Unofficial Morrowind Patch Thread

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:33 am

I believe I'm using the latest versions of both the Unofficial Patch and Code Patch, and the following issues remain:

1. The doors out of Assemanu shrine are locked and can't be unlocked (even though you entered through one of them); only an Unlock spell or enchantment works.
http://www.gamesas.com/assemanu-shrine-still-bugged-t152170.html

2. Eydis Fire-Eye still greets you with "have you brought that codebook yet?" even after you deliver Bittercup to her and she agrees to drop that quest.

3. In quite a few quests, the quest-giver's dialog doesn't link to the location or name needed for the quest the first time it's spoken. You need to click that topic again to get the quest-giver to repeat what he said, and on the second time the appropriate links appear.
Maria Garcia

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:17 am

I've mentioned this a few times, in various threads. No one had yet to add it to the MPP. (I made my own patch for it)

Weird thing... that forum "post" you linked to was originally from this forum. I made that post here last year.
What is with those fake forums, full of fake users? Is that just how someone has chosen to archive threads from this forum? Or are they stealing just to get hits from Google?
Jennifer May

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:39 am

Yeah, http://www.gamesas.com/ is a strange site. It's a clone of these forums, with no link to register.
The Time Car

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 6:51 am

The users are real, but the names have been changed to protect the guilty. They're there to get hits from Google for ad revenue and nothing more.
Antony Holdsworth

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 5:59 am

I believe this has to do with the way topics are introduced. If they aren't given before they are needed, they won't be linked correctly immediately. I've recorded quite a few of these, but you if you can report any, that would be nice. Might be a real pain to fix though.
hannaH

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:56 am

In 'The Plan To Defeat Dagoth Ur' (bk_vivecs_plan), the line that reads "A mortal Kagrenac may then be destroyed by mundane means" should read Dagoth Ur instead of Kagrenac. Further down, there is also a misspelling "Nerevaine".
Victor Oropeza

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:22 am

Arsuru,
Any news about new version? You work on it?
Ronald

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:25 am

Yeah, I recently started playing the character I was playing before my break and have been documenting more things. Still mostly poorly placed objects though. I'll likely start CS work once I'm done with this play-through, provided I don't get distracted by something. The urge to watch some anime is rising... I'm still expecting to start by the end of the year though. It will likely be a beta while I go and re-find some old bugs I lost, as I have yet to see if my old drive can be recovered.

I had a thought to just number the version by date, if anyone wants to comment on that. Probably would do it as YYYY-MM-DD.
Nathan Hunter

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:31 am

Not sure if this belongs here but it would be nice if the the nix-hound knock out animation can be fixed: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5t87mC7CM0&feature=youtu.be
That movement of his left legs seems like a bug to me. MPP 1.6.5. does not fix this.
Eileen Collinson

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:46 pm

Animations can't be fixed via the CS, they would have to be changed either in Blender or 3D Max. The only thing you can do in the CS in regards to animations is add, replace, or remove.
Aaron Clark

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 11:18 pm

Iam aware of this. MPP 1.6.5. includes fixed meshes already so why not a fixed animation too?
Laura Samson

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 10:52 pm

Because it's easier to create meshes than it is animations. Still, it's Arsuru's call as to whether or not he wants to pursue that. Personally, I'd advise making a new thread asking about it because we don't have many animators anymore.
Bird

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:00 pm

Meshes and textures can't be fixed either, but there are some fixed in the patch. I personally have no problem doing that, but I've never done animation work. I'd like to have a lot of fixes to things like UV maps and such, but it's not a priority for the main patch.
teeny

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:56 am

Mmh unless there is more to MW animation then I think, I can not agree. Keyframe/Bone animations are not any harder to learn/master then modelling, the work/result is just less fun in my opinion. I would be very surprised if Antares needs more time to add animations to his models than actually moddeling them /wink.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=';)' />
Mylizards Dot com

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 6:25 pm

Well you're right that it's not THAT hard once you get the hang of it. At least for models which are already properly weighted for you. And my guess would be that this could be a pretty simple fix by simply rotating a few bones to get rid of the buggy behavior. But animating in general can be pretty time consuming even when utilizing copy-pasting of poses, you still have to manually rotate every single frame to differentiate them. To get a fluid motion, you're going to have a lot of frames. Some people would certainly say modeling is the easier part, but that depends on the complexity of the model.
No Name

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 7:39 am

Be that as it may, I still stand by my earlier statement that a new thread would be more appropriate for requesting new animations. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':)' />
Isabell Hoffmann

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:57 am

A few days ago I finish the MQ and this time I wanted to confirm one thing that I discover a couple years ago. Anyway it's about quest related NPC in Aldruhn and I think most people don't know that you can either kill in a Redoran quest or save her once Dagoth Ur is defeated, so I took a couple of pictures that will show you what I mean.

http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/gallery/image/1901-mge-screenshot-548/
http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/gallery/image/1902-mge-screenshot-552/
http://www.darkcreations.org/forums/gallery/image/1904-mge-screenshot-554/ http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Hanarai_Assutlanipal

This means that Bethesda plan to her include in the sleeper quest, but at the last minute they decided to remove her from that quest and probably forgot to remove her dialogue or is it just an eastern egg.

Why do I bring this up is quite simple you don't get reputation points plus Bethesda is probably not aware of this.

So my question is should this be fixed in UMP or should the quest in question be altered if UMP is gonna to fix the reputation points for saving her?
Tiffany Castillo

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 9:28 pm

True. But as MW doesnt require Pixar-like animations I think more people should try that ... for example me /biggrin.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':biggrin:' /> (edit: iam able to make basic animations but not sure on how to make MW use them)

Sorry for being a wise ass and yes I will make a thread if no one reacts to that problem in here.
BrEezy Baby

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:28 am

Quama queen ass is transparent.) That fixed anywhere?
Kelli Wolfe

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:35 am

Heh, I never noticed that. I think an appropriate fix would be to leave it transparent and fill'er up with eggs! But that'd be difficult with the pulsing animation it has...
joseluis perez

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:30 am

Not your fault. My wife's step father is very ill and that's weighing heavily on me because he lives with us. Since that doesn't pertain to Arsuru's thread, I'll not take up any more talking about it. I think you have a good idea, PB, but I think that making a new thread would get it the attention it deserves. Unfortunately, I fear you may have to learn how to animate if you want that done. I know AA released a good tutorial, so that'd be something to look into if no one bites on the idea.
Racheal Robertson

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:19 am

I thought one of the major complaints about the latest MPP was that it "fixed" things that many in the community didn't think were bugs to begin with?

In all honesty, I think of floating objects, broken quests, and unexplainable typos (not those found in hand-written notes) as bugs. There are already fixes out there that deal with animations (liztail), mesh smoothing (Slartibartfast), and texture seams (wollibeebee), and those particular modders are just off the top of my head. There have been many others.

Maybe it would be best to nail down the scope of this project and whether or not it will integrate other fix mods that have already been made or if the intention is to start from scratch?
Fanny Rouyé

Post » Fri Jun 21, 2013 5:11 pm

Hmm. I've always saved the sleepers before Killing Dagoth Ur, so I'll have to look into that. I planned on trying to do that quest by killing Dagonth Ur anyway to see the differences, so I may do that for this playthrough.

It sure doesn't look like it to me; are you sure you don't have a texture replacer? If you've ever looked at larval insects closely, you can often see into them as many are translucent. Considering the nature of the kwama, that might be intentional, whatever the case.

Good luck you to you all.

The intention is to start from scratch, and I've stated that. As far as what needs to be fixed, I mostly want to do what you've mentioned. Some graphical things are reasonable, like the Fire Shield icon, or the fact that the steel throwing knife has the steel dagger mesh and the steel and Imperial broadswords share the Imperial mesh. And then there is that wall that mapped incorrectly or something, leaving a hole.

Quite honestly, the animation in question for the nix-hound is something that you would expect to have been taken care of by an official patch. Smoothing is outside of the scope, but UV maps aren't, in my opinion. Just as with the incorrect weapon meshes, it's be nice to give a basic fix for vanilla assets. It's not a priority as some of the biggest offenders have been taken care of, but I feel it's something to be included eventually. I'd kinda like to try it myself to get a feel for it, but there are fixes in existence that I can point people to.

The biggest questionable things to me seem to relate to decimal placement and consistency. Flamemirror Robe, anyone? The weight of the Frostmirror Robe is off too. While that is probably best left to a balancing mod, you could reasonably expect those kinds of things to have been fixed by an official patch. I'd rather it be internally consistent for the patch. That doesn't mean I'm going to actually touch it, but damn, that robe is tempting... I did say that I intend to do at least two versions anyway, precisely for things like those robes.
Jake Easom

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 3:27 am

There is more to it and in fact there is a sleeper in Plot and Plaster IIRC. Here is more information about http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Morrowind:Sleepers_Awake#Sleepers_Awake.

Why not have lesser weight for the Flamemirror Robe and let the rest have more weight just to make a distinction about an unique robe.

I also suggest a separate esm/esp for repeated updates such as quests, dialogues entries and other things (changed gender or race or a quest giver), but let fixes for floating objects and other stuff be as it is. /smile.png' class='bbc_emoticon' alt=':smile:' />
des lynam

Post » Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:21 am

Yes, there are 15, and I've successfully saved them all and gotten reputation. You originally referred to the cultist that controls one of them. I see that you'll normally only get this dialogue from her once Dagoth Ur is dead. As I normally have killed her before, I've never seen it. I'm not sure what more you're saying there is.

It's possible that she was originally just a regular sleeper before Bethesda added the Redoran quest. Of course, not everyone will be Redoran or kill her before defeating Dagoth Ur.Given the situation, it would make sense for her to have a journal entry and give a reputation point as you can legitimately get that dialogue, as I've just tested in game. It's not like one point of reputation changes much. I'm for adding it, at the least to the extended version.

The Frosteatter Robe (my mistake) along with the The Flameeatter Robe are the only ones that doesn't match the weight of the other robes excepting the Robe of the Lich and the Werewolf Robe, the latter which you must wonder why is weighted at all. That's why. Changing the weight of the Flamemirror robe wouldn't make sense in comparison. Its enchantment is questionable compared to the other robes in the series as well as the enchantments present in general. A lot of things just don't make much sense, and you can imagine how chaotic the development must have been.

I intended to make a modular version anyway, for those that wish it. I've stated that previously, but I guess I should add it to the OP.
barbara belmonte

PreviousNext

Return to III - Morrowind