers do their job," John leaned in a bit closer to Raven and whispered, "Just between you and me, I have been hearing some pretty great things about what they are doing." John heard this information from the admiral the day before, but John wasn't to tell anyone until tomorow. "I know it can be hard to trust me Raven, as we have only just met, and I can understand where you are coming from, I am so young to be a officer, when I look in the mirror all I can see is a little greenhorn, without any experience, and as a leader, I need you to trust me, and more importantly I need you to trust me out there in the field." John looked at his watch, almost 9 P.M, "You should get to sleep early," John turned into Benjamin and Darren's room, "You to, we will have a training mission starting tomorow and we will be getting up at 5 A.M sharp. Good night men."

John walked silently to his room and fell into a deep sleep, with his weapon held tightly in his hand.
DAVId Bryant

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:42 pm

Jalen heard the captain so he decided to go to sleep. He put away his stuff and took of his clothes and put on some shorts. He laid down and took out a book. It was about the history of the Enclave. He read and enjoyed the book. When he finished he cut of his light and closed his eyes. He quickly fell asleep. He dreamed of good things, not bad.
Trish

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:36 pm

Sandra saluted the captain, "Sir i will do as you ask!" she saluting him as she walked out, as she came out she turned left, to go to the Armoury, and talk to the other squadmembers, just as the captain had told her to do, she walked out, seeing raven standing a few meters a way, with his eyes closed.

"evedroper" she muttered to herself.

As she walked away, she realised that most of her squadmates would be in bed by now, she started to stroll, darkness came through the windows, of the enclave base, the winds of the wastes whistled loudly, and the howls of Yao Guai and mutated dogs filled the air, she noticed iron clad patrols, ever vigilantly watching over the stalwart enclave...

"Always been a night person" she said grabbing her swords out of their Wooden boxes, she wrote a message for Raven,

Raven,

I am going to train
in the armory
do not come find me
i am writing this to
avert any suspicion
on your part or any
other sqaudmembers

Sandra Marceline...
Cheif Warrent Officer
Fourth Class

She walked out with her swords on her back, to the armoury to train her swords, it had been so long since she had heard the sweet tang of steel on steel combat.

The sounds of battle rang in her ears as she crossed her blades with outdated suits of armour, she shed her longcoat, and continued to fight, enduring through the sweat of fighting, the stretch of her muscles and the pain in her feet, hours of hacking and slashing left several suits power armour sliced and wrecked, she wouldnt unleash her true fury untill she was on the battlefield.

She stood there, embalmed in sweat and pain, it had been so long since she had sparred, breathing heavily, she took off her armour, this was special armour, made from very strong fabric, and filled with weights, to make training even harder, she took it off, standing there in her tank top, and Cargo trousers, she placed one sword in its box, retied her hair, piled the broken peices of armour in the corner and started to meditate, she stood there focusing her attention on a single point she had painted onto a helmet, she focused, and jetted out her arm lightning fast, striking the helmet right on target, shattering the eye holes, and causing a fracture in the armour, she had been working on this skill since she started, and now she had perfected it.

The sweet feel of battle filled her head, the blood rush, the feeling of slicing down her enemies with a single mighty blow, the screams of death and the howls of pain from the men as they were cut down.
Keeley Stevens

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:48 am

I looked up at Darren, noticing his weapon, I laughed. "A plasma rifle hey? Well, I can do something with that for you," I chuckled and muttered to him, I went combing through my bag and pulled out some spare parts from a plasma rifle I'd torn apart once. I opened his rifle up, combing through the systems, trying to find certain things. Whenever I needed a tool, I asked Darren for it and he obliged. I continued with it and grinned, standing up, "Only 20 minutes and I managed to do something, I'm getting better at this," I chuckled out, "Well, it should be able to shoot faster and the plasma should travel faster, much faster, only thing is it'll be a bit less damaging," I grinned at him, "But they won't have a chance to do much if they're getting rained upon by a super fast firing rifle will they?" I asked him, clapping him on the back and laughing.

I returned to my own weapons, I'd been working on them for years, so I'd upgraded them a 'fair' bit. Today I was working on trying to fit a liquid coolant into the laser rifle cartridge, behind the lenses, so I'd be able to shoot faster and even stronger. At how my rifle was going at the moment I could take down a Deathclaw in a quarter of a clip, I wanted to get it down an eighth.

After I finished tinkering with my own weapons, I ended up half falling asleep, Darren already was snoring peacefully. I sighed, I walked out with my newly modded rifle and walked up to the armory, I saw Sandra standing silently, I stood waiting to see what she'd do. She suddenly brought it down on a helmet and almost completely destroyed it. I gasped, I clapped, silently but still loud enough for her to hear. She turned quickly, I grinned, "Well, Sandra, it seems I was right in my theory, you ARE the best of us here," I continued to grin, but I let it slip, "Although since your a close combat person, I'll tell you something now, I'll be watching your back," I gave her a grim smile, "And if worse comes to worst, I'll happily die for you," I then grinned, "I'm tired of fighting my whole life, I'll go out fighting, just to spite god, I don't want to be an old veteran when I die," I grinned even wider, "Well? Anything to say?"
Karine laverre

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:37 am

Shepherd lay on the bed, hands behind his head, looking up at the ceiling. He glanced across at his room-mate - he appeared to already be asleep. Not much of a talker indeed, thought Shepherd, but it didn't bother him. It was nice to have some peace. He doubted they would get a lot of that wherever they were going. Relishing the silence like a condemned prisoner eats his last meal, Shepherd lay there, eyes open, pondering what lay ahead.
Queen

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:43 am

"To die in battle, its the greatest honour anyone can achieve, to die in the thick of battle with bullets and beams of laser whizzing all around you, why live life, when you can take it in an iron grip" she was in a cocoon of bloodlust, she walked over to darren, still clutching her sword.

"Do you know what its like, to stare death in the eye, to see the emotions on peoples faces, as their freinds, their family die besides them, Truly, when you are at deaths door, you reveal your true nature, sometimes i think you snipers miss it, and i truly feel sorry for you. Fear, Pain, Sadness Grim determination, all are seen as you die, the only man i have left alive, was BoS soldier, His family, his freinds and his homei took from him and he still wanted to fight me, he would not concede, rare, to find a human not so weak or afraid, what do you say?" Sandra said swiftly swinging her blade around, bringing it down on his neck, stopping seconds before hitting his armour.

"Interesting, very interesting, You are a fine speciman" she said staring into his eyes, she stopped everything, put her swords away grabbed her armour and coat, and started to walk off.

As she was leaving she lent over into his ear and wispered, "I had always hoped to meet someone like him again, someone who is willing to die for the heat of battle... We are a dying breed Ben, and like i would to any dying breed, i do not wish death to you ben."

"If ever we get a prisoner, ben, i will show you to see what i see, fear, pain perhaps even love, in the eyes of a dead man."

"Tell no-one of this little, Indescretion" she said regaining all of her composure, she adjusted her hair, slipped on her coat and looked back at him.

"Or i will forget everything i have ever learned about, endangered species, got it?" she said with he normal cold stare and hard voice.

"No one..."
Brooke Turner

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:24 am

I looked at Sandra, absorbing the words she'd said. I smiled, a thinking smile and whispered back to her, "I completely understand, I don't plan on telling anyone, anything, if we're a dying breed, I'd prefer to keep us at that level, not a dead breed," I then did my trademark smile, I had come to practice with my weapons and Sandra was all finished so I decided that I might as well do what I came for. I walked past Sandra, not knowing what she'd be thinking right at this moment, I pulled out my laser rifle, aimed at the pile of ruined armor in the corner, (perhaps a bit of training for Sandra?) and shot at it. The whole pile turned to ash on my second shot, I then let a grim smile touch my lips.

I turned around, Sandra was still there, "I won't forget this night and to answer your question.. Yes I've seen all those things, I lost my family in front of my eyes, torn apart by a Brotherhood patrol, I've seen my few friends I had killed, ripped to pieces by Deathclaws," I walked closer to her, "I'm prepared to die, if need be, but I only wish that if it happens, for it to be in battle," I finished with one last thing, "although, don't expect me to be happy if you die, actually I'll be quite pissed, since your the only one who seems to understand these things." I ended it all with a grin, starting to walk past her.
Vickytoria Vasquez

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:19 am

OOC: You guys should be getting to sleep now
Isabell Hoffmann

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:25 pm

((OOC: I know, wating for Deadlysin, can't double post, remember? Been having a half PM convo, will get to sleep soon as Deadlysin's posted.))
Gill Mackin

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion