The voice actor for General Tullius was a bad idea Bethesda.

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 8:58 pm

Now I'm not at all surprised that you can't handle a voice actor taking on two roles in their lifetime.

It's kind of the job of a voice actor to be able to change voices. I'd call it bad voice acting to provide the same voice for different characters, especially egregious for the same company and essentially the same character(like Kaidan and Carth).
Jay Baby

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 12:39 am

You need an arm extender so you can reach a bit more to find something to complain about? Realy, that's a pretty obscure point that few people are going to notice.

And honestly, if you can't differentiate an actor from his role(s), its a failing of your imagination, not of the casting.
Leilene Nessel

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 6:35 pm

I love the thinking of people like the op, as soon as somebody makes a counterpoint you insult their intelligence and then claim your opinions represent the majority. Get over yourself.
lauren cleaves

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 8:22 pm

He did a pretty good job I'd say. I've played New Vegas, but barely talked to Doc Mitchell beyond the opening so it wasn't really jarring. And him being Saul Tigh was a big positive factor in my book.

"Frakkin' rebels..."
Code Affinity

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 5:46 pm

I think he was in Rome too - IMO he was a great choice for Tulius- the link with his BSG character made him seem that much more the leader. I had forgotten about his role in NV
Shelby Huffman

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 9:03 am

Colonel Tigh General Tullius' role is a boring, straight up military tactitan, he is not a badass, he is a stratigizer, and he played that role in Battlestar Galactica Skyrim perfectly
And Mass Effect 2! Captain Bailey was such a nice guy, agreeing to help Thane's son and all.

Tigh was by far my favorite BSG character. Unlike most other characters he had plenty of sides in that one coin.
The only currently active actor I think I like more is Bruce Willis, and that's a guy that will always remain my number one.
jessica Villacis

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 6:29 pm

I don't even think I've encounter this "General Tullius" yet. I'll keep my ears open.
keri seymour

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 11:54 am

didnt remind me, as I never played it. and I found the performance quite good..
Rudy Paint fingers

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 6:52 pm

I don't even think I've encounter this "General Tullius" yet. I'll keep my ears open.
I'm quite sure I misunderstood you or something, but Tullius is one of the first persons you see in the game. If you have Skyrim and have played it more than two minutes you've seen and heard Tullius.
Charles Mckinna

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 8:04 pm

I think whoever was the Whiterun court wizard was purposely sounding delayed and awkward, like it was the character's actual way of speaking. The worst voice though is the creepy pedophile one that belongs to Savos Aren and quite a few other npcs. Its not necessarily bad voice acting, it just makes whichever npc sound like he should be playing tag outside with the kids.
matt white

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 5:22 pm

Actually, for those who don't particularly enjoy mass-produced Hollywood franchises the obvious similarities between two of Harrison Ford's characters was a tiresome cliche, yes.

So as much as you tried to belittle what I said with trite sarcasm, it backfired and you actually provided a rather valid point: Indiana Jones and Han Solo are boringly similar characters, both stemming from hilariously bad franchises.

Did you have a point to make, or shall I just offer to the dunce cap now...... ? *wink
:blink:
Vickey Martinez

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 10:33 am

I played New Vegas (and Skyrim 250+ hours both) and didn't know Doc Mitchell and Tulius had the same VA, so I'm not bothered by it at all.
Shiarra Curtis

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 1:43 pm

Reminding me, and millions of others.

Indeed, the majority of players. I'm very happy for you that you haven't played New Vegas, but you are a curious exception to the rule. Most people who have played Skyrim have played the prior games of Bethesda Softworks.

I've played both, and I never thought he sounded like Doc Mitchell.

Really, just speak for yourself, not the millions whom you haven't actually asked.

It reminded you. If it reminded anyone else, they can certainly speak up and make a thread about it like you did, and then you have more numbers in your count to reach millions. Stick to actual evidence in proof rather than assumptions extrapolated from your own personal perspective.
latrina

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 1:08 am

I agree, none voice actor can be used more than once. You can just voice act one time on your life, after that no one should hire you ever again. *irony*

I've played both, and I never thought he sounded like Doc Mitchell.

This. And seriously, Doc Mitchell was a pretty minor character, you just needed to see him in two low-level quests and then you could just never visit him anymore.
Frank Firefly

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 12:28 am

That too.

I think because they were similar mediums (Both bethesda video games), but his voice just screamed "DOC MITCHELL" way more than Colonel TIgh for me.
And for some people he's Captain Bailey from Mass Effect.

I call him Saul Tigh, and so it's a little ironic you don't think his voice fits as a hardened general. He was a suitable choice IMO.
Nina Mccormick

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Reminding me, and millions of others.

Indeed, the majority of players. I'm very happy for you that you haven't played New Vegas, but you are a curious exception to the rule. Most people who have played Skyrim have played the prior games of Bethesda Softworks.

wrong, most people who play skyrim have played the prior elder scrolls games
Oyuki Manson Lavey

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 8:31 pm

General Tallius is supposed to sound a little frail.

Look at his age! :D

Even Veteran warriors rot away with time.
danni Marchant

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 6:57 pm

Even Veteran warriors rot away with time.

Never! I am as strong as the day I was born!

/me wets himself and cries in the corner.
Enie van Bied

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 5:24 pm

So an old man sounds like an old man...

Wow that completely ruins my immersion :rolleyes:

Be thankful there's no Steve Blum in this game.
Campbell

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 1:27 pm

My only problem with it is that it biased me to thinking he's an ass because my mind associated him with Saul Tigh who is also an ass.
Ana Torrecilla Cabeza

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 11:26 pm

I think whoever was the Whiterun court wizard was purposely sounding delayed and awkward, like it was the character's actual way of speaking.
That's what I got from him as well - Nerds like Farengar Secret-Fire aren't the most eloquent in their speech and diction. He'd rather be studying dragons and researching magic than trying to talk with others. (He reminds me of... Me, actually).
Nathan Maughan

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 1:55 pm

I think whoever was the Whiterun court wizard was purposely sounding delayed and awkward, like it was the character's actual way of speaking. The worst voice though is the creepy pedophile one that belongs to Savos Aren and quite a few other npcs. Its not necessarily bad voice acting, it just makes whichever npc sound like he should be playing tag outside with the kids.
Farengar is the whiterun wizard..and he sounded very awkward
Beth Belcher

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 1:35 pm

Farengar is the whiterun wizard..and he sounded very awkward
Which was his character... Who voices Farengar anyway? I don't think I've heard his actor anywhere else.
Laura Elizabeth

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 10:22 am

Honestly, Doc Mitchell wasn't that big of a character for me. One day I looked up New Vegas on IMBD and saw Hogan listed, and wondered who on Earth he voiced. I was surprised that he was the good Doc. I always felt that Doc Mitchell was underused in New Vegas. He should have had a couple extra quests dedicated to him.
Claire Mclaughlin

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 2:35 pm

I've played both games extensively and didn't realize it was the same actor until you pointed it out.
Alan Cutler

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim