[RELz] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:28 pm

Well work on v1.1.0 is going well! Haven't done much work on object placement issues but I've been having fun decoding the cryptic error messages G.E.C.K gives and resloved most of them (except emittance errors, leaving those alone).

I've fixed quite a few nif animation errors, such as a vent fans in vault 101 near the reactor door not spinning (majority of these animation errors are simply a case of them using incorrect names eg. "bulb01:0" instead of "bulb01" ect). But the biggest animation fix so far would have to be the Galaxy News Radio tower... ever wonder why there is a pulsing red glow up there? turns out the entire tower is setup with red pulsing lights but they simply used the incorrect names, the tower http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h161/Quarn/tower.jpg with its cascading red lights up the middle and pulsing red lights on the tips.

here is something odd. there was this wastelander with a broken mr handy? civilian version and when i clicked on it i had options leave alone, fix wiring, or sabotage it. So i fixed it, talked to wastelander, got payed, but the robot didn't move, stayed there on the ground dead.

Please post formID's or atleast more specific information, text search retured nothing on "wiring" or "sabotage"... some wasterlander... some mr handy... is useless so I have no idea what you're talking about.

About FO3 bugreport tracker and floating objects and flickering and misplaced objects....

Quarn, how about making report tracker showing already reported formids and thus avoiding (possible) double reports. Make a new field in which only formids are accepted and similar formids are shown like when using net browsers. I think it would be great for beforementined categories since no additional info is needed.

I don't know how many reports are expectedin the future to make my suggestion useful and worthwhile, it's just an idea.

The bugtracker isn't something I cobbled together, its like this forum we post on... I'd need to learn php to do what you want... don't worry at all about duplicates, they don't bother me at all.
Kanaoka

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:50 pm

the mister handy in question is 00058a0e, i don't have a save with the wastelander standing there. It is an unmarked quest, "a broken robot" according to the fallout 3 wiki

ran into a different problem, angela and diego are stuck in the chapel the the priest to get married. they just stand there, u can talk to them and they respond, and the priest is floating in the air in front and to the left of the podium. funny and wierd.
Kelly Upshall

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:56 pm

the mister handy in question is 00058a0e, i don't have a save with the wastelander standing there. It is an unmarked quest, "a broken robot" according to the fallout 3 wiki

that's a random encounter, btw
Killah Bee

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:27 am

there is another unmarked quest, a crazy man, in a 2nd story build, in the alley near reilly rangers HQ, is threatening to kill a wastelander and saying crazy stuff. when i kill the crazy man, the wastelander doesn't move off and leave the area. 0005212c is the wastelander ID
Naomi Ward

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:00 pm

I just took a look at the bug tracker and... it scares me. I don't know who the heck reported all those object placements as individual issues, but can I ask that next time, when you do report some, you consolidate them into a single issue? It's much cleaner and makes finding other issues much less difficult.
Jessica Phoenix

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:34 am

alan, vampire guarding arafu, is holding is gun upside down, and the hand is at the end of the rifle stock that meets the rest of the assault rifle. alan id is 000200bf
Rebecca Clare Smith

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:07 pm

alan, vampire guarding arafu, is holding is gun upside down, and the hand is at the end of the rifle stock that meets the rest of the assault rifle. alan id is 000200bf
Like http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa150/JustinCoherent/Fallout%203/Que.png? It's not NPC specific. That's a 1.1/1.4 thing and evidently has to do with the .exe's new coding.
Natasha Callaghan

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:01 pm

Another little teaser... Fear the fire ant queen! http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h161/Quarn/FireAntQueenFixBefore.jpg\http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h161/Quarn/FireAntQueenFixAfter.jpg. I found a totally unused set of fire ant queen textures when skimming through Fallout's files... That's what the Marigold Ant Queen AKA the Fire Ant Queen will look like now.

I just took a look at the bug tracker and... it scares me. I don't know who the heck reported all those object placements as individual issues, but can I ask that next time, when you do report some, you consolidate them into a single issue? It's much cleaner and makes finding other issues much less difficult.

Majority of the object placement issues arn't seperate, usually 10+ per report... but I think I will make a master fixed list that contains all object placement issues fixed in an up coming release.

Yeah JustinOther is right, guns on npc's have been wonky v1.1+...
Liii BLATES

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:10 pm

i have some stuff for you, that you may include.
http://www.zshare.net/download/57127592cbede83f/
- better street litter
- better road markings
- two fixed hotel/museum textures. those black walls from tenpenny e.g., they simply were all transparent.
Trevi

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:56 pm

i have some stuff for you, that you may include.
http://www.zshare.net/download/57127592cbede83f/
- better street litter
- better road markings
- two fixed hotel/museum textures. those black walls from tenpenny e.g., they simply were all transparent.

Great work! All will be in v1.1.0 :)
Janette Segura

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:58 pm

Great work! All will be in v1.1.0 :)

The normal map for the street litter needs to have its alpha blacked out. The alpha is full white in it, and that will result in highly glossy paper. It may have been that way in Vanilla, but that was probably a bug too.
Charlotte X

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:32 pm

I came across the Wastelander random encounter warning me about Greyditch even after the quest was completed.

Also, is their a way to make the Firelance random ancounter happen in an area where you can actually get the weapon?
I have had it happen in the middle of a highway inside the D.C. ruins and the gun was lost. I only found a few ammo pieces. The same thing happened on the road to Raven Rock where the lance and most of the ammo landed on a cliff above me. I had to toggle 'tcl' to get them.

The Raider graffitti textures flicker at the Wheaton Armory. They only become solid when you are extremely close.
Flesh Tunnel

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 5:19 pm

The normal map for the street litter needs to have its alpha blacked out. The alpha is full white in it, and that will result in highly glossy paper. It may have been that way in Vanilla, but that was probably a bug too.

What exactly do you mean? Both the vanilla and his have no alpha channel on the normal map, I have to add a totally black alpha channel anyway to stop that annoying darkness\lightness depending on angle.

I came across the Wastelander random encounter warning me about Greyditch even after the quest was completed.

Also, is their a way to make the Firelance random ancounter happen in an area where you can actually get the weapon?
I have had it happen in the middle of a highway inside the D.C. ruins and the gun was lost. I only found a few ammo pieces. The same thing happened on the road to Raven Rock where the lance and most of the ammo landed on a cliff above me. I had to toggle 'tcl' to get them.

The Raider graffitti textures flicker at the Wheaton Armory. They only become solid when you are extremely close.

I found about 13 that flickered when at quite a distance but nothing requiring you to be "extremely close" before becoming solid... some formID's would be nice.
Maeva

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:18 pm

I found about 13 that flickered when at quite a distance but nothing requiring you to be "extremely close" before becoming solid... some formID's would be nice.

I get them as soon as I am able, but those are the textures I was referring to. Purhaps my wording was a little too extreme. They flicker pretty badly at moderate to long range from them.
Jake Easom

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:46 pm

I am having trouble with this, I recently had to reinstall all of my mods(long story, don't ask) and I have everything placed properly, but when I load up FOMM I can't get the unofficial patch to load before any of my ESMs and I can't remember how I did it before. I had changed the date on the unofficial .esp to be from before all of my other .ESMs(except for fallout3.esm) and it is still loading fifth.
Brandon Bernardi

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:03 am

So is there no version being worked on for compatibility with 1.4.0.6?
chirsty aggas

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:08 pm

It is compatible to 1.4.0.6 as there no real difference in gameplay to 1.1.0.35, just the added achievements for the DLC The Pitt.
SiLa

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:58 pm

So is there no version being worked on for compatibility with 1.4.0.6?
There's no difference between the 1.1 and 1.4 Fallout3.esm's except the new game setting for buying multiple DLC's. There shouldn't be any incompatability issues with any version.

I am having trouble with this, I recently had to reinstall all of my mods(long story, don't ask) and I have everything placed properly, but when I load up FOMM I can't get the unofficial patch to load before any of my ESMs and I can't remember how I did it before. I had changed the date on the unofficial .esp to be from before all of my other .ESMs(except for fallout3.esm) and it is still loading fifth.
Odd. FOMM's letting me load .esp's before .esm's still. You could ESMify your UF3P w/ FO3Edit and it will surely load before your other .esm's.
Louise Dennis

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:13 am

Odd. FOMM's letting me load .esp's before .esm's still. You could ESMify your UF3P w/ FO3Edit and it will surely load before your other .esm's.

I have no idea how to go about doing that, and all the searches I have come up with either lead to tutorials for back in morrowind days or to the useless GECK wiki page on it.
Tom

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:13 pm

Well all ESM's load before ESP's anyway, so long as it is before your ESP's it will be fine.
Yvonne

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:34 pm

ESMification
  • Open .esp plugin in FO3Edit
  • Expand its tree in the left panel
  • Select "File Header"
  • In the Right panel while in "View", locate the "Record Flags" entry
  • Directly to the right, R-click the empty white field and click the ESM box
  • Save changes by closing FO3Edit and checking the mod you're ESMifying
  • Change the file extension from .esp to .esm
You can't edit .esm's in the GECK, however you can ESPify any .esm in the same manner, edit it in the GECK, then Re-ESMmify it when you're done.
Isaiah Burdeau

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:38 am

ESMification
  • Select "File Header"
You can't edit .esm's in the GECK, however you can ESPify any .esm in the same manner, edit it in the GECK, then Re-ESMmify it when you're done.

I was thinking about making UF3P an esm for next version... but still unsure about some things, a person talked to me about land edits (I think) needing to be done differently for ESM's (like they are done in anchorage) but those PM's seem to have been purged... If anyone knows what I'm blabing on about let me know...
Jeneene Hunte

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:00 am

ESMification
  • Select "File Header"

Cool, thank you very much.
Sophie Morrell

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:21 pm

I was thinking about making UF3P an esm for next version... but still unsure about some things, a person talked to me about land edits (I think) needing to be done differently for ESM's (like they are done in anchorage) but those PM's seem to have been purged... If anyone knows what I'm blabing on about let me know...
As far as I know, all the edits should work the same whether in an .esm or an .esp, but I'd ask Elminster as he'd know for sure. Also, http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa150/JustinCoherent/Fallout%203/00000A8B.png. :biglaugh: VarBrotherhoodOfSteel1Flamer [LVLN:00000A8B] is referenced nine times as an alpha layer in Fallout3.esm's WRLD group.
Cool, thank you very much.
No prob. <3 FO3Edit
Sakura Haruno

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:40 pm

As far as I know, all the edits should work the same whether in an .esm or an .esp, but I'd ask Elminster as he'd know for sure. Also, http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa150/JustinCoherent/Fallout%203/00000A8B.png. :biglaugh: VarBrotherhoodOfSteel1Flamer [LVLN:00000A8B] is referenced nine times as an alpha layer in Fallout3.esm's WRLD group.

That reminds me, do you know if there are any general rules behind making an .esm and .esp file(s) for mods? I remember the rules for Morrowind(basically only if changing vanilla references instead of just ones you add) but am out of my league past that.

I miss Morrowind, when I finish my mod I may have to reinstall it and give it a go for a little reminiscing.
leigh stewart

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3