the empire is dead

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:23 am

I think a big reason Ulfric doesn't ask Hammerfell for help is because self reliance is a big theme with Ulfric. It's why he says he defeated Torygg; Torygg couldn't stand on his own.
But his goal isn't really gonna help fight the Dominion single self reliant isolationist nations cannot defeat an empire such as the dominion.
Nick Jase Mason

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:58 am

Which btw, expect the Dunmer to secede from the Empire as well.

They were an autonomous Province before the calamity as it was, and when disaster hit, the Empire was nowhere to be found in their time of need.

All those years that the Empire relied upon Dunmer Warriors and Battlemages, but when the Dunmer needed the help, where was the Empire? Nowhere.

So now the Dunmer are rebuilding the strength of Morrowind on Solstheim, with plans to resettle their old territory (since the coward Argonians were dumb enough to leave the area of Old Morrowind completely...) once their forces and society get strong enough.

But don't expect the Dunmer to just allow the Empire back into their territory like nothing has happened.

We Dunmer have very long memories, and like the Altmer our lives span centuries. Morrowind and all Dunmer will remember the Empire's cowardice. We will remember, and when you come looking for Dunmer Warriors and Battlemages yet again, we will treat you exactly as you have treated us.

Nocturne, Dunmer and Proud.
Jennifer Munroe

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:17 pm

"defeated" isn't the word I'd use for what he did, but still doesn't that further the point that he would try to attack the Dominion on his own?
Don't know. The thing with Torygg is that Ulfric says he was an Imperial puppet, so the self reliance thing is probably in reference to the Empire: I can't say for certain, but it seems that way. And it isn't like the Stormcloaks and Redguards would be merging countries. And it isn't like the Aldmeri Dominion is one single country, granted it's been sieged so hard that my personal bet is there's infighting with Valenwood.

But his goal isn't really gonna help fight the Dominion single self reliant isolationist nations cannot defeat an empire such as the dominion.

Don't know if that's true or not. In the event the Stormcloaks have actually won the civil war, they have the Dragonborn and that means everything.
Esther Fernandez

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:14 pm

They were an autonomous Province before the calamity as it was, and when disaster hit, the Empire was nowhere to be found in their time of need.

All those years that the Empire relied upon Dunmer Warriors and Battlemages, but when the Dunmer needed the help, where was the Empire? Nowhere.

So now the Dunmer are rebuilding the strength of Morrowind on Solstheim, with plans to resettle their old territory (since the coward Argonians were dumb enough to leave the area of Old Morrowind completely...) once their forces and society get strong enough.

But don't expect the Dunmer to just allow the Empire back into their territory like nothing has happened.

We Dunmer have very long memories, and like the Altmer our lives span centuries. Morrowind and all Dunmer will remember the Empire's cowardice. We will remember, and when you come looking for Dunmer Warriors and Battlemages yet again, we will treat you exactly as you have treated us.

Umm...Morrowind isn't part of the fourth empire, they haven't been apart of the empire since before the end of the Third and though I believe that the Dunmer warriors and battlemages that joined the legion were a great benefit, they numbered few or would rarely leave Morrowind, remember even during the Third Empire Morrowind was very much isolationists besides the Hlaalu and a few areas of Redoran.
Mr. Allen

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:12 pm

"defeated" isn't the word I'd use for what he did, but still doesn't that further the point that he would try to attack the Dominion on his own?

Not necessarily. He has proven that Skyrim is more powerful then the Empire if he won the civil war. He has already proven the strength of his warriors and his generals, so there is nothing stopping him from joining an alliance with the Redguards to defeat their united enemy. As long as it is with the understanding that after the war the both of them go back home and continue ignoring each other .

Umm...Morrowind isn't part of the fourth empire, they haven't been apart of the empire since before the end of the Third and though I believe that the Dunmer warriors and battlemages that joined the legion were a great benefit, they numbered few or would rarely leave Morrowind, remember even during the Third Empire Morrowind was very much isolationists besides the Hlaalu and a few areas of Redoran.

Although not really relevant, Morrowind has never officially left the Empire.
Noely Ulloa

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:38 am

Really? when the imperials win the dummer in windhelm are exteremly happy that the empire has won. I also remember seeing a dummer out in the world going to join the legion.
Brooke Turner

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 12:28 pm

The dunmer's problem is that they picked a [censored] time to have a volcano erupt and then get invaded the empire had a lot on its plate
Wayland Neace

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:11 am

But the stormcloaks are nothing but hot-heads and I highly doubt they'd even try to take on the empire nor do I think the redguards would join with the Stormcloaks to further weaken the empire, themselves and the nords while the Dominion sits back and laughs also if thats the case then why didn't Ulfric try to get the Redguards to help him?

Throughout the game you learn Ulfric thinks a bit more long term than you seem to give him credit for.

- Sends alliance requests to High Rock (Apparently this is "not playing nice with others" in your definition)
- Refuses to attack Solitude while a certain someone is there, stating he doesn't want a full out war with the empire.(Which this certain someone's death would definitely provoke)
- Waited 30 years to make his move. (So impatient)
- Attempts to win over Whiterun with diplomacy. (HOT HEAD)

You don't like Ulfric. You don't have to lie about it though.
Monika Fiolek

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:45 am

Don't know. The thing with Torygg is that Ulfric says he was an Imperial puppet, so the self reliance thing is probably in reference to the Empire: I can't say for certain, but it seems that way. And it isn't like the Stormcloaks and Redguards would be merging countries. And it isn't like the Aldmeri Dominion is one single country, granted it's been sieged so hard that my personal bet is there's infighting with Valenwood.

The thing is, the high-kings of Skyrim have always been Empire supporters, so a high-king supporting the empire isn't really uncommon. Hell most of the high-kings of Skyrim ended up eventually on the throne but just because someone supports the empire doesn't make them a puppet and they've never actually given any proof that he was a puppet in-game, it just kinda sounds like a half ass excuse for a power grab to me.

Throughout the game you learn Ulfric thinks a bit more long term than you seem to give him credit for.

- Sends alliance requests to High Rock (Apparently this is "not playing nice with others" in your definition)
- Refuses to attack Solitude while a certain someone is there, stating he doesn't want a full out war with the empire.(Which this certain someone's death would definitely provoke)

He never sent a request to High rock nor does it even state that in-game though I might be wrong since my memory is a bit fuzzy, no of course he doesn't want an all out war because he knows he would lose, most of that time was being locked up in a Thalmor prison or trying to encourage others to fight for him under the table, and his diplomacy action for whiterun was "Join us or we'll invade you"
Cathrin Hummel

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:04 pm

Don't know if that's true or not. In the event the Stormcloaks have actually won the civil war, they have the Dragonborn and that means everything.
A dragonborn is not everything it helps for sure but he can't be everywhere the Dominion could crush a lone skyrim the empire needs the nords and the nords need the empire.
katsomaya Sanchez

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:10 pm

Thank you!
Emma Copeland

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 6:00 pm

The thing is, the high-kings of Skyrim have always been Empire supporters, so a high-king supporting the empire isn't really uncommon. Hell most of the high-kings of Skyrim ended up eventually on the throne but just because someone supports the empire doesn't make them a puppet and they've never actually given any proof that he was a puppet in-game, it just kinda sounds like a half ass excuse for a power grab to me.

Funny thing is if you speak to the court wizard of solitude Torygg agreeded with ulfric but he did not join since its not the right time for skyrim to be independant.
Daddy Cool!

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:28 pm

People in Solitude sure seemed to think so, and several are worried that Elisif is the same way with Tullius.

"To be honest, he wasn't even that good of a king. All he did was make speeches about how great the empire was."
Music Show

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:09 pm

It's not in great shape and that's an understatement. It's my hope that a new Tiber Septim-quality hero comes along and pulls it all back together again for everyone's good. I don't know where the story is going but I hope it's magnificient and monumental...especially the story to be written about dealing with the Aldmeri Dominion and the Thalmor. I'm looking forward to that a lot. :tes:
evelina c

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:46 pm

This was before the WGC, or maybe one of the High Kings was around during the WGC. Which means nothing compared to all the hundreds that came before.

He was a puppet because he supported the empire and the WGC instead of fighting against it, at least that is Ulfric his reasons for calling him that and from Ulfric his POV there is no possible better reason.
Lizbeth Ruiz

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 10:32 am

It's not in great shape and that's an understatement. It's my hope that a new Tiber Septim-quality hero comes along and pulls it all back together again for everyone's good. I don't know where the story is going but I hope it's magnificient and monumental...especially the story to be written about dealing with the Aldmeri Dominion and the Thalmor. I'm looking forward to that a lot. :tes:

Something like this is what I'm expecting to happen. A lot of events in Skyrim mirror events that took place during Tiber's original campaign that united the empire. Ulfric's retaking of the reach through the use of the voice(Mirrors Tiber's same accomplishment). The greybeards naming you ysmir and declaring the stormcrown to rest on you. The ghost of Hroldan recognizing you as Hjalti(Tiber's original name) Tiber's campaign was actually performed by three different people all working to further their goals. Given the naming scheme of the two generals in Skyrim, we've got ourselves two parts of the mantle. Tullius Stormcloak ~= Talos Stormcrown, with the Dragonborn filling in the third part. 2 of these three are going to die if things repeat themselves. Either way both sides will likely consolidate the forces left for this next war.
Zach Hunter

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:04 am

To be honest, I kinda hope seasons unending because the canon way of solving the civil war, just have the two sides in a permanent stalemate.
Cedric Pearson

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:48 am

I don't. I want to be High King of Skyrim!

Finding the dragon crown and Ulfric not immediately equipping it was foreshadowing, calling it now.
Chris Cross Cabaret Man

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:42 pm

I don't. I want to be High King of Skyrim!

Finding the dragon crown and Ulfric not immediately equipping it was foreshadowing, calling it now.

More so since the crown has special enchantments on it I guess :P
OTTO

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 5:48 pm

Really? when the imperials win the dummer in windhelm are exteremly happy that the empire has won. I also remember seeing a dummer out in the world going to join the legion.

Going by the Lore, the Dunmer are not happy with the Empire. Just because an individual Dunmer is joining the Legion, does not mean that the whole Nation s still lovey-dovey with the Empire.

Morrowind distrusted the Empire's motivations while they were still a part of the Empire. Now that the Empire has pretty much abandoned them, the Dunmer don't like the Empire outright, and will probably formally secede from the Empire when they feel it will be politically best for the Kingdom.
Nick Pryce

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:18 pm

Going by the Lore, the Dunmer are not happy with the Empire. Just because an individual Dunmer is joining the Legion, does not mean that the whole Nation s still lovey-dovey with the Empire.

Morrowind distrusted the Empire's motivations while they were still a part of the Empire. Now that the Empire has pretty much abandoned them, the Dunmer don't like the Empire outright, and will probably formally secede from the Empire when they feel it will be politically best for the Kingdom.

Umm again...Morrowind isn't apart of the Fourth cyrodiilic empire, they are an independent country. They seceded from the empire after the septims fell, in fact i think they were one of the first provinces next to black marsh to secede.
joeK

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 4:06 pm

No the entire population of dummer in windhelm is happy. And the empire let Morrowind keep there unique culture, we also know for a fact that most orcs love the empire.
T. tacks Rims

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:16 pm

To be honest, I kinda hope seasons unending because the canon way of solving the civil war, just have the two sides in a permanent stalemate.

Same. I was bummed there was no way to force the moot. Sort of like FO:NV's way to talk your way out of the final battle if you invested enough in speech ability.
Crystal Clear

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 8:03 pm

Are you serious all of his rants are about how skyrim is the nords land and how other races have no right to enter it's borders look how he treats the dunmer and argonians of windhelm and then tell me he plays nice with others oh and his constant bashing of imperials sure there are corrupt ones but when you catagorize a whole people that's just racist.
latrina

Post » Fri Jun 22, 2012 7:50 pm

No the entire population of dummer in windhelm is happy. And the empire let Morrowind keep there unique culture, we also know for a fact that most orcs love the empire.
Orcs? in morrowind??!!??
ANaIs GRelot

PreviousNext

Return to V - Skyrim