The voice actor for General Tullius was a bad idea Bethesda.

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 6:13 pm

Just because you didn't like the voice actor for Geneal Tullius doesn't mean you have to make an entire thread dedicated to it.
Benito Martinez

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 10:51 pm

Really is this a big deal? voice actor's from another game bother you? Boone from NV has like 8 characters in this game. and he's the voice of Noel in FFXIII-2 it never once bothered me.
Hot

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 4:13 pm

I've played both games extensively and didn't realize it was the same actor until you pointed it out.
Also this.
Matt Terry

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 10:42 am

wrong, most people who play skyrim have played the prior elder scrolls games
Wrong. i played Fallout 3 first. then Fallout New Vegas. then Oblivion. Then Skyrim.
Trish

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 12:05 pm

I was more annoyed by having little to no consistency with voices and cultures. Tullius has a canadian accent, and many Imperials have american accent, but generic soldiers are english....

and do not get me started on having scandinavian advlts having american children.
Tamika Jett

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 11:26 pm

When i hear him, he reminds me of someone from michigan..
Enny Labinjo

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 11:36 pm

Wrong. i played Fallout 3 first. then Fallout New Vegas. then Oblivion. Then Skyrim.

im not wrong, most people who have followed the elder scrolls wen't from earlier games to skyrim and will continue.

Im not speaking on just me, im speaking on the masses.
FirDaus LOVe farhana

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 11:47 am

When I first heard Tullius speak, I went "TIGH!" As I joined the Imperials I soon realised that while he was a bit xenophobic, he definitely was not Tigh. I've never played Fallout 3 but my husband has and he didn't clue in to Doc Mitchell also having been played by Hogan (he's also played Skyrim).

And I'm with Devil Keyz in having only played out TES games.
Philip Rua

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 2:24 pm

im not wrong, most people who have followed the elder scrolls wen't from earlier games to skyrim and will continue.

Im not speaking on just me, im speaking on the masses.
Any proof to back that up?
Jamie Lee

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 9:42 am

Reminding me, and millions of others.

Indeed, the majority of players. I'm very happy for you that you haven't played New Vegas, but you are a curious exception to the rule. Most people who have played Skyrim have played the prior games of Bethesda Softworks.
No. Not the majority of players. I haven't even heard Doc and Tullius been mentioned in the same sentence, and didnt connect the voices at all, and I have played both games to death. You are making assumtions here.

And is it really that bad for a voice actor to have more than one job in his life?
Sandeep Khatkar

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 11:20 pm

Tullius? Yeah, I like the voice. Farengar is also fine by me.

But I'll never forget the "Do come back..." from Belethor. Never ever.

Also, what I take from this is: "For my personal enjoyment, a voice actor CAN NOT AND WILL NOT VOICE MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER IN A CERTAIN FRANCHISE. That is all."
Dan Wright

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 10:12 pm

First thing I thought when I heard Belethor (at his general goods store!) is "Enclave Soldier" from FO3.
Destinyscharm

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 4:00 pm

And what do you want?
Some generic and stereotypical voice actor instead?
I think that he did a great job just like all other voice actors and was well chosen.

And so what he acted in NV?
He is not allowed to act in any other game because it would ruin your immursionherpderpdurrr...
By that logic, no actor should act in more than one movie.

Bad crticism is bad.
XPidgex Jefferson

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 12:31 am

Any proof to back that up?
Sales figures. Far more copies of Skyrim have been sold than Fallout: New Vegas or any other Bethesda game.
Tullius? Yeah, I like the voice. Farengar is also fine by me.

But I'll never forget the "Do come back..." from Belethor. Never ever.

Also, what I take from this is: "For my personal enjoyment, a voice actor CAN NOT AND WILL NOT VOICE MORE THAN ONE CHARACTER IN A CERTAIN FRANCHISE. That is all."
It's not even "From a certain franchise" - he's complaining about cross-franchise voice-acting.
Kevan Olson

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 12:27 am

Bad crticism is bad.

Tired meme is tired (but you are right).
Red Sauce

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 10:26 am

I think he did a good job with Tullius.
If any voicing is bad, it's Farengar and the guardsmen.

Enough said.
Richard Thompson

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 12:21 am

This thread has taught me that the general discussion forum is evil...
Sweet Blighty

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 5:57 pm

Which was his character... Who voices Farengar anyway? I don't think I've heard his actor anywhere else.
http://vimeo.com/28807261

I always associate him with Vorstag, not Farengar. :wub:

It's kind of funny that the OP is raging about Tullius being the same voice as a guy you talk to for five minutes at the start of FNV.
Conor Byrne

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 12:50 pm

The only problem with Tullius' VA is that I am continually disappointed by the fact that at no point does he refer to anyone as a "frakking toaster."

Seriously, Bethesda. You missed a golden easter egg opportunity with that one. :P

(Ahem. In all seriousness...there's nothing wrong with Michael Hogan's VA work, IMHO. One of the better ones in the game--seems to fit the character, really. Unlike the male Dunmer with the inexplicable Cockney accent, which will never stop frightening and confusing me.)
Jack Moves

Post » Thu May 03, 2012 1:19 am

I had no problem with Col. Tigh playing Gen. Tullius. I liked him in the role. He was perfect. The only thing lacking was the English accent. See when I was growing up all things with Empires had English accents and sounded like James Mason or Peter O'Toole. Claudia Christian (Legate Rikke) was very good, too, and I wish we'd hear more from her.

He also played Capt. Bailey, Chief of Security in Mass Effect 2. That doesn't bother me. Actors play different roles. It's the way they make a living. Claudia Black played Morrigan in DAO, as well as Samantha in Gears (in addition to being in Farscape and Stargate SG-1), and had a bit part in ME2 (Matriarch Aetheyta -- Asari Bartender)

Video game voice acting is a lot different than voice acting in a movie. You're given loose direction as to what emotion to put behind it, but you may not know what lines you're going to be responding to. Those lines might not be written yet. So you're shooting in the dark so to speak. Sometimes it goes over the top, sometimes it's not enough. If they've got the scripts pretty much done, you'll know more of how to respond. I read something Jennifer Hale did about voice acting for video games and how different it is from voice acting for animations where the dialogs are linear.
Angus Poole

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 9:04 pm

lol. Questioning intelligence as a first resort. Love it.

Let me translate your post : So what you mean to say is- "jeez, I never realized that actors can play diffrerent roles in different genres and still be effective at them, but I don't want to admit I could ever be wrong, so I will make personal comments about another member who made a point about an even better known actor playing multiple roles in two well known franchises that catered to similar audiences, in an attempt to make myself look good"

Now, if you can't see the several parallels between the movie makers and the game makers, the actor in those movies and the voice actor in those two games, and the two film franchises and the two game franchises, well, I can forward to you the phone number for a company that sells white canes, sunglasses, and seeing-eye dogs. Just make sure you get a braille monitor so you can contact them :wink:

This pretty much sums up the absurdity of this complaint.
The OP is really scraping the barrel to come up with this quibble.
!beef

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 11:23 pm

Reminding you. I never played the game.
+1

besides, this happens all the time in movies with voiceovers and dubbing.
louise tagg

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 10:41 am

I never played NV and only the opening bit of Fallout 3, so I didn't make any connection between the two. That said...

> Tullius has a canadian accent,

He does? I'm Canadian, and I didn't think that! (Mind you, there's more than one "Canadian" accent; they vary by region.)
Laura Samson

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 9:45 am

At least there's no Nolan North.

Well, not directly.
Laura Cartwright

Post » Wed May 02, 2012 12:31 pm

I've played Fallout NV for over 300 hours and Skyrim for just about 165 hours and only now I know that Tulios and Doc Mitchel have the same VA.

I believe wood elves in Skyrim got the same VA that did all elven males in Oblivon and many characters in Fallout 3 (Harkness, Sticky, Butch and others).

I don't bother with that. Once I got over the fact that Magneto and Gandalf are one and the same, nothing of that kind troubles me anymore.
Brian LeHury

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim