Unofficial Morrowind Patch Thread

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:39 pm

http://www.gamesas.com/user/455410-arsuru/,
You dont understand me( Transparent her model, not texture.

I dont understand one thing. What a bug with sleeper and what name of rhis sleeper? Hanarai Assutlanipal?
Lisha Boo

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:52 pm

Well, in-game game there is nothing odd about the queen that I can see. If the model is transparent, I don't see how that would matter anyway unless there is some other texture that it conflicts with. If there is a problem, you can post a picture.

Hanari is a setup as a cultist in-game, but has some sleeper dialogue that is available if you've killed Dagoth Ur. The idea is that she could reasonably be a sleeper, as she is still quite normal looking, just with greater influence than the others, perhaps, since killing her frees a sleeper. It's not really something that is easily definable as a bug, so I probably wouldn't put it in the normal version if I were to do anything with it. It's a nice idea though.
JeSsy ArEllano

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:45 am

Just go through her ass))
I post a picture soon.

About Hanarai. I add journal A1_Sleepers_Assutlanipal:
Name Sleepers Awake
I spoke with Hanarai Assutlanipal who had been driven mad by dreams of Dagoth Ur and the Sixth House. This former 'Sleeper' thanked me, and promised to tell others how I had saved her life. Also i add new dialog to Sixth House like other sleepers, where she thanks you. And in existent Hanarai dialog in topic Sixth House i add
;Sleepers;
player->ModReputation 1
Journal A1_Sleepers_Assutlanipal 1
to Result.
So if you done HR_SixthHouseBase you give +1 to reputation and if you member of other Great House you must speek to Hanarai after killing DU and you give +1.

Go creating screen about ass. And i have not any texture replacers.
UPD http://hostingkartinok.com/show-image.php?id=97bb5b9e4832e5e3c0139518f6793fb9
This may be fixed as either?

>Her Hand's Shield have 15 points!!!
Her Hand's Shield have 55 points.
lucy chadwick

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:29 am

Are you referring to if you glitch into her egg sac? The model isn't set up to render both sides of that mesh iirc. So that's why it would be "transparent" or invisible from the inside looking out. But it should be opaque looking in.
Lance Vannortwick

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:09 am

Tell me about it. There's loads of errors with weapons, armor, clothing etc. For example.

- Some regular shields (For example Ebony) have the same AR value as Towershields in the same set and sometimes the same weight (glass), althought they really shouldn't due to their size and what's the point of wearing a Towershield if it has the same AR value?

- Some "Long" spears have the same weapon length as thier regular counterparts, they have the name "Long Spear" for reason.

- Helseth boots and greaves have diffrent AR value than the rest of the set.

- Her Hand's Shield have 15 points!!! lower AR than the rest of the set (70 AR) and its value is only 2500, 500 coins over the regular indoril shield. Probably a typo &--#62; 25000

- No idea why Hlaalu Sharpshooters have a shield in thier inventory.

- Dwemer Constructs should be immune to poison and paralyze, they are machines and shouldn't feel the effect of these things.

These may be viewed as realism changes, but I still think that they should be fixed.
Blessed DIVA

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:44 am

previous threads indicate that changing object values are a no-no. only change if the name is incorrect, wrong model used, wrong icon, enchantment, etc. changing anything else upsets the community.
heck i wasn't happy when the devs officially changed nordic mail from awesome medium armor to medicre heavy armor.
Tarka

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:20 pm

That's pretty much the idea for Hanari, Fritz. As for the queen, what Melchior said is correct. If you go to the opposite side of any mesh, you can see through it. It happens a lot while swimming or levitating close to a ceiling, for example. I think I've ended up inside the queen too, so now I see what you mean. Clipping is just unavoidable though. Thanks for the picture.

That's not even half of it! A lot of enchanted shields have stats that don't match their unenchanted model, or those of a different shield altogether. Tribunal content is arguably just scaled for higher level characters with little concern for consistency. It's a good example of fake difficulty. It's the only reason I can justify half the material as not a decimal error. I mean, all the darts stronger than Daedric, not even counting enchantments. Darts, of all things.

Well, as I've stated, I'd (hopefully) be leaving the controversial changes for another version. Even things like the robes that I find very hard to argue against changing should probably be left to it. Someone will probably be unhappy with something no matter what is done though.
daniel royle

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:07 am

Yepp Its a real pain in the ass to "fix" those things.. don't know how many hours I've sat up and scratched my head.. its so hard keeping track of it all. And then you can't really stop in the middle of things, cause one tend to forget.

There's also an issue with arrows and bolts that disturbs me quite a lot

For example:

Steel arrows are more expensive than Silver arrows. They also caused more damage. If you check regular weapons silver weapons always had better stats and were more expensive.

Bonemold bolts are are more expensive than Steel bolts but Bonemold arrows were less expensive than Steel arrows. Made no sense at all.

I will keep posting this stuff If you'll make an alternative version.
Roberta Obrien

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:57 am

I'd love to see a mod that touches nothing more than marksman weapons. They've always seemed messed up to me, weight, damage, and value.
Teghan Harris

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:54 pm

Seems to me that the discussion would be helped if there were a table somewhere that shows the issues you're citing by arrow/missile type. Does UESPWiki have a matrix set up that shows the problem at a glance?

I kind of follow what you're saying, just that I'm not as aware of it because my chars usually don't use marksmanship weapons. When they do, their focus has been more on the bow (if applicable) than the missile.
Chloe :)

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:12 pm

I honestly have no idea how I'd even want to start. Weight was always a big issue for me, and even if you think about the number representing volume as well, it doesn't always solve things. A sheet of paper weighs as much as a pillow or bottle. Some items were obviously left with the weight unchanged from default compared to other like items. It might be harder to make things internally consistent than it would be to just rebalance everything, and that might be something that wouldn't fit an alternate version either, but another project that I think could incorporate the patch.

You can certainly post things, but due the the amount of stuff, I wonder if it would be best left to it's own topic for more specific discussion.

There are a few marksman mods, but I've not used them. Intelligentsia's Marksman and Xenn's Marksman Overhaul have been well received, with Xenn's appearing to be less dramatic, only adding a few new weapons in addition to changing stats.

UESP has tables that are pretty straightforward, though the CS can show it just as well (and probably better, as UESP lists expansion content on separate pages) if you sort the columns by clicking the headers. Most missiles add arguably negligible damage to the bows, and the more damaging ones are so ridiculously expensive in comparison to be hardly worth using. By the time your marksman skill is high enough that you would hit accurately with them, the damage you'll probably be doing with cheap munitions will be more than enough. And if you enchant some arrows with the MCP, well...

Thrown weapons are more useful than they seem, even with their small damage, but realistically they should be able to do a lot more.

Ah, body part damage...
Sunny Under

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:18 am

Yes thrown weapons are useful as they are now and tweaking their stats might be very hard. Thrown weapons are a great defensive weapons wich realy shows its strenght on a character with high athletics and block skill: You can carry a shield and thrown weapons can be fired so fast that the enemy cant move a single meter once the marksman skill is high enough. Maybe the regular missles are intended to be supportive weapons and no damage dealers? There are still daedric darts and the insane ones from Tribunal to deliver a lot of damage.
xemmybx

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:08 am

http://depositfiles.com/files/u556zcz71
Naazhe Perezz

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:39 am

Anteres, you are too cool. Kudos-turtles for your effort /turtle.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':turtle:' /> /turtle.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':turtle:' /> /turtle.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':turtle:' /> /cool.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':cool:' />
elliot mudd

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:36 am

Thank you, Anteres, it works beautifully.
Jason King

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:16 am

You are the man! Thanks a lot.

May I include this in my blighted animals mod please? Also will you release this or will it be added to Arsurus fixes?
Mackenzie

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:12 pm

it' s intended as a resource.
Kieren Thomson

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:26 pm

Arsuru,
Privet!
Indaren Ancestral Tomb occuped by daedra, but bk_Nerano says that should be undead here.
Just replace:
in_dae_all_lev-2 to in_tomb_all_lev-2
in_dae_all_lev+2 to in_tomb_all_lev+2
in_dae_all_lev+0 to in_tomb_all_lev+0
Also bk_Nerano says: He sent a small band of the dead to Dralas, should be Tyronius here, not Dralas)
Anteres,
May i include your NixFix in russian Morrowind fix, named GFM?
rolanda h

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:13 am

/wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
Jessie Rae Brouillette

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:21 am

The note doesn't mention Indaren having undead, but Dralas, which does have undead.

The note describes Dralas Ancestral Tomb, not the NPC.

The note found on Tyronius, (sc_Tyronius) however, does mention undead. Considering the whole story, it would make sense that they are undead instead of daedra. I'm not sure it is something that should be changed for a general release though.
matt oneil

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 7:28 pm

You are right about Dralas, that mistake in russian translation, Dralas is writed like NPC here, i correct this to location.
But sc_Tyronius says they attacked by undead. Goris the necromancer kill all of them, so anyway undead should be there, imho)

Arcimaestro Anteres,
/thumbsup.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':thumbsup:' />
Josh Sabatini

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:26 pm

one of the walls near the stairs, in Rethan Manor, has just one side!

Has it been fixed?
Emily Jones

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:46 pm

I'm pretty sure someone did, but I don't know who or what the mod is offhand.
Catherine N

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:28 pm

I dont meet mod that fixes wall inside in_hlaalu_hall_stairsr in Rethan Manor. Should be in_hlaalu_wall on stair side.
Pos:
Rot:
A Dardzz

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:54 am

Is this compatible with BTB's mod and MGSO and Morrowind Patch Project and Morrowind Code Patch?
lucy chadwick

PreviousNext

Return to III - Morrowind