[RELz] Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:55 pm

That reminds me, do you know if there are any general rules behind making an .esm and .esp file(s) for mods? I remember the rules for Morrowind(basically only if changing vanilla references instead of just ones you add) but am out of my league past that.

I miss Morrowind, when I finish my mod I may have to reinstall it and give it a go for a little reminiscing.
As I see it, mods which either add resources which will be referenced by other plugins or patch mods which edit vanilla entries seem the best candidates for esmification. Changes to Fallout3.esm just clean up the stage, so to speak, and the resource mods inherently have to load before their dependents. I think of it like building a foundation, but from the top down. Although FOMM and the game don't seem to mind .esp's loading before .esm's, it still makes sense to keep those files loading first, just like in Oblivion. I'm so dependent upon FO3Edit that I always keep my .esm's first. FO3Edit will load the same list FOMM does, but reorders the .esm's before .esp's.

@Quarn: http://rapidshare.com/files/214036401/Megaton_LTEX_Fix.esp.html's a plugin which fixes 31 instances in Megaton where a leveled NPC is referenced as an LTEX
El Goose

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:05 pm

Hey Quarn, how goes the patch process. Are you going to release a Operation: Achorage and/or The Pitt patch too?
Neko Jenny

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:49 pm

As I see it, mods which either add resources which will be referenced by other plugins or patch mods which edit vanilla entries seem the best candidates for esmification. Changes to Fallout3.esm just clean up the stage, so to speak, and the resource mods inherently have to load before their dependents. I think of it like building a foundation, but from the top down. Although FOMM and the game don't seem to mind .esp's loading before .esm's, it still makes sense to keep those files loading first, just like in Oblivion. I'm so dependent upon FO3Edit that I always keep my .esm's first. FO3Edit will load the same list FOMM does, but reorders the .esm's before .esp's.

@Quarn: http://rapidshare.com/files/214036401/Megaton_LTEX_Fix.esp.html's a plugin which fixes 31 instances in Megaton where a leveled NPC is referenced as an LTEX

Thanks, merged in :)

Hey Quarn, how goes the patch process. Are you going to release a Operation: Achorage and/or The Pitt patch too?

Yeah unofficial DLC patches will be with the next version of the UF3P.
Kellymarie Heppell

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:44 pm

Thanks, merged in :)
No prob. Seemed like the best place for it. :) VarBrotherhoodOfSteel1Flamer was really a part of the landscape 'round Meagaton, literally. :biglaugh: Sometimes I'd see a flash of light when entering there or even crash, so maybe that'll smooth over getting through the gate.
GLOW...

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 3:11 pm

Actually after some testing I think I'll leave them out... as far as I can see since the megaton world space is a child to the wasteland thus it inherits all the landscape features (textures, formation ect). So if you edit the landscape in MegatonWorld>MegatonEntrance -1,-6 then the landscape in Wasteland>MegatonTown -1,-6 will be edited instead and the change will apepar in both places (G.E.C.K and in Fallout 3).
Stephy Beck

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:29 pm

Quarn!

Though UFOP is almost just your work I think you could release the next patch. I personally don't care if it is 1.1.0 or 0.95 or whatever, I just think it is much better to release "smaller" patches (as I follow bug tracker almost every day I can see a lot of new bugs fixed from the first release) and see no need to wait until certain bugs or certain number of floating items are fixed. As you may expect there will still be new bugs reported, but meanwhile the users could at least make use of newly fixed bugs instead of using just the first patch.

I know you were deciding between esp and esm, but please keep thing simple, you can always add new features and complicate things later. :)

Just release new patch, we will still inform you about new or persistant problems. ;)

Maybe I oversimplify things, but I'd really like to see the ingame difference with some fixes.

Since Easter is slowly coming I wish you all a merry celebration and fun with painting eggs!!!!
Jenna Fields

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:34 pm

i found a bug in the head of state quest, don't know if u found it or not. I cleared out the Lincoln memorial and the quest updated stating it was clear of slavers, did the history museum, returned to Hannibal and talked to him, met them at subway near the Lincoln memorial, talked to Hannibal and completed head of state quest.
i then talked to Caleb and he said slavers were in the Lincoln memorial and that Hannibal probably had a plan to cure this problem. And everybody went to the Lincoln memorial shortly after that.
Caleb id is000278e0
Mistress trades Melissa

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:08 am

Actually after some testing I think I'll leave them out... as far as I can see since the megaton world space is a child to the wasteland thus it inherits all the landscape features (textures, formation ect). So if you edit the landscape in MegatonWorld>MegatonEntrance -1,-6 then the landscape in Wasteland>MegatonTown -1,-6 will be edited instead and the change will apepar in both places (G.E.C.K and in Fallout 3).

I think this is a missunderstood about what Parent/Child Worldspaces actually do. I worked a lot with Parent/Child worldspaces and never discovered any change to the parent/child, when changing one of them. Also there is no entry for "use data" for the landscape. I don't know why the Wiki had missleading information about that before.
Brandi Norton

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:27 am

*bump* v1.1.0 is now available! It includes some fixes for Operation Anchorage\The Pitt too.
Sarah Kim

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:51 pm

*bump* v1.1.0 is now available! It includes some fixes for Operation Anchorage\The Pitt too.

Sweet, good work as always. Your patches are the best.
chinadoll

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:19 pm

the essential mod as always!!!
Riky Carrasco

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:29 am

Is there something special to do when updating? Uninstall previous version? Copy over?
Talitha Kukk

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:21 pm

Does this mod also fixes the missing .dds texture errors?
Got a hole bunch of them
quick list:
Could not get file for texture textures\Characters\head\earshuman.dds
Could not get file for texture textures\Characters\head\earshuman_n.dds
Could not get file for texture textures\Characters\head\earshuman_sk.dds
Could not get file for texture textures\Characters\mouth\mouthhuman.dds
Could not get file for texture textures\Characters\mouth\teethlowerhuman_n.dds
Could not get file for texture textures\Characters\mouth\teethupperhuman_n.dds
Could not get file for texture textures\Characters\mouth\toguehuman_n.dds

Or is there an other mod out there for those fixes?
Dewayne Quattlebaum

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:33 am

Does this mod also fixes the missing .dds texture errors?
Got a hole bunch of them
quick list:
Could not get file for texture textures\Characters\head\earshuman.dds
Could not get file for texture textures\Characters\head\earshuman_n.dds
Could not get file for texture textures\Characters\head\earshuman_sk.dds
Could not get file for texture textures\Characters\mouth\mouthhuman.dds
Could not get file for texture textures\Characters\mouth\teethlowerhuman_n.dds
Could not get file for texture textures\Characters\mouth\teethupperhuman_n.dds
Could not get file for texture textures\Characters\mouth\toguehuman_n.dds

Or is there an other mod out there for those fixes?

Try installing the patch and see for yourself ;)

((says it's fixed in the patch notes))

ALSO: I read that there were some changes that enabled the vault suit reactions for NPCs (I've been thinking about starting a legit vault character) but all it lists are the vault suit, and the security suit... does this also apply to the utility suit and the armored vault 101 suit? If not, any way you could either make a quick patch, or tell me how to make one for myself?
Kat Stewart

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:22 pm

ALSO: I read that there were some changes that enabled the vault suit reactions for NPCs (I've been thinking about starting a legit vault character) but all it lists are the vault suit, and the security suit... does this also apply to the utility suit and the armored vault 101 suit? If not, any way you could either make a quick patch, or tell me how to make one for myself?

I did, but error is still there. Probb forgot to activate the mod.
James Shaw

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 11:50 am

Horrah, latest patch.
Great work, thanks so much!
Nany Smith

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 9:14 pm

Is there something special to do when updating? Uninstall previous version? Copy over?

Yes you need to uninstall, the first post says that up the top also the nexus page. Quite a few things changed.

Well most of those reactions are for when you just get out of vault 101, they didn't include the other vault 101 apparel, so they shouldn't react if your wearing say vault 92 apparel. You get the armored vault 101 suit after leaving vault 101 so they shouldn't react to it... I mean after all it is all dirty plus it is hanging up behind moria.

I did, but error is still there. Probb forgot to activate the mod.

Meh my fault I prob should of left those out of the UF3P BSA, you'll need to load the UF3P esm for the errors to go away or add the UF3P BSA to your sarchivelist in your GECKCustom.ini.
Charlotte X

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:12 am

Meh my fault I prob should of left those out of the UF3P BSA, you'll need to load the UF3P esm for the errors to go away or add the UF3P BSA to your sarchivelist in your GECKCustom.ini.

Yhea. Well, thats my problem to atm. I really want to get those errors away, so i need that patch.
But if i use the patch, my mod and the patch are linked together. And then everyone who's going to use my mod, also needs the unofficial patch. I don't like the idea of forcing someone to use something they don't want to.
But working without the patch is also a problem, because that way i can't find errors in my own mod. Those missing textures links appear to much, and then the " MetHallLite01 (01031CDC) does not support external emitterance but ref has explicit emittance data" error pops up also to much. That way its hard for me to find my mistakes.

So, atm, i'm not sure how to solve my situation. A possibility is that i load my mod with the patch active, see what errors there are. And then load my mod alone and fix the errors.
Alyna

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 4:44 pm

As I said add "Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.bsa" to your sarchivelist in your GECKCustom.ini located in your \My Documents\My Games\Fallout3\ and the errors will go away, it won't make your mod reliant on UF3P.

Yeah I won't fix the emittance errors... they affect nothing in-game, there are hundreds of them, and you'd need to load the UF3P in GECK to get it to quit whining about the errors.
krystal sowten

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 6:30 pm

Well most of those reactions are for when you just get out of vault 101, they didn't include the other vault 101 apparel, so they shouldn't react if your wearing say vault 92 apparel. You get the armored vault 101 suit after leaving vault 101 so they should react to it... I mean after all it is all dirty plus it is hanging up behind moria.

Ah, wasn't sure. Figured it was supposed to be whenever you wore a vault 101 uniform (security, normal, utility, science, or armored)
Georgine Lee

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 7:25 pm

Bah seems ESM overrides arn't useless after all... they are needed for any modified placed object or they will be unaffect by the changes :( So UF3P will have to be an esp again until we get something that can automatically generate the ESM overrides. v1.1.1 will be up soon...
joseluis perez

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 2:52 pm

As I said add "Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.bsa" to your sarchivelist in your GECKCustom.ini located in your \My Documents\My Games\Fallout3\ and the errors will go away, it won't make your mod reliant on UF3P.

Yeah I won't fix the emittance errors... they affect nothing in-game, there are hundreds of them, and you'd need to load the UF3P in GECK to get it to quit whining about the errors.

Ow, srry, i didn't understand it first what you meant with "add "Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch.bsa" to your sarchivelist in your GECKCustom.ini".
What are the emittance errors? I don't understand it
Laura-Lee Gerwing

Post » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:06 am

What are the emittance errors? I don't understand it

http://geck.gamesas.com/index.php/External_Emittance
Kate Murrell

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:07 pm

I'm not sure if it has something to do with the latest UFOP, but since installing it I'm not able to finish the part of the Wasteland Survival Guide where you have to damage and cripple yourself. Both conditions are not recognized by the game. Uninstalling the old UFOP and installing the new one where the only changes to my load order before this happened.

I will try again with the new v.1.1.1.

If this doesn't work, does anybody know the id of the stage to finish the quest (only this part) via the console? I couldn't find anything on the net...

Thanks!
tegan fiamengo

Post » Fri Aug 14, 2009 12:56 pm

A mutfruit to the first person who states what seems different about Dogmeat. ;)

Also, remember that if you have Plasma Rifle Awesomefied, you'll need to re-install it because UF3P has a fix to the vanilla rifle. You'll probably get an unpleasant-to-the-eye reminder next time you whip out the plasma rifle, though... ;) Nevermind, the BSA nature nullifies this problem now.

Quarn, I recommend having the Archive Invalidation Invalidated BSA's name just shortened to "AII" and the Unofficial Fallout 3 Patch BSA shortened to just "UF3P". Remember, there's a character limit in the BSA load list for those sticking with the 1.0.15 patch because of the VATS bugs.
Annick Charron

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout 3