Sigma Squad

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:03 am

OOC: It's only 9 o clock there.

Jalen woke up to the sound of his alarm clock. He quickly cut it of and got out of bed. He took a quick shower and put on some normal enclave clothing. Just a gray vest and cargo pants, nothing new. He walked down to the mess hall and ordered squirrel stew which was promptly brought to him. The stew was somewhat good for being radiated and all. Once a week they didn't have to eat the usual non radiated mess. Jalen liked the feeling of not eating radiated food but the slop that the chefs gave them tasted horrible. He could deal with the radiation, but not the taste. When he finished he went outside and stretched. He took of his cargo pants to reveal running shorts. He ran about 10 laps around a circular track. He liked getting up early so he could do what he needed to do. When he finished he went to the weight room and worked out for a little while. He looked at his watch. "It should be about time the others woke up." he said to himself sadly. He wiped of his face with a damp paper towel and sighed. That wasn't smart taking a shower before I work out. Let's hope my armor hides all this sweat. Jalen walked to the largest room. Inside was a bar and some game tables for the officers. He smiled. This was a great reward for a high ranking officer. He sat down on the couch and watched two other guys wrestle each other down on a mat.
Carolyne Bolt

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:51 am

((OOC: Since Reidster skipped ahead, this is beforehand.))

I walked past Sandra and down the hall, it was getting late so I returned back to my quarters. Darren was snoring so I just walked in and lay down on the bed, falling asleep. My dreams started again, but I just ignored it, concentrating on what was important. I didn't really know anymore, so I just decided to focus on the most interesting thing in the last 10 minutes, my conversation with Sandra. Surprisingly my whole dream changed and I felt peace for a difference, I felt myself wake to what felt like 20 minutes later, to find it about 4 in the morning. I yawned, got into the shower and washed, I got out and woke Darren up.

I sighed, walked out and decided to find a nice place to sit for a while. I sat down in a silent corner in the armory, watching the people walk past.
Steven Nicholson

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:08 pm

OOC:Since everyone is posting themselves getting up, I will too

IC:

John didn't need an alarm clock, he woke up at 3 in the morning already, out of second nature. He walked down to the armory to see his friend Greg, who was the quartermaster, he was up all night working on John's gun and the armor. "Let me see what you got," he said, Greg pulled out John's Laser Rifle and showed him the improvements, John had asked him to mount a scope and improve the weapon's long-range capabilities, and he did, almost too well John might add. John took a look at his armor, he loved the new enhancements, even though most of them weren't to be seen, but more experienced. John knew what else they had for his squad and didn't want to remember, he would have to wait and see, since he had it done yesterday John has definetly been feeling different, but he hasn't seen positive effects yet. So John sat and waited as his team was called on the intercom to come to the armory, there he waited as he made some minor adjustments to his rifle.
Ridhwan Hemsome

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:12 am

I heard the voice blare out on the intercom, I sighed and walked over to the Captain. I grinned at him, "Well, looks like we'll see if these mods are worth it, hope they didn't mess up my own mods, I worked long and hard on them," I continued grinning, then my expression became serious, "I hope that we aren't getting sent out on a suicide mission, like some of those prior missions I've heard about..." I shrugged, then went and started leaning against a wall, waiting to see what would happen. I pulled out my rifle, trying to fit the liquid coolant cartridge in, if I had about another 10 minutes, I'd probably get it right.
KIng James

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:42 am

The blaring of Jalen's alarm clock had woken Shepherd, but he had lain still until his room-mate had left the dormitory. Once he heard the closing of the door behind him, he reached under the bed for some of the "personal items" he had stashed there last night. His fingers closed around the neck of a vodka bottle, which he raised to his lips. A bad habit, stretching right back to his days with Talon Company, and also the source of much criticism from his Enclave brethren. He didn't blame them - it wasn't exactly reassuring to know the man pulling a bullet out of your shoulder was only half sober. In fact, sobriety was the least you would hope for in a field surgeon; that wasn't going to make him stop drinking though.

After his daily morning routine of press-ups (interspersed with swigs of alcohol) followed by a shower, the intercom summoned him to the armory. Now fully dressed in a pair of fatigues and a plain white T-shirt, Shepherd obediently made his way to the armory. Seeing Darren and the Captain already assembled there, he offered a disciplined salute and greeted them. "Good morning, gentlemen," he said, flashing a smile.
matt oneil

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:18 am

Jalen heard the normal message from the intercom. He got of the couch and made his way to the armory. He saluted to the others and walked over to a lone chair. He took out his rifle and walked to the gun range, which was almost right beside the armory. He knew he could hear when the captain wanted him. He had good hearing and could hear over gunfire. When he got to the armory he quickly set up and fired a few rounds at a target. All nailed in to it. He smiled. He had a good shot.
City Swagga

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:56 am

OOC: I'm just waiting for everyone to get to the armory
CHARLODDE

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:38 am

OOC: This is before Shepherd reached the Armory

IC: Darren woke to the sight of Benjamin shaking him awake. After a short series and usual morning mumbles and grumbles, Darren managed to stumble in the shower, welcoming the hot water splashing on his face. After drying off, Darren dressed in his army fatigues, missing the comfort of a suit of Power Armor. Then the intercom issued a message in its usual drawl.

"Segeant Major Harris to the armory."

Great, he thought. Hopefully the Captain's got a few surprises for us. Darren left his quarters and strode quickly through the halls. Upon arriving in the armory, Darren saw a couple of familiar faces, Benjamin and the Captain. Darren stepped up to the Captain and saluted, honoring his superior's rank.

After a polite nod, Darren went over to Benjamin, who was fiddling with a laser rifle. After a brief greeting, Darren sensed Benjamin's concentration and decided to leave him alone for now. Unsure of where to stand, Darren stood by the Captain, awaiting for his squadmates to arrive. After a minute or two of waiting, Shepherd entered the armory. The stench of Alcohol was faintly detectable on his breathe as he greeted us, "Good morning, gentlemen." he smiled.

"Good morning to you too," I replied. I motioned toward the QuarterMaster, "What do you think they've done to our armor?"
Mr. Ray

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:40 pm

((OOC: just waiting for Deadlysin and is it just me?))
Julia Schwalbe

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:22 am

Raven snapped awake at the sound of the intercom summoning his squad to the armoury. Raven hadn't overslept for years. he trudged down bleary eyed to the armoury, he was in a foul mood and would not sit kindly with having to stay put in a base to much longer, he could feel himslef getting softer his vision duller and his bloodlust subsideing. As he enterd the war room he noticed many of the other members of the squad had arrived before him, a bad showing from a veteran officer he thought to himself. he walked straight to John and snapped a quick salute. " Im sorry for my lateness sir it was inexcusable and will not happen again." he took his place in the room and waited for Sandra, the infernal racket of metal on metal had been a contributeing factor to his inability to sleep until two am that night.
Gladstone had left her a note in response to him leaving to this meeting first
' Sandra, we have been summoned to the armoury, i would have woken you but if your anything like me an kife would have been through my throat before your eyes were open. Next time you go training inform me, i probably dont have the flair based knife play your used to but i am more than able with my machette and i would love the cahnce to improve our veiw of eachother.

Raven Gladstone
2nd Leuitenant'

He started thinking about talking to Simon about the burning in his scars, but there was a time and a place and this clearly wasnt it.
Sophie Miller

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:03 am

"Welcome Leuitenant you are right on time, I assume that Sandra has overslept and we will be starting without her today please step over here." John walked over to the armor sets with the names of respected men above them. "You may recognize your armor up there, they have been modified quite a bit, first of all a bballistic sheilding layer has been installed underneath the outer coating of the armor that will imrpove your durability, shock pads have been installed in the bottom of your boots to suppress shock from long falls and the impact of your heavy armor on your legs, it will also improve you stealth capabilities in battle, which brings us to the next modification, each set of armor has been installed with stealth boy abilities, you may make yourself invisible at will, which is crucial for our squad, as this team will rely heavily on stealth, O and just a couple more things, we have installed a stimpack injector incase your health runs low. Finally the Sigma Squad insignia has been decaled onto everyones armor."

"I will give you a second to recolect your thoughts, get on your armor, and collect what you need for our up coming mission, we will meet back here so we can get on this vertibird and out of this tin can already, and tell Sandra i have the armor debriefing right here with me."
rolanda h

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:02 am

Raven walked over and picked up his armour, despite all the modifacations it seemed somewaht lighter than before. he put on his armour quickly, a routine perfected through repetition. Gladstone almost let out a gasp of shock when he felt the needle for the stimpack injector plunging into his arm, it was something he would have to get used to. There was a button on his wrist that had not been there before, he clicked it and suddenly his arms dissapeared from veiw, John wasn't lying he was invisible, Raven loved this as a six foot five inch giant he had always had trouble going unnoticed. The other upgrades he felt indifferent about, he didnt intend to get shot at all. He steped over to the range and was suprised not to hear the usual clunck of enclave armour, a sound Raven had gone through quite a bit of hardship and training to minimalise, the shock absorbing pads worked well enough.
Gladstone set up a few targets on the firing range, about nine hundred metres away in a straight line, a simple shot for him but right on the edge of the averadge persons vision. Raven looked down the scope, collected his heartbeat into a steadey metronome and held his breath to steadey the barrel. He leaned a little to compensate for all rifles tendancy to break to the left, which would be made worse in this instance by the strong wind blowing on the outside portion on the firing range. Raven gentley perssurised the trigger, the bullet tore clean through to dummy's neck and left the head hanging comicaly to one side.
Raven walked back over to his quarters and woke Sandra by dumpig her armour onto the bed " Rise and shine, put this on and go and see Captain John, and what ever you do dont push that button before you see him." without waiting for a reply he left and climbed up into the vertibird to wait for the others.
Ann Church

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:36 am

Darren went to his suit, examining it thoroughly. The extra features stood out to him, the new adjustments made the armor slightly bulkier, but hopefully the new stealth boy funtion would more than make up for it. Darren suited up in the new armor, feeling its stimpack needles jab into his arm. The armor felt somewhat lighter, making it easy to manuever. As he walked around, Darren noticed his squadmates watching, nodding with approval.

Darren grabbed his new helmet and slipped it over his head, instantly feeling better behind the mask. Darren went to his room and retrieved his newly modified Plasma rifle, complete with Benjamin's modifications. Stowing it on his back, Darren looked through his personal stash of weapons, carefully choosing his equipment. In the end Darren took 5 Plasma grenades, a Plasma pistol, and a Combat knife for close quarters combat.
Hannah Whitlock

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:06 am

I looked at my armor, inspecting it with an eye of an expert. Checking to see any flaws they might've done, I pulled it off the rack and examined it. They'd left all my personal modifications alone, which surprised me. Normally they rip off all the old mods, but then I noticed that there seemed to be another mod that the Captain hadn't mentioned. Something else, I couldn't discern what it was, but I left it as nothing. I slipped the armor over my body, then slipped the helmet over my head. The hiss of the many different systems clicked as it went over my head.

I looked at the world with my real eyes again, I'd modded my helmet with a couple of extra 'features', I grinned. I walked up to the quartermaster, saluted him, then walked over in the general direction of the vertibird. I sighed, I didn't want to go so quickly, it was a waste. As this was how I thought, I stopped just around the corner from the vertibird, pulled out my rifle, knife and started tinkering. Everyone would have to walk past me to get to the vertibird, but the good thing was, they couldn't sneak past me, I loved my helmet. I started fitting the liquid coolant system in, hoping that I'd get it done before everyone else came otherwise my rifle would be useless. My Tesla Knife wasn't exactly my favourite weapon in the world.. Sure it was good, but such a short reach, but if I got in that distance, they'd be nothing but ashes.
James Smart

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:29 am

Raven saw Ben outside the vertibird as usual tinkering with his knife, he seemed clamest and most comfortable when messing with some description of machinary. a thought struck Gladstone, he jumped down from the vertibird and tapped Ben lightly on the shoulder " Armour will take some getting used to wont it. hey i've noticed your pretty good at modifying weapons, as you probably know most missed shots from a sniper rifle come from the fact that they sometimes randomly break to the left. Fancy taking a look and seeing what you can do for me?" Raven had looked all over the Enclave for people to help with this problem and hoped he had found his man.
Hannah Barnard

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:45 am

I looked up at Raven and grinned, he was talking my language, "Sure, sure, I'll help you with that, thank god I brought my tools with me, now to stop it from randomly breaking to the left aye?..." I said to him, chuckling a bit, he held the sniper out to me and I took it with glee. I then started working on it, furiously changing parts around to get it to Raven's standards. I then smiled as I realised a way that he might thank me even more. I worked on his scope as well, changing some things, adding some things. It took me about 10 minutes but I grinned and looked at my work.

I'd managed to fix what he wanted, I grinned at that, "Well Raven, it should hopefully stay on track for you now, all you owe me is keeping an eye on my back," I muttered to him, "Oh and I also took the liberty of adding some extra zooming capabilities on your scope as well as some low grade thermal imaging scanner as well," I grinned, "Hope you enjoy my friend."
Katharine Newton

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:52 am

Raven had tried to look clam and collected when receiving his weapon but he couldnt keep off the grin of child getting given a brand new toy. " Thanks Ben, trust me I'll be watching your back. I heard you trainig with Sandra last night, trust me dying in battle is over rated, no matter how glorious or brave the action was your still dead and thats a little permanant fro my liking and a dead soldier is a useless soldier. " Raven sat back on the floor of the vertibird. " So Ben, If you had to who would you less like to be in an out and out fight with, Liberty Prime or 3 behemoths? " Raven used this as a icebreaker quite alot.
Jerry Cox

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:48 pm

I laughed at Raven's joke, it was quite funny, "Personally, I have no clue, I'd just run for it," I continued laughing, "I know what your saying, I've been through enough to just realise Sandra's point of view and yours, sure I'm ready to die, I'd be happy to if it was for the right cause, but who says I really want to?" I muttered to him, "But, hey, it doesn't really matter though does it? Oh and I'm glad you like your new weapon, I just love tinkering with stuff, I never put it in my form that they gave to the Captain so he doesn't know," I chuckled out, "Thanks, it's nice to see a couple of people will be watching my back, but that means I'll be watching about 3 people's backs too."

I laughed, "Well, since you asked a question, I'll ask you one," I looked at him seriously, "If you had to fight the Lone Wanderer or the whole Lyon's Pride who would it be?" I then started chuckling, "I know who I'd pick, I'm not stupid."
Life long Observer

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:14 am

" definatley Lone wanderer, he cant be as good as some people tell it, I mean hes just smoe kid from a vault. Also Ive alreadey had it out with the pride, they destroyed my entire second squad. I got four of them though Sarah Lyons and the rest got away before the end. Theres something about this armour, I can feel something else something unknown, I guess ill just have to trust it seeing as its had a needle in my arm for the past hour. So you lost your dad? thats rough, mine never wanted to risk his career enough to acknowledge me so im a designated orphan." the young man seemed a good listener and raven could bore people all day with his stories from he past.
Guinevere Wood

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:26 am

I nodded, "Yeah, that's pretty rough as well, I lost my Dad to the Brotherhood, lost most of my friends to Deathclaws," I grinned, "It toughened me up though, I'm not hopeless at least, you seem quite interesting Raven," I muttered, he was taller than me, then again who wasn't, so I was looking up to him, "Not many people like you out there, a tough guy with a good sense of humor and friendship..." I chuckled, "So, what would you like to talk about my friend? I'm happy to listen, considering everyone else has decided that today's the day they all be really slow."
Kelly Osbourne Kelly

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:25 pm

"This mission doesnt sit easey with me, If it wasnt huge with a very limited chance of success then it wouldn't be all of us going just one or two. the captain said stealth was important so we are going up against highly disceplined troops who outnumber us and we all have a beef with the brotherhood." Raven had taken a wild guess at what the mission would be and hoped he was wrong, but hed have to wait and see " Raven tried to lighten the mood of the conversation
" So why do you put so much stock in energy weapons? I cant trust anything not solid to do the job myself." raven had gotten talking and just kept going " Jalen seems very shy which is not a good thing for a soldier of his caliber, we will need to bring him out of his shell, and we also need to teach Sandra the meaning of bloody discipline, if I had missed that meeting in my old unit I would have lost a toe." Speaking of Sandra fancy a bit of a knife fight to keep me in shape, that tesla knife against my good old machette? its titanium so it shouldnt melt."
Ludivine Poussineau

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:49 am

Wow, he does like talking, I thought. I grinned, "Sure, a knife fight, I'll turn down the wattage on my tesla knife... Otherwise you won't have a machete left, trust me," I muttered to him, I then manipulated my knife to a very low setting, we got up and walked into a nice little open space out of plain view. I grinned at him, he held up his machete and we launched at each other, his blade was longer than mine and he obviously had extremely powerful upper body strength so I thought I'd be gone after the first hit. But of course, I wouldn't go down that easy.

We kept on sparring for about 30 minutes, going at each other like anything, we almost killed each other about 17 times, he was extremely good, better than me. After we hit 30 minutes I was panting, so we stopped, I flopped down against a wall and grinned. "Well, Raven," I panted out, "You seem to be about in league with Sandra, no offense," I said, quickly, "I've seen her, she's good, I've heard some stuff about her too..." I shrugged, "Either way, your good, wish I could've kept up with you the whole way," I grinned again. He looked as though he wouldn't talk for a moment so I walked up next to the vertibird to see if anyone else had come, or was coming.
Rozlyn Robinson

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:57 am

Sandra awoke to the shakes of a private, she kicked her leg out and smashed his stomach, Reflexes, she stood up, apolagized, gave him some medical equipment, and asked why he had awoken her,

"ggngnnnrr, the rest of the... squad is in... the armory" he blurted out with great pain in his voice

"[censored]" one of the few times sandra swore, she slipped on her coat, grabbed her swords and started running, the same path she took last night, she sprinted with all her speed, dodging enclave soldiers and officers alike, darting, missing smashing into them on few occasions.

She stopped just outside the door of the armoury, adjusted herself, and walked into the armoury, the rest of the squad had already left, she sighed and grabbed her armour, put it on, she saw a holodisk, she played it as she was putting on her armour.

"You may recognize your armor up there, they have been modified quite a bit, first of all a bballistic sheilding layer has been installed underneath the outer coating of the armor that will imrpove your durability, shock pads have been installed in the bottom of your boots to suppress shock from long falls and the impact of your heavy armor on your legs, it will also improve you stealth capabilities in battle, which brings us to the next modification, each set of armor has been installed with stealth boy abilities, you may make yourself invisible at will, which is crucial for our squad, as this team will rely heavily on stealth, O and just a couple more things, we have installed a stimpack injector incase your health runs low. Finally the Sigma Squad insignia has been decaled onto everyones armor."

she stood there in her armour, she jumped up and down, the absorbancy seemed great, although she needed more, she had always wanted to bound through the feild of fire, jumping and dodging bullets, or leaping from a rocky outcrop into the enemies trenches, slicing your way through them.

she stood there and waited for her injector to engage, with a hiss of gas, the injector shot into her arm, nothing too bad, she thought, she noticed they had made some slots in the back of her armour to hold her swords, she slipped them in, Perfect Fit!

she walked out, and looked for anyone from the squad, she saw through a window, raven and ben talking, she decided to try out the new stealthboy powers.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry i was in a conference for most of the day, couldn't post :(
Veronica Flores

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:47 am

As I was standing next to the vertibird, I 'felt' a presence. I turned on my thermal imaging in my helmet, it was pretty weak, but I picked up a signal slowly moving towards me. I instantly recognised the movements and I grinned, it was Sandra. I was pretty happy to see her actually, it wasn't like there was a person like her anyone else. I grinned, "Hey, Sandra, you think you can sneak up on me? Really, I'm better than that, well, errr, I hope so anyway," I chuckled, "Since your here and Raven's over there," I pointed back to the place where we were before, "You wanna talk?"
glot

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 4:58 am

"Idiot" she said still in cloak, she walked over and grabbed ben, and pulled him into the vertibird, the rusted black metal painted black with the Sigma logo on it, their own personal vertibird, an honour really.

"Just shut up and sit down, Tinker-boy. Enjoy this feeling, the calm before the storm" she said with utter lucidity, nothing could shake her from her daze, she sat there thinking after a while she turned off her Stealth boy, turned to Ben,

"Dont you just love this, we are about to journey into the unknown, right now we are sitting here in a vertibird, in 10 miniutes, we could be fighting super mutants, or Brotherhood Lackeys, we could be facing off against insurgents or deathclaws, this is the perfect time to asses things in your life, to take stock of what is really important" she said

"shhhhhhh" she said as benjamin was about to reply

"Just sit and think..."
Anna Krzyzanowska

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion