Unofficial Morrowind Patch Thread

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:26 am

Thank you very much, I think that's all I was missing now.
Sherry Speakman

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:37 am

Links updated. Thanks for the other versions, arv. 1.6.4 was totally unavailable with the closing of Elric's site. I still wouldn't recommend them; quorn pulled them for a reason, and he probably knows the intricacies better than I do, honestly, having spent more time inside. But if they don't cause problems... I've never went thought the change log thoroughly, but I've seen things that could cause problems. I've never actually had problems with the newer versions, but then, I wasn't using a lot of mods either.
Catherine N

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:52 pm

Nvm, resolved.
Emily Jones

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:52 am

Okay, this really isn't the place for anything but the patch. There are a lot of mods that are less than available right now due to FilePlanet closing. If you have searched and can't find something, post in the Mod Detectives thread.
Prohibited

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:55 pm

Excellent. I've the old UMP 1.6.3b and I'll upload it to MMH, but I wonder who has the 1.2.x version and I think that version should also be uploaded. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' />

@Arsuru: If you want to have some feedback and more access to MMH, then I suggest that you start an UMP thread on GHF too just like what Hrnchamd did when he released http://www.fliggerty.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=53&t=1008 2-3 years ago.
Janette Segura

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:12 am

1.6.3b and 1.2.2b are both linked to in the opening post. They are on PES, and you can still find them on http://www.paulcarr.com.au/elderscrolls/. I will likely join and make a thread over at GHF. I've been meaning to join for some time now, just lazy. /tongue.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':tongue:' />
Genevieve

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:19 pm

Thanks for fixing those links, because they were broken earlier. I downloaded everything I could on Thepal's site. /biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':biggrin:' />
JD bernal

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:01 am

v0.4 of my fixes:
http://morrowind.nexusmods.com/mods/36373
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/83265276/arvisrends%20Morrowind%20fixes.7z (the old links now also lead to this)
http://download.fliggerty.com/download-55-673

The only change since v0.3 is the addition of a new ESP which noticeably reduces the lag in the Dren Plantation. This is somewhat more invasive than the rest of the patch and can conflict with plugins that change the slaves and scripts in the Dren Plantation.
Austin England

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:31 am

May I use these fixes if possible in Rebirth? I'm having even worse lag-spikes due to a large number of new statics in the area.
Chris Cross Cabaret Man

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:00 pm

Of course, but if you do so, please instruct the player in your readme to not run Rebirth alongside my Dres Plantation ESP.
Lizs

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:07 pm

Yes ofc and thanks! I will check it out later tonight /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Sarah Evason

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:55 am

Thanks for the update /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Emmie Cate

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:02 am

I can't wait until the MWRB is out to see the changes in-game of this update. Anyway thanks for the update mate. /banana.gif' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':banana:' />
Lloyd Muldowney

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:45 am

Most of this thread hasn't even been about the UMP at all. I've said it once already, but this thread is for the UMP. I'm the one that is probably going to be sorting through this thread – among others – when I start CS work, so I'd like to keep it as relevant as possible.

Arvisrend, you really should consider making a separate thread for your fixes. While I understand that they are intended to go alongside the UMP, it really doesn't belong here, and directing people here – especially with the newest version adding something that is clearly not a bug fix – is only going to confuse people. While I will certainly include fixes that are needed from yours or any other little fix mod where appropriate, this topic is for the development and support of the UMP, not your mod. Please don't treat it as such.
Tyrone Haywood

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:28 am

Oops. I thought this was the continuation of http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1118992-morrowind-patch-project-bug-report-thread (your signature suggested that actually).
kyle pinchen

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:33 am

Well, this does work as such; I can't go about fixing what isn't caught by me or reported anyway. I was just using the old one until the post limit since there was still plenty of space there when I announced that I intend to continue with this.
Allison C

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:37 am

I'm not sure if anyone is interested in this or not, but I've found a bug.

The quest http://uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Ondres_Nerano%27s_Slanders has quite a few problems (all the House Redoran quests that Athyn Sarethi gives you are purely done imho).

FIrst if Ondres Nerano is already dead, you can't complete the quest, second if you duel him, you will get the journal entry that you have won, but he will still keep on attacking you. Third, I think there should be an award if you didn't hurt him (he didn't loose HP) ie. you fought with "Hand-to-hand" and íou knocked him only unconscious.
sara OMAR

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:26 am

Can you reproduce it and ensure it's not a conflict? I've only done the Redoran quests once, but I had no problems with the duel. Extra rewards are not in the design of the patch.
Kellymarie Heppell

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:23 pm

The problem was, that I kept on hitting him, even after I got the journal message. (I saw it a split second to late, and clicked with the mouse again).

(In the CS you get a stopfight and a forcegreeting if he is below 50% health or if he is unconscious, but obviously he can't forcegreet you when he is unconscious, which meant I've got the journal message, but I could still keep on "fighting" him ie. I was clicking with the mouse without realising that he is already unconscious).

An easy solution would be to change the "hand-to-hand" aspect of the quest from OnKnockOut == 1 to getfatigue <= x% (I guess 20-25% would be a good number).

The redoran quests from Athyn Sarethi are purely written (dialogue wise, and CS wise), it would be cool if there would be a difference in his dialogue if you have killed him, or just knocked him out. Right now, there is none as far I can see. Under reward I meant, something like +5 points to House reputation, or just a "compliment" on a job well done.
Chavala

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:32 pm

This part of report is quest tweak rather than bug fix, so as far as I understand it's beyond of Arsuru's project. And I approve this - fix bugs but keep the game in vanilla state and let modders tweak quests when they think it's worth it.

Arsuru you should definitely check out Voice->Hit section in CS which is completely messed up. For example male Imperials always make the same hit sound when their health is below 75%. Almost every race have this kind of bugs (wrong values, wrong order which prevents other sounds from playing etc.). MPP didn't fix most of them.
Dalton Greynolds

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:19 am

I disagree, but I guess I'm in the minority. :-(
Connor Wing

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 8:31 pm

i still think this should go modular. not so much for choices, but for development and review. like post all the changes to a certain object group for review what should be included and what should be discarded. of course this gets more difficult for dialog stuff.

though, i think this project should start from scratch and only address issues that were game-breaking. any other 'bugfix' that was applied that didn't result in a game breaking issue should be considered a tweak and omitted. that would be most fair.
Vicky Keeler

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:19 am

Oh, I see what you mean. Yes, that can be a problem, but if you pay attention it needn't be. Yes, that could be changed, but I think I'd rather give the forcegreet once he gets up, which is arguably more complicated than it needs to be. As it is, if you speak to him afterward (a reasonable thing to do in this situation), it continues as if he had forcegreeted you. It could be argued that making him weary isn't good enough to convince him, and he needs to be knocked out to get it through his pompous Hlaalu skull. He's a Dunmer, a noble, and in a Great House. He's proud. Keeping things as designed and fixing them is the goal here.

You already get House Redoran reputation for the quest. What you describe is still an extra reward, and is not fit for the patch. The issue with him being dead already should be fixed though, but how that should be done is probably way too subjective. Many quests pin the player with the crime, and I never liked that because there could have been no witnesses. The simplest thing to do would be to just skip it.

Sounds like fun. /wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':wink:' />

No matter how illogical you think not having a reward is, or that a quest doesn't account for every detail or isn't satisfactory to you, it's not necessarily a bug. A bug is when it doesn't work as intended. There are many instances where things just don't seem right or have logical fallacies, like not accounting for the death of someone. I would like to release an additional plugin to address these, but that is not fit for this patch.

Modularity is very likely to some degree, for precisely that reason. Though I don't see much reason in a modular release, as it doesn't seem any easier from my perspective for modders to exclude what they don't want.

I've stated form the beginning that I intend to start from scratch, though I'm not going to only include game-breaking things. Some things just don't work as designed, but don't break the game. The Ring of Equity is a fine example.
Veronica Flores

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:50 am

if you're starting from scratch on a new patch mod, rather than building on any of the the existing patch projects, it's probably good idea to come up with your own name for your personal patch project, rather than using the name of the existing UMP/MPP. As if it isn't confusing enough to many people as to which version to use. It could be seen as hijacking the patch project "brand" if the torch hasn't been actually passed to you from any of the people that worked on the previous versions, and you are scrapping all of their work to do it over again. Just reverting to the old name and calling it v2 is asking for confusion if its an entirely new patch unrelated to the previous projects. For example, calling it "Arsuru's Unofficial Morrowind Patch" would avoid a lot of confusion.

If I've misunderstood the scope, goal, or process of this mod, I apologize in advance.
Victoria Bartel

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:48 pm

Well, quorn just kinda picked it up out of nowhere after years of inactivity (as I was going to do before he did anyway). I'm pretty much doing the same, as I intended form the beginning, though back then I probably wouldn't have handled it as I am now. While I don't know if the torch had been passed to quorn 'officially', http://www.gamesas.com/topic/1118992-morrowind-patch-project-bug-report-thread/page__view__findpost__p__17911979 I did try to contact him for more info though, but he never responded, and I'm guessing he just hasn't been back here since he left and never got the PM.

It is already confusing as it is, with multiple names and betas end edited betas... A new version would hopefully alleviate that. It's been a long time, and a re-evaluation and restructuring would probably be a benefit, and such a change deserves a whole version number. It's not unrelated to the previous versions, and it's not a scraping of the old work. Most things probably won't need to be changed from the way they were implemented before. I'm replicating the same fixes. I could just change what is needed or remove what isn't, but by starting from scratch it will be it easier for me to manage and document.

quorn changed the name, and that could be seen as hijacking as well. I think he may have had a much larger plan though, going by the name he gave it and some things he said and did. As far as I'm concerned, there is no real torch. It's succession of management seems to have worked itself out so far. Somewhat haphazardly, but it works just the same. No objections have been raised to my taking it over, and nobody else has volunteered. I'm sure people are just happy that it's being worked on. I was going to make my own fork at one point because I thought it was getting out of hand, but that isn't needed now.

The effort of previous contributors should be acknowledged, but this isn't something that one 'owns'. This mod is possible because of the community's effort and Bethesda's screw-ups. This is everyone's patch, but understandably, nobody really wants to manage it. Anybody can make fixes, all I'm really doing is putting a bunch of them together. I like fixing stuff, so it doesn't bother me much, but if someone else wanted to do it, it wouldn't really be a problem. Though it's not like we have a ton of people complaining about broken stuff and need a new version right away, so I don't see much need for anyone else to bother.
Cesar Gomez

PreviousNext

Return to III - Morrowind