Cold Steel

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:17 pm

Edward

Bam.

Not Booooom.

Nor Baaaaaaam.

Just Bam? Is that one sound a nuke makes when it explodes?

Boooooom

No, that is the sound a nuke makes. He opened his eyes and thanked God for blast doors. At the last second the squad had dived through a blast door and survived. Edward turned around again and saw light at the end of the tunnel they were in. It was time to return to Big Bird he thought.

"Move your asses back to Big Bird men. No rest for the weary and all that bull!" he shouted, though all he wanted to do was lie down.
Bad News Rogers

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 2:27 am

I sighed in relief and patted Ed on the shoulder, "Well, we lost a lot of good equipment, but we got rid of one of our worst enemies," I muttered to him, I half smiled, "Come on Ed, let's get out of here, detonate those nukes and go and get some rest, that's enough for one day I think." I grinned, this had been one hell of a day and it'd only been about 2 or 3 hours at most. I grimaced, this was supposed to be an easy mission to, how terrible.
Rodney C

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:06 am

Vincent would notice the group of Brotherhood soldiers he met earlier come running toward the vertibird, followed by a deafening "BOOM!". He'd heard the same exact thing the day his parents, along with his home and the property it was built on was utterly destroyed by a "mini" nuke. "Mini my ass.", he thought.
Star Dunkels Macmillan

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:43 am

Edward

"Yeah, sure thing Pete. Lets check back at Big Bird then head up to Megaton to check on Vincent. Beer on me too." he said as he walked up to the Vertibird.

He unloaded some of his equipment and stepped up to the Cockpit, where he asked Nick to detonate the nukes, to which he so kindly obliged.

"Its boom-boom time boys!" he called out to them, and then they all felt the shake and heard the noise as the base collapsed and exploded.

"Now I want all of you to stay here, eat, rest, sleep, whatever I don't care. Me and Paladin Harrows have some business to attend to in Megaton, we have radios if you need to talk to us." he told them before he and Pete left to Megaton.

On the way up there he noticed Springvale had been severely damaged after all the explosions, and the buildings were all more damaged than before, and the ground was collapsing.
Rik Douglas

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:27 am

Patrick picked himself up off the ground. Looked around everyone was ok but radiation was beginning to set in he walked over to the vertibird a bit sore.
"Close call ay guys?"
Kanaoka

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 10:27 am

Would look around at each of them, finally setting his focus on his old friend, Paladin Harrows. "Harrows, give me the cold hard truth of it. You think I got a shot at getting back to normal? Serving the Steel to the best of my ability again?"

He awaited a hopeful response, but was also prepared for Sentinel Shield to tell him straight up that he could no longer serve, having attempted to strike a superior officer.
courtnay

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:51 am

I looked at Vincent, "Man, I hope so, just hope for the best and maybe it'll come to you," I muttered to him, starting to walk off with Ed, I waved to him, "Sorry man, we'll be back soon I hope, bye."

I sighed, looking at the remains of Springvale town and Elementary. The explosions had destroyed a fair bit of it, which was quite plausible. The buildings were collpasing even more and to my surprise, I saw an Enclave soldier stumbling around with what looked like a broken leg, broken arms and crushed helmet. I felt sympath for him, but not a lot, he was Enclave after all. I had enough sympathy to bring up my rifle and put him out of his misery, he fell down, not moving an inch. I shuddred, I hardly remembered who I was sometimes.

Ed and I kept moving off to Megaton, I did notice a couple more Enclave soldiers stumbling around, I just left them. I didn't care, I continued walking with Ed, I decided to perk up, "Well man, let's hope that things work out for us, sometimes I have to feel sorry for those soldiers, but most of the time I don't care... Who am I these days," I muttered to him and myself. We continued moving, off to Megaton.

(OOC: Being forced off, on the Weekend, GAH, I'll see if I can be on later, if not, see ya in about 10-12 hours...)
Celestine Stardust

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 11:08 am

Edward

"Vincent! I though you were up at Megaton, we better take you with us to get checked at the docs office. I can also assure you you will be serving the Brotherhood again if we can get you sorted out. There might even be a place for you here, with us. Just come with us and let the doctor fix you, and we can go back to normal. It wasn't you who tried to hit me, it was the Enclave Drugs."
Amanda savory

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:26 pm

Patrick was amazed at the site of the explosion and the ground giving way. He couldn't wait for some R&R in megaton not to mention a nice cold beer. He wondered about the Colonel.

"You think we got him Sentinel? The Colonel I mean?"
Stace

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 9:36 am

"Sir, thank you sir. I requested that I be transported on the vertibird you guys road out on. I appreciate the second shot... I swear I'll never be caught alive by those bastards again... And when I get better, I intend to serve you to the best of my ability."
Britta Gronkowski

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:24 pm

The Sentinel didn't say anything

"maybe that was the answer" Patrick thought.

He looked at the initiate they had found and thought he recognised him from his days as an initiate.

"Hey there brother, I think we met when I was an initiate, I'm Knight O'Conner but you can call me Patrick is there anything I can do to help?"
Hella Beast

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:41 am

I sighed, looking at the conversations going on between the different people, I sighed again. "Hey, Ed, we should head up to Megaton now, it might be wise," I muttered to him, he looked at me, I smiled, "Come on Ed, we could probably at least do with more supplies, plus, I need a drink, my shout."
Andrew Perry

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 7:34 am

Caught a little off guard by the other initiate, Vincent would reply in a more upbeat tone now that things were getting back to normal.

"Initiate Lacroix, and I think we may have trained together a few times back at base camp. I'm guessin' Sentinel Shield knows of someone in this town that can fix me up. That's the impression I got anyway."
emma sweeney

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 11:53 pm

Edward

He decided he'd just fly Big Bird up to Megaton and land it there and let everyone chill for awhile. He jumped in the cockpit, started the engine and pulled up, before shortly pulling back down to the center of Megaton where the bomb use to be. They got some weird looks but no one screwed with the people keeping them alive, so he left on of the Knighs to guard the Bird and dragged Vince to the docs office.

"Doc!" he called, "I got a bit of a mess for you, one of our guys has been tested on by the Enclave, I want you to have a look, clean out his system and see what else you can do for him. Watch out though, they made him a bit agro. Vince, remember if you attack him, or screw this up your career with the Brotherhood is on the line."

He left and grabbed Petes arm before dragging him up to Gobs Saloon. He was glad that old bastard Moriarty was killed in his sleep awhile back, Gob was so much kinder. He bought a round of drinks for Pete and himself and then another, and another, and another...
le GraiN

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:06 am

After what I thought to be about 6 rounds of drinks, which Ed had all payed for, I just decided that I was bored, "Hey, Ed, man, do we have to stay here? Like, theirs nothing to do, no offense Gob of course," I slurred out, I felt the words drop dead from my furry tongue from all the alcohol. I sighed, "Whatcha wanna do Ed?" I asked him, with a cutting edge of seriousness in my words.
jessica sonny

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:03 am

Patrick came into Gobs Saloon looking to have some cold ones. After about 6 he hired a room out and lay down. There was a lot that was going through his head. The mission was meant to be easy but it almost got them all killed and they lost a lot of good tech. He turned over and slept on it.
luis dejesus

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 10:31 pm

Vincent would keep what Sentinel Shield had said in mind, speaking only when spoken to and doing everything possible to remain completely calm. "Hey Doc. I'm not sure what they shot me full of... But I know they did it every damn day I was there. So tell me... Exactly how many years did that poison shave off my lifespan?"

Doc: "Well...Things aren't lookin' incredibly bright. They shot you full of, well, for lack of a better term "Super Steroids". The effects of this stuff are about ten times more effective then the "Buffout" brand, and permanent. However, I may be able to take the edge of those side effects with heavy doses of stim's and med-x. Of course, this will take regular injections so... If you have a fear of needles you need to get over it double-quick."

Understanding that there really wasn't an alternative, Vincent would agree to the prognosis, sitting down and rolling up a sleeve to get ready for the first round. "I wanna be myself again, Doc. And I'll do anything to achieve that goal..."
Genocidal Cry

Post » Tue Aug 25, 2009 9:59 pm

(OOC: I'M [CENSORED] SHATTERED, I'll be back in about 8 hours I guess, by guys! M'heree, do whatever you wish with Pete)
Jynx Anthropic

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:17 am

Edward

"Oh my God man! We- We should like totally..." Edwards head slammed against the table as he blacked out for a second. Pete poked him and he got back up again laughing hysterically.

"WHAT THE HELL!!!" Edward suddenly shouted, "That guy was looking at me!"

On the other side of the bar three settlers sat there staring at the two Brotherhood guys.

"You got a problem!" he yelled at them, suddenly standing up and walking over to them.

"Yeah, your makin a commotion in our pub, get out." commanded the boldest one.

"Do you know who your talking to! I'm a Megaton Settler! No your a Megaton Settler, I'm a Gob. Wait, stop- stop tricking me, I'm a Sentinel. Yea- Yeah, I'm a *hiccup* Sentinel. Get outta my bar, I... I got it." he slurred.

Then the men stood up, trying to stare down Edward. He decided he wanted to go to sleep, but he had to take care of these guys first, but he wasn't allowed to throw the first punch...

"Your mom was good in bed last night by the way..." he laughed loudly.

Just then the bold one punched at his face, and, while stoll drunk he dodged and punched the man in the stomach, before grabbing the other two and slamming their heads together. He then grabbed Pete again and they walked out.

"You know we should..." he started to say before he blacked out and started to fall over and down towards the railing...
lydia nekongo

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 6:13 am

Walking toward Moriarty's famous pub, Vincent would spot Shield about to fall to a rather embarrassing death, especially for a Sentinel. He'd quickly place himself between Shield and the railing, catching the mans weight easily and helping him balance himself. "Whoa there tiger! Few too many drinks I think..."
Enie van Bied

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 5:36 am

((OOC: Gah, I read that and I had to come back online, now gah, ThatOneNwah has taken my glory, !!! I refuse to change this post, I came back from going to sleep to change this..)
IC:

I wasn't as drunk as Ed, so I had a bit of right of mind, I watched as he stumbled out of the bar and I pretty much did as well. I saw him stop and pretty much lose the sight in his eyes, he started falling towards the railing.
Towards a pretty long damn fall.

I leapt towards him and got myself underneath him so that he wouldn't fall through the railing and to his death. I grunted as I lifted him up and leant him against a wall. I panted, I was drunk and I think I'd just managed to save Ed's life, I laughed, ah these would be good memories. I looked at him, he was snoring away, I laughed and decided to punch him in the arm. No response. I blinked then slapped him, he woke with a start and I laughed. He stared at me and I muttered, "You blacked out, almost fell over the railing too, god how much did you drink Ed?"
ladyflames

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:54 am

"haha you lads need to learn how to hold your drink." Patrick said slurring his words without knowing it.

After waking up he had seen the commotion and come to help out.

"Maybe we should make our way home?"
Darrell Fawcett

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 8:57 am

(OOC: You know I like the fact we're all online, but our posts clash, ThatOneNwah, who's gonna change their post?)
Jodie Bardgett

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 3:33 am

(OOC: You guys can both save me together, trust me, I'm worth it. :P)

He was laughing, he didn't know why, but he was.

Alot.

Then he collapsed again, but his friends helped him up.

Then someone suggested we go home, but where was home? They had to do something tomorrow but he couldn't remember what it was...

A mission!

Then he collapsed again from thinking too much.

"Can you guys pleeeease take me to Mr. Big Bird? I- I am going to sleep with him"

And then he started laughing again, but soon blacked out again, he shouldn't have had those extra shots of Vodka...
NO suckers In Here

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:10 pm

(OOC: Okay, works for me, now I think I might actually go to bed... No regrets, M'heree, your in control. Time for that drunken waste drawl isn't it? Ah well, it's up to you, I'll be back in the morning lads! Actually scratch that.)

IC:

I looked at my friend, worried, "Ed, seriously are you okay? I'm worried, I think you drunk a bit to much." I muttered to him, I looked at Vincent, "Thanks for the help, I appreciate it, don't think I could've lifted him myself, god Ed your heavy!" I chuckled out, grinning.
Luna Lovegood

PreviousNext

Return to Fallout Series Discussion